Please, add UI and Text Scaling

I won’t say it’s “unplayable” but it is really not convenient ATM to play Last Epoch on an ultrawide monitor.

Text is small, UI is small, the tooltip is at the bottom right corner of my 49" monitor.
I don’t understand how those options are not in game, it’s not even exclusively about catering to ultrawide players, they are just accessibility options in essence.

After a quick research, I’m a little bit baffled that this was a known issue and that the CEO said in a interview, end of 2022:

" Things like UI scaling is a common request that we are actively looking at. We’re going to continue to make controller support better as time goes on. So with these initiatives that we already have in the pipeline we’ll get to the point where Steam Deck will be naturally supported through those efforts."

I don’t understand how such basic options weren’t made available for 1.0 release ? :frowning:

6 Likes

This addition will be a huge W to Steam Deck players.

2 Likes

Yes please!

This is in my opinion, BY FAR, the most important change they need to implement except server issues, obviously. Only people with perfect eyesight would not agree. But there are ALOT of players with glasses etc. Also it is unplayable on steam deck. It is important to follow items/guides on a phone on youtube when a creator hover over stuff etc.

It is a disaster that this is not implemented yet, and what pisses me off is that Mike have said multiple times on the dev stream that “if it gets requested more often” they might consider it. Even though the forums are full of posts about this.

Excuse me for getting a bit upset, but it’s because of the fact that you guys probably don’t know how far away this change is to become a reality, i speak with them on the dev stream every single friday about this, and they openly shrug it off.
Get it done.

1 Like

Yeah, didn’t try the game on the Deck, but checking people videos seems to perform pretty well (at least on first campaign zones).

1 Like

I hardly can see all the text, including chat. can not beleive they release the game wothout text scalling, not to mention color-blind options.

1 Like

Yes we do need text scaling. It would open a new world for us visually impaired .Its a great game but hard to read. Thank you for your hard work on this game. Were looking forward to what you bring next season.