Recently having crashes

I recently started playing Last Epoch on a new desktop. Specs: AMD 5950x, EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Corsair Vengeance 64g Ram. It will run fine for 15 minutes or so then the LE logo appears in a small white box in the middle of the screen with a red exclamation point and it shuts down
error.log (118.8 KB)
Player.log (159.0 KB)
Any advice or help would be great.

Hey there… welcome to the forums…

I hope you didnt have to promise your first born for a system like that… but I digress…

The errors in the player.log and error.log both refer to issues with the UnityPlayer.dll - this is the game engine that LE uses… The specific error is unfortunately not that useful to a non Unity developer (like myself) but a quick google seems to indicate it could be a Graphic setting issue…

You havent provided your in-game settings (le_graphicsmanager.ini) file but I am going to assume that with your system spec, you just maxed everything out on your 2560x1440p (165Hz) monitor… If LE was optimised & launched, these settings on your hardware would be perfectly fine… but its beta and is very much unoptimised so if you are, as I assume, running maxed out, it could be that the game just cannot handle it…

So… I would suggest the following:

1. Verify the game files - important.

2. Consider doing a clean safe mode GPU driver installation (or use something like DDU) to make sure that your GPU drivers are correctly installed… Do not do an upgrade installation as this doesnt always replace problem drivers.

3. Confirm that your WIndows is patched (there is 19042 and 43 versions).

4. Just as a temporary test… Drop your quality settings all to very low and disable all special features like shadows , AA etc… enable your in-game fps limits to 60fps… Test out the game and see if this is more stable… if it is, then you are experiencing the known performance instability that the game has at high settings and just need to be conservative until the devs can dedicate time to optimisation… I would increase things incrementally until you have a quality & fps you are happy with using and that is stable… (I would recommend not using Ultra settings - they are known to cause instability even on systems like yours) Remember its not your hardware… its the state of the game… its like putting your foot down in a racecar that is not properly tuned/serviced yet…

5. As a temporary test… also make sure to disable or not run any other applications while testing LE… just to see if anything is causing problems… This includes things like Steam Overlays (le doesnt use it anyway) etc… even things that might seem totally irrelevant… just temporarily dont use them to test if they could possibly be the cause…

Obviously if none of the suggestions above made any difference then this might be more complicated.,

Thank you for the reply. Item one was the first thing I did. Item two, when I built the computer that is how I installed the drivers, but I will check for any updates (system is less than a week old). Item 3…never occurred to me could cause issues. I will check on. As far as items four and five, I will test those. By the way, spot on about the graphic settings. Impressive. I know LE can hit systems hard so I was curious what it did to my temps and stuff. Where in the folder structure are the graphic settings, I didn’t see them.

3 - Windows patches… yip… DirectX is built into Windows 10 so some patches are important… and obviously sometimes Microsoft messes up a hotfix and if the patches are not applied, the hotfix doesnt get rolled back e.g. they had a hotfix patch in april that messed up FPS for gamers…

4 - I have a feeling this is probably what is causing the problem… Hoping its a simple as dialling back some settings to improve things… ps. going ot the lowest settings first is a quick way to confirm it rather than slowly dialing back…

5 - yes… there are quite a few third party apps that mess with unity… even things like Citrix… so its best to remove any other apps from the equation - just for testing…

Your settings to test your hardware… yah… problem is that LE doesnt really know what to do so on your level of hardware it will max things out as much as it can and then give itself a speed wobble and crash… :wink:

The le_graphicsmanager.ini should be in the same folder as the player.log
Bootdrive:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games

Don’t know how I missed it then. Thanks a lot for the help.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.