Performance are getting worse the most I play the game

Hi,

Since a long time now when I play I encounter an issue where my FPS drops when I played a certain period of time.
When I start to play, everything is fine in very high quality, but after some time (like 1 hour), I can see that the game is not running the same way than before. My FPS are starting to lower and it’s getting worse with time.

To solve this, I just need to restart the game.
Since it’s not very annoying to restart in a game like this, I didn’t create any post on this issue.
But the behavior seems to be anormal here.

Let me know if you want to have more details about this.

Regards,
Esthar

le_graphicsmanager.INI (566 Bytes)
Player-prev.log (719.5 KB)
DxDiag.txt (119.6 KB)
Player.log (3.6 MB)

Hey…

You may have read on the forums that LE has performance related issues… even for people with higher end systems and it is not always a good idea to push the beta game settings even if your hardware should be able to support it… Until the devs have time to formally address the performance issues, the recommendation is to be more conservative to have a better performing game for now… Eye candy can come later imho.

From your .ini, I can see a few things that WILL cause problems in LE performance:

1. Running the game in Very High or Ultra settings causes stability problems - it doesnt matter how powerful your hardware is.

2. Using Unlimited framerates causes LE to overload the GPU to 100% usage for no reason and without this limit, you WILL experience bigger fps spikes and the game WILL get unstable and possibly get slower. It will also cause your GPU to run much hotter than it needs to so you may notice that your GPU fans are making a bigger noise than usual.

As you are having problems, I would suggest the following process to find a “good performing” stable configuration for your setup.

Temporarily set your game to 1080p, ALL in-game settings to very low or disabled.
Check your FPS (F11 button for ingame fps) while playing. This will give you a baseline FPS max that your config is capable of with LE.
Check your GPU Usage at this FPS
Your monitor supports 1080p max so leave it there…
Now, increase the in-game graphics settings to Medium or High - dont go higher for the reasons above.
Play and see what the FPS averages out to now…
Check your GPU usage
Now Set the framerate limit (not vsync) to the FPS that you got in the previous step.
Check the GPU usage… if its high then drop the FPS limit until the GPU usage is in a comfortable 70-80% range (or lower if you want it to run cooler).

You should now have a “stable” configuration for your setup - obviously you can then start changing individual settings to your preference (while checking the impact of the change) but if you experience issues, then you should be able to revert back to these stable settings.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.
I tried to put the game on low graphics but the issue still occurs. I start at 140 FPS & after some time the game down to 60 in town & 30 / 40 in monolith of fate.

Regards,
Esthar

Ok…

• You must put a framerate limit on - 140fps is too high if you are already having problems… Have you disabled things like shadows / grass etc?

• Have you verified the game files using Steam?

• What other applications are you running at the same time as you are trying to play LE? Test the game without anything else running. Disable any overlay utilities and just test the game on its own.

• Your dxdiag shows that you are using Overwolf… and its update process is crashing regularly… Is it running when you are trying to play LE?

• Can you monitor your system and watch the CPU & GPU & Memory usage while you play? Can you see if the GPU is maxed out all the time? Is memory usage just going up and up?

• Does this happen on one character or ANY character?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.