Repeated Crashes on time traveling (Corrupted Lake)

*Tried GPU driver update and downgrade backward
*Tried verifying files on Steam, of course, it was my first try after experiencing crash
*Tried Switching btween Fullscreen-Windowed, Limiting my max FPS, and Lowering graphics setting(Low~Off)

DxDiag.txt (114.9 KB)

The game won’t respond right after the ancient era loading screen, so couldn’t find any of log file or bug report button, the best I can do is to keep force shutting down the game.

The first time travel to ancient era was fine (Right after the fight Giant worm in a cave, as I recall. And I swept the small map clockwise and got out)

But every single try after that makes the game crashes.
First the travel on cultist camp(eventually I have skipped the event and proceeded further.)
And the same happened when I landed on the imperial era, I found the different time rift and same happened.

As a fellow gamer, everyone would know this crash thing makes us really irritating, and even more, I can’t get an additional idol slot, can I ?

Please help.

Hi, Welcome to the forums…

Sorry you are having hassles…

Crashing on loading screens is usually some combination of the following: Game corruption, OS update/GPU drivers or In-game settings too high for the hardware.

Thanks for the dxdiag file, but you need to include your Player.log (game debug file) and le_graphicsmanager.ini (game graphics settings) files. Useful files - Last Epoch Support Hub. These files would help pinpoint what is happening - without them I have to guess/make assumptions.

As you have verified the game files, we can assume that its not a game corruption.

GPU drivers - did you do a safe mode, clean driver installation? A driver upgrade doesnt always replace problem files or remove older files that could be causing problems. If you dont know how to do this manually then you can use something like DDU.

Changing settings - LE is in beta & has performance related instability that is directly influenced by game settings - one of the common things that happen is the game will crash when loading into a new map/area… I cannot obviously see what settings you are using in-game but I can see you are using a 1080 on two separate monitors (one of which is an ultra wide with 144hz) so its possible you might be assuming that the game would be fine on higher settings.

A simple way to test if you are having performance issues is to set your in-game settings to 1080p, 60fps framerate limit, all quality settings on very low and all special features like grass/aa/shadows off/lowest option. This is the most stable config and should have no problem - its what I use on my 1060 GPU and the game has no issues. Note: its important to change all settings to the lowest, dont just change a few for this test. Framerate limit is a critical setting and should not be set unlimited or at the 144hz speed of your monitor…

Obviously if the problem goes away, then you definitely have the performance related issue and simply need to be conservative with your in-game settings in favour of stability.

Another thing to conisider is anything else that you might be running while playing LE… any other third party app etc… For testing purposes, temporarily do not run anything else while playing LE… just to see if it has an effect on the games performance.

Looking at your DXDIAG:

1. Your OS could use a patch - its only 19041… Windows 10 is now on 19044 - I would not recommend playing without updating to at least 19042 as there were hotfixes earlier in the year that caused lots of problem for games. I use 19043 without issues

2. The diagnostic seciton is showing the Last Epoch crashes with the Unity Game Engine… But its also showing crashes or memory management issues with ezPDFWSLauncher.exe (crash), ROCCAT_Swarm.exe (crash), EpicGamesLauncher.exe (memory). I would recommend that you check these apps for updates and View Reliability History on your system to see more information about resolving these.

You can try the suggestions above in the meanwhile and post the files I mentioned above.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.