Ranged Ice Minions 100% Crit Endgame Destroying Necromancer 0.8.1c

Needed no, but ill try to put together a basic one before the end of the weekend for it

2 Likes

man itā€™s appreciated; first char in LE and this is my build of choice

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™ve been playing this build and if you want I can give you my loot filter, is a modified version of heavyā€™s casual filter, modified to fit the items from this specific build, not perfect but it could be a base to start the full guide filter if you want.

Yeah that would be awesome, link it and ill put it in :slight_smile:

As I said, itā€™s based on heavyā€™s casual. I added a rule for mods that you want to shatter, to be changed based on what I need, a rule for rare mods that Iā€™ll always want to shatter like skeleton mage damage or +1 skeletons.

Then for the items I have all the mods being interchangeable for boots, belt, rings, relic, and gauntlets and I keep track of which mods I already have on the build manually, like lightning resistance, there is only one lightning resistance on the build, so if I already got it on the belt, Iā€™ll not pick up items that have it any more unless theyā€™re really far along the road for 4 t5, if I got a full 4 t5 item with it, Iā€™d fully remove it from my filter.

You might wanna take a look to see if Iā€™m missing something.

2 Likes

Added for those that would like it.

1 Like

Just out of interest, how hard would it be to level with ranged minions? Following the 1-75 guide, but the melee minions are terrible due to their ai :frowning:

If you run the exact same 1 to 75 guide but spec the trees for skeleton archer/mage as in this video it works better :slight_smile:

New player here, from path of exile, donā€™t like the direction of that game or the censorship, so here I am. As I said Iā€™m completely new to LE, but wondered how you know what order to assign skill points in? For example do you level up your skeleton skills first (im sure thatā€™s not the case), it would be great to know point 1 goes here, point 2 there, and so on. Apologies of tatā€™s already in the guide, Iā€™ve not found it if it is.

Some more notes on Minion Crit, i really wanted to bring those to 100%.

If you run:

Gear:
Base Crit on Head and Chest (t5 medium rolls)
Inc. Minion Crit on Head (t5 at least not bad roll)
4*2% base crit idols
Amulett with halfway decent roll

Talents:
5/5 River of Bones
3+ Heresy
4/4 Unbound Necromancy (Archers)
3/5 Celler Mortis (Mage)

Now your Mages and Archers should be at around 100% crit chance both.
You can make up for missing rolls with more points in Heresy or change idols or points in unbound necromancy (if you take Heresy max later anyway) if you overcap.

The 2 points you gained in Mage can be invested in more Attackspeed :slight_smile:

Was bored at work so i took the guide and build around in planner ā€¦

2 Likes

Well Iā€™m doing it right now Iā€™m only at 35 but so far nothingā€™s really stood in my way itā€™s not deathless of course but screw its softcore

Really enjoying both this and the melee version of the build so far; takes me back to the old D2 Skelemancer days!

Some suggestions that are working really well for me in case you hadnā€™t considered them:

Death Shade:

• Donā€™t go further down the lower left side than what you need to get Spectral Distance (buffs outside the area instead of inside)
  • Pick up Enemy of my Enemies so you can target enemies instead of minions
  • 2 points in Frenzied Phantom for extra attack/cast speed (currently bugged, 1 point does nothing, more than one point lasts as long as Dread Shadeā€¦ even once fixed, I cast Death Shade enough to keep it up all the time)
  • Flesh Harvest works on enemy health; when itā€™s on a boss, the more their health drops the bigger the Death Shade bonus

Replace Bone Golem with Bone Curse:

• Take Bone Prison, the cooldown reduction with gaps, and extra HP for the prison
  • Sigil of Mortality and Oppressive Gaze for perma Bone Curse effect and Mark of Death on bosses
  • Brittle Bones for a 12% kill threshhold on bosses

Summon Skeleton:

• 3 points in Impatience for extra CDR on Ice Arrow/Multishot

Rip Blood:

• I went the health route instead of ward and stacked resistances/endurance on gear, but I donā€™t think this would effect the rest of the build much

Skill wise, I ended up something like this for the above skills. On trash mobs, tag a few enemies with Death Shade at range and your minions tear through them. Use Bone Prison to keep trash far enough away to get the Death Shade bonus. On bosses, pop Bone Curse for perma-debuff on the boss (refresh for Bone Prison if you want/need), refresh Death Shade every 6 seconds, cast Rip Blood on your minions to keep them buffed and your health topped offā€¦

On a side note, testing on the dummy at least, Ice Mages CAN shotgun the dummy (every 2-3 shots 2 of the ice bolts hit it and both do damage). I couldnā€™t reproduce this with the Fire Mages (no matter the range or position, they only ever got one bolt to hit)

1 Like

Interesting tweaks.

Just one quest for you and Boardman why Spectral Golem?

500 minion dodge increases survivabilty

New player here, with a question about getting that wand. I assume making a 2nd character and running it to the first gambler so that he actually has Profane Wands is what I should do? Also, are there any rough numbers on the chance to get it?

Welcome to the community!

It looks like you have about a 1.5% chance
Here is a link kto the gambling simulator!

Oh, thats a lot higher chance than I feared. Thanks! And about the 2nd low level character? Is that the best approach? Just looks like it would save me a lot of gold on refreshes.

Yes. Or log out log in for free refresh

got mine in 6 tries at level 6 new char

Got a question about the loot filter. It shows a ton of stuff that makes no sense to me. Like all(?) weapons, both one and two handed, with no stats on them relevant to the build so its not for shattering. As a new player I am wondering if am just missing the reason why they are shown, or if I can get rid of the rule that shows them. Same question for the rules recoloring all Acolyte affixes and Acolyte idols.