Patch 0.9 and Multiplayer Are Coming Next Year

I am very much hoping that party play doesn’t increase EXP/HR. I really don’t like the idea of small groups of people who control the entire economy every season.

They are going to do an offline mode.

2 Likes

Looking forward to experiencing the game with friends. Probably ought to have some of those first though…

I’m very excited for the news, great game btw! :grin:

Preparing for Scale
Launching server-authoritative multiplayer is challenging and we’ve seen teams with greater resources struggle to keep login and gameplay servers operating well when met with demand. We will be scale testing often before releasing multiplayer to the public.

This is what I wanna hear!! So many games have failed miserably when launching because of this exact problem and I’m so glad you’ve addressed this. Sometimes scale cannot be predicted though and we’ll all understand if issues arise, but the fact you’ve acknowledged it at least is a great start <3 All I could hope for is an Australian server but we can make do with Singapore at least lol.

Teaming up will also provide more build options if you want to play a supporting character. You can create builds that aid your allies with buffs and healing spells, taunt and stun enemies on the front lines

If you make tanks and healers viable you will have won my heart like no other game has. The one thing I’ve always wanted in an ARPG is viable supports in multiplayer and it’s a hard thing to get right, but I have complete faith in you guys due to how much you’ve gotten right so far!

Thanks for the update and when multiplayer drops, I’m buying the game for my friends and we will be playing our hearts out haha. Hyped!

4 Likes

I live in Australia so I can relate, Diablo 3 multiplayer was good due to a high enough population in that region however LE might not have anywhere near what D3 had - I used to play occasionally on US servers in groups and didnt care about 150ms - ive played in groups in Path of Exile with 400ms and its horrible but actually playable

In the Druid tree there is Spriggan form skill which has a spell called Vale Blast a physical spell which costs a tiny amount of mana and has no cooldown, theres a node which allows you to target allies and heal them - which I havent tested. A decent Vale Blast build can get respectable damage up to 100k crits on the 5th cast on the dummy and also can have Vale Spirits triggering Vale Blasts so your healing could be potentially broken - 1 heal to full with infinite mana type deal of broken

Are the characters in online play from the local savefiles, or will there be online only play where characters are stored on servers that have anti-cheat measures?

No, the mutliplayer characters will be stored on their servers (otherwise they could be edited).

We have any information about servers locations and/or what can be the ping for
the connections?

This is all we got so far:

This looks great, cant wait for this alongside the missing masteries for acolyte, mage, & rogue!

So…how’s aggro gonna work? We have “Targets Players” for people who run Minion builds (I don’t even know if Decoy overrides that affix :expressionless:), but what about multiple players? Multiple Decoys?

I am excited for the full release.Excuse me for not buying it early access but i made a lot of pre order/early access and was sorely let down.Not to through rocks but “cough cough Cyberpunk”
I am pretty sure this will be great once release.I will wait a few days for reviews and buy it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

One idea for easing in to the full multiplayer launch is to initially prevent grouping on multiplayer servers. That way players could start progressing on the server of their choice without the need to worry about various optimizations or group synergy tuning.

Also, I’m very glad to hear that it is not intended for groups to be inherently more powerful than soloing. I enjoy games that provide the opportunity to group, but I strongly dislike it when I feel like I’m missing out if I don’t group.

1 Like

Excellent! I have a few old Diablo/POE buddies I’d like to introduce to this game, just started a bit ago, got a Primalist BM to like 54 (stuck on Lagon) now Im trying out a Rogue & liking it alot.

1 Like

Cant wait for multiplayer :grin:
Im wondering though, will MP be like you can choose to join public games or form a party with friends from potencially a friendlist of sorts. ore are ther lobbies and matchmaking? are there infos on that already? also how is xp calculated? does everyone get full xp for every mob? is it split? will there be a multiplicator? i feel like if a coordinated party is necessary for the game to not be harder as in solo there should be a benefit of some sorts.
i know, a lot of questions but im genuinely curious :smiley:

There’s no info on any of that yet. Unfortunately.

I’m here

Great!

I wouldn’t mind another progress update to see how it’s all progressing. What challenges and new ideas are coming about as a result of the multiplayer testing? I wonder if the big multiplayer update will be accompanied by another end-game update?

1 Like