Remove the void pools from Julra

have any of the devs even tried fighting her as melee?

she’s a ranged enemy who sits in her own death pools, can’t be moved, and spams out attacks that require you to disengage from here melee range even if she’s not in a pool…

remove them, they aren’t fun.

I don’t use the dungeon’s mechanics and it makes the boss harder. This is a problem with the game though, not me.

lol.

5 Likes

Although a little hyperbolic i tend to agree that fighting her as malee is unfun. What i did was the moment she uses the bay blade, i switch dimensions, pop cooldowns, kite the pool aside and repeat. Seems to work, but lol is it a pain

Nawh dude, EHG’s game is definitely the problem. They aren’t just handing everyone victory screens. What 21st century gamer mentality is that.

4 Likes

he’s a gatekeeper who lives on the forums just to make sure the devs never change any part of the bad design, just put him on permanent ignore like i did and move on with your day with a more productive forum.

Pointing out that the source of your complaint is you not understanding the fight and doing it badly isn’t gatekeeping. Sorry.

3 Likes

You can lure Julra away from the pools tho…

i literally tried, she just sat in the center of the room spamming abilities

Works for me… Also you can switch dimensions whenever you like to avoid them…

false, the pools don’t go away when you swap dimensions. i have no gripe with the other mechanics, but the pools make the fight obnoxiously unplayable for melee.

I didn’t say they go away… BUt they exist in THEIR dimension… Also your position during the fight decides where the pools form… So you actually choose where on the floor they are… You need to learn the fight better, it’s not that complicated… Here’s a link to a guide

2 Likes

no. boss guides are for gameplay you can do over freely.

if a boss you only get one shot at per key input needs a guide, then it’s over designed.

remove the garbage mechanics.

Git Gud.

4 Likes

I was being sarcastic there. I agree with Bronco.

3 Likes

You refusing to use a boss guide is fine. But Makszi is trying to be legitimately helpful to you.

The dungeon and boss is designed to be a one-chance sort of thing, by design. It’s not over designed, you just haven’t done the fight enough to learn it (and refuse to read up on it, though not necessarily an issue, would help you).

3 Likes

This dude is literally “I’ve tried nothing and I’m all out of ideas” up in here.

3 Likes

i accept that, but this post isn’t a call for assistance, it’s a call for a change to a fundamentally unfun mechanic that disproportionately affects on type of playstyle.

a ranged character doesn’t have to learn that mechanic, so melee shouldn’t have to either.

it needs to be removed or it needs to absolutely one shot god himself if it lands on a ranged character so that people can get their heads out of their butts and call for the game to improve instead of gatekeeping pointlessly difficult designs.

Literally just move to the edge of the arena after the time warp. It’s a braindead mechanic.

4 Likes

Bro, you can kite the pools. When she does the screen wide attack that you have to switch dimensions for, wait at the edges of the arena. When she switches over to the other timer she spawns the pool and it will follow you. You need to park it on the outside of the arena. Just kite it.

2 Likes

A ranged character absolutely needs to learn that mechanic. Not stepping in it as you dodge her other abilities is pretty important.

Being melee in any game where ranged is an option is inherently more difficult. I understand that and have been on the ass end of it many, many times over the last 7-8 years of playing ARPGs. It’s an unfortunate reality to being melee that the game is just tougher.

There isn’t a lot to be done about that issue without making bosses just… braindead, boring and unrewarding. We have many ARPGs, a couple of really massive ones right now that have a much larger and consistent following than LE that run into the same melee-based issues. When you come up with the perfect way to deal with it, you might wanna sell it to them.

1 Like