Pc crashing

le_graphicsmanager.ini (493 Bytes)
Player-prev.log (1.8 MB)
Player.log (1005.0 KB)
Game just constantly crash my pc, sometimes i can play whole day sometimes it crashes every time i enter some area like with spymaster zerrick i have all settings set on v. low fps limit 25 !!! and it still can crash. I mean my pc i5-2400/8gb ram/rx 580 8gb/win7 doesnt meet minimum requirments but i can play on stable 60fps unless that pc crash happens any way to fix it ?

Hey there… Welcome to the forums…

You are correct that your system is technically lower than the minimum spec (CPU at least), but you should be able to get the game to work to some degree at the absolute lowest settings available. You have to remember that the game is in beta and is unoptimised so everyone has to be conservative right now.

The player.log is not showing any trapped Errors that would show that the game itself caused the crash… i.e. whatever is happening is external to the games own ability to record a crash… The log is showing the normal debug messages that the game generates, and its obvious based on the frequency of some of these logs, the game is struggling.

Your in-game settings are showing that you are using Vsync… this means that the game will use whatever Hz your monitor runs at as the FPS limit… This is potentially a problem when the system cannot really keep up with the monitors framerate and needs to be set lower to improve stability… I would recommend that you enable the FPS limit in game and NOT use vsync… Although your GPU should be able to get to 60fps at very low settings - I am not sure if your CPU is able to process things fast enough to do so - I would recommend that you set this at 30fps just for testing purposes right now.

You havent provided your Dxdiag report output so I cannot see what is happening on your system regarding drivers etc (and windows 7 doesnt have a diagnostic section in the report anyway)… I would recommend that you check your Event viewer and see what is happening when the PC crashes - right now there is no way to tell. As the game isnt logging crashes itself, then you need to look to Windows to provide details on what the cause could be… In situations like this, its usually something like a memory problem, a GPU that is overloaded/overheating or anything else… the Event logs are likely to have more information.

Your description of the problem re things like Spymaster zerrick causing crashes could be related to graphic/processing issues - poison pools and other effects all over the screen are far more resource intensive and will push your hardware…

In addition to the FPS limits, and checking for info in the Event logs, I would also recommend the following:

1. Verify the game files via steam - this is a very important first step whenever anything happens with the game

2. Make sure that your OS is patched and updated as much as it can be on Win 7. Rembmer windows 7 still had Directx separate from the OS so you might want to double check and reinstall any package updates.

3. Make sure you are using a recent (2-3 month old) driver for your GPU…

4. Make sure not to run ANY other applications while playing LE… doesnt matter how irrelevant you might thing they are, just temporarily dont run anything else as a way to test.

I did set fps limit 30 nothing really change when i actually set it on 20 its somehow ,playable".
My amd software was forcing v-sync i did switch it off no results.
I also stress tested my gpu/cpu, tested memory everything seems fine i even played bannerlord in ultra settings 500v500 it was like 5 fps 100% usage but didnt crashed my pc.
DxDiag.txt (38.5 KB)
Guess im gonna just upgrade the pc finally
edit: Event log is just sayin that pc shut down for unknown reason and the second one is ,Event filter with query “SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA “Win32_Processor” AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99” could not be reactivated in namespace “//./root/CIMV2” because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected." not sure if its relevant

Ok… This points to the performance issue - if lowering the FPS lets you play then logically your system is really struggling to meet the minimum requirement that the game is asking of it.

Without knowing exactly how you stress tested, I doubt it was useful other than confirming your hardware is generally Ok… Remember LE is beta and unoptimised so its going to stress out your system far more and has no limits in place - for example, the FPS limit - without it, LE tries to use up every last bit of resource your system has - memory, CPU, GPU etc and it doesnt care if there is nothing left for when it needs to ask for more during busy play moments - it just tries to take it and then your system gives up.

The event viewer message - you can see a possible solutions here and here and and google search results here.

Upgrading your System… well, your GPU is not going to be good for much longer, at least not for AAA type games - it should be ok for things like LE at conservative settings, but with the current worldwide shortage & price hikes is likely to be too expensive to consider upgrading it even if you could get stock of something.

However your could probably upgrade your CPU/Motherboard/RAM/harddrives without breaking the bank right now - not sure how the semiconductor shortage is hitting those component prices for wherever you are… Those items will elevate your system performance dramatically…

And obviously unless you have some privacy/security aversion to upgrading to Win10, I wouldnt keep using Win7… In fact, I’d go Linux rather than stay on Win7 if Win10 was out of the question…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.