Pls address Eternal Cache workings

Respectfully, it doesn’t always work like that. Many playstyles are enabled at +3 or +4 to your main skill. The most popular one is probably Frost Claw. On the frostbite version, you can’t take key nodes without at least a T6 Frost Claw affix.

The cheapest T6 is 20M in Cycle. T7 is 200-300M. And I do not think these prices are inflated. IMO they quite accurately reflect the rarity. These affixes basically do not exist. I got 60h on my runemaster and I haven’t seen even a T1. Dropping an exalt happens once per hundreds of hours.

So 300M (or hundreds of hours) for a 50% chance at a slam on a 2LP Heart (same value). Possibly thousands of hours. Show me another aRPG that demands this for a build enabler.

Before someone replies about my expectations, please, don’t, My expectations are the same as in all other aRPGs. And they have not been met in LE.

1 Like

Its good that the topic got some discussion from various people. I hope some of the decision makers at EHG may even spend a few mins reading the gist of the opening post. I was just telling my story of the game, its neither right or wrong. I think others have felt it as well.

Thanks to the others that added to discussion, whatever your views.

With so many people claiming to have failed repeatedly to slam the desired affix on a 2LP+ items, is there a chance that slam is actually weighted to favour modifiers of lesser tier, or at least favour non-exalted mods?
I mean they have the same dogshit mechanic for Rune of Removal, and it is not stated in the description, so it is safe to assume the possibility of weighting on LP slams to exist as well.
Also, with so many complaints about this issue (there’s not a single day without a new thread on Legendaries, on an otherwise dead forum) maybe they should consider removing the LP mechanic, and buff/rebalance uniques, and adjust their rarity to make some of uniques into so called “chase items”?

We’ll just agree to disagree here. I think this comes down more to choice of play then a flaw in an item. Or perhaps a flaw with the design of a skill that only works if you have a +3 affix to something or it’s ‘dead’. Still not a waste of that item because many other builds DON’T require that sort of necessity and are still HIGHLY playable and fun.

But this how I see it. You don’t. Back to playing!

I think this has come up before as a question and the general consensus was it isn’t. That said, I don’t know if we’ve gotten a Dev confirmation on that so at this stage we might not definitively know. Someone else will probably have a quote to verify it maybe. I checked Andrew’s Unofficial Road Map thread to see if anything was listed but didn’t see anything in a quick half dozen word searches.

Also, if this IS in there, I would 100% advocate that it be removed ASAP, because that would royally suck.

Yeah, I don’t think so either. It’s just that people don’t come here to post when they get the slam they were after, and usually don’t try multiple times, looking for it to fail.

“Yeah, I just wanted to come here and talk about how I slammed +skill mod successfully, 3 straight times. Then, on the 4th, it failed! Don’t ask me why I slammed it multiple times, after succeeding, I just wanted to find something to post about!”

2 Likes

That’s actually not a bad solution. I think the problem with the system is that it’s in-place, but basically a pipe dream to most. That, and build guides recommending them, and/or streamers using hacked items in their videos. LP was a Pandora’s Box, when you think about it. Once they announced Uniques with 4LP, they became the goal. But it was never announced that the goal wasn’t really meant to be obtained, so people are a bit pissy about it.

3 Likes

The dev blog that introduced legendaries has this in the FAQ section:

I don’t think it has changed since. So we do have a dev confirmation.

2 Likes

That is a skewed perspective.

If some people post screenshots of their account numbers, reaching in the multiple Millions, should everyone expect to have multiple million $US on their account?

Just because some people have these items, or that some people theorize with said items, doesn’t mean they should be common/guaranteed after X hours of play.

Expectations are a path to misery, since some of them will inevitably not be fulfilled.

1 Like

This keeps coming up and I’m not inclined to just say temper your expectations, this is how ARPGs are, etc. I still believe that, but it’s obvious there’s degrees to such statements.

The “build enabling” aspect is strictly the T6 Frost claw affix. That’s it. Twisted heart is there to boost your survivability. But you can and should run with the relic with frost claw affix. There are many build enabling affixes, but rarely are there item slots with both build enabling affixes AND build enabling uniques required.

Also about builds, build planners often put in 4 LP items so that people know which affixes to go after when crafting the exalted item. No one in their right mind would expect a 4 LP red ring to be a requirement. Just that if you have an LP red ring, these are the affixes you should go after.

I personally think the legendary system is awesome. It was a genius idea. However, they need to iterate upon it. I fully expect them to touch up on the system to make it less punishing and still feel rewarding. I think the biggest problem is the finality of it. Meaning, once you slam then the item is done. There’s no LP or forging potential. You get what you get. This is the lowest hanging fruit they can iterate on. It would be nice if the affixes don’t disappear. Make the LP determine how many affixes can be active and let us retry which affixes become active with another layer of crafting. I’m fine if the process is difficult, whether the process is hard or the ingredients to slam again is hard.

2 Likes

Good find! Thanks!

1 Like

This is actually interesting. So you slam all 4 from the get go but based on crafting and other components only, let’s say, 1 show up at first. Then you farm some more. Find a new specific rune or maybe there’s another chase item that lets you unlock, randomly, one of the other 3?

I know it was a spit ball but this intrigues me.

More like this:

• 2 LP unique body armor
  • T7 health, T5 armor, T5 levels to acid flask, T5 acid flask area

You slam the items together. You get the following:

• T5 armor
  • T5 acid flask area

You wanted the other two. In the current system, the item is done. My idea is to have the two affixes above show, while the two affixes that failed are greyed out on the legendary item. You farm for a rare material that lets you reroll the slam. Only two affixes will ever be active, but you can reroll a limited number of times more. That way I still have a chance to get the affixes I want, but it costs me materials, time, and I can only do it a few more times.

4 Likes

Oh, you know that’s also interesting. It’s a little like how Blessings work now so it kind of has a precedent already established. And since there’s been some actually discussion on Blessings eventually creating a system were you can change them without having to re-farm it once you’ve already selected one, it would potentially be even more like that. Similar but different which would thematically tie in. It could even be part of another end game experience. Skies the limit!

1 Like

Some of characters was 70-75 lvl with equip from acts when i enter emp monoliths. My necro changed his T14 off-hand when he was 96. Yes, you don’t need T20.

Buy 4lp unique.
Most of items including 1-2lp uniques costs 0 gold now. If we will reroll or some like that - T7 exalted will cost 0. Now they needs for 1 lp slam. And if you dont need some of affixes from item - buy or get item with more useful affixes.

Because 4 LP items are dime a dozen… And COF players are also players.

Now this is starting to sound like a solution!!

To the clown who said just buy 4LP’s, I can’t say what I really want to say…

1 Like

Oh look, it’s this week’s “Make the best loot in the game easier to get” thread, and it’s the same thing as last week’s, and the week before that, and the week before that. I’ve got bingo.

The Eternity Cache is fine. Legendaries are fluff, prestige, chase items that are not required for anything. They’re hard to get perfectly and they should be. They don’t enable or gate builds, they’re not guaranteed, we’re not entitled to them. If you can’t handle it being hard and time consuming to get the best possible items, don’t play random loot games unless they’re Diablo 4. Or just buy what you want on the Bazaar instead of rolling the RNG faction and complaining that RNG happened.

Just continue whining on the forum, I did not expect an adequate response from a person who does not understand what he is playing.

1 Like