Random Crashes SOLVED (for me atleast)

been doing some heavy investigating, was having random crashes when zoning, sometimes just randomly while playing and I’ve even had full system reboots. I kept digging into windows debugs and found that most of the issues seem to have been;

video_scheduler_internal_error (119)

after digging deeper in to this error, this is a windows feature called MPO (Multi-Plane Overlay) Its supposed to have some optimizations when running in windows borderless window etc but the implementation is bad. it effectively creates multiple buffers when playing multiscreen games like a multimonitor race sim setup for example. Atleast from what i’ve read, if you run the game on one monitor and say browser in another. you should be able to disable MPO with no issues. this is done with a simple registery entry. You can download a file from both the AMD and Nvidia site with a simple search but if you feel so inclined, you can add it yourself

you’d rather do it by hand the key is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Dwm , create DWORD OverlayTestMode with value 00000005 .

2 Likes

Hello. Testing it right now, will let you know if it works for me too as I spent past 7 hours trying to fix it

EDIT 1: So far everything seems good? Playing on maxed out details and not a single crash for 20 minutes
EDIT 2: 1 hour and still going :smiley: You are a godsend!

ok im trying this out and if it works, im giving you my newborn child…
THANK YOU !

Okay, after hours of testing everything seems to be working great except for areas around Thetima. Those still crash :frowning: Dear god I hope they fix their game