Overall feedback about game from arpg veteran standpoint

Who isn’t? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I understand that there are people like you (probably) that enjoy running thesame campaign 15 times, but most of us have more than enough after 2 maybe 3 runs at best. I wouldnt even mention respec in my post if you could just straight up get into arena and level that way, but you cant, cause of skill points you will miss in campaign and idol slots. Also all this are just suggestions and opinions of other people, no need to get salty and make unssessary passive-aggressive comments.

I understand that running the same campaign over and over again can get boring and sometimes I myself would rather level through the arena. You could get the passive points and idol slots at certain levels if you chose to level this way just like they did in the endless delve event in PoE. That would be a nice change of pace.

I didn’t mean to be passive-aggressive, I just wanted to point out that calling one tedious aspect of the game unnecessary (leveling) is the same as calling the other tedious aspect of the game unnecessary (gearing).

1 Like

I definitely agree with this. Playing some Diablo 2 again lately and reminded how different an arpg can play/feel when your decisions matter so much. While I really love LE’s freedom to explore and completely respec without significant penalty as it lets me try out some of the top tier builds I couldn’t have come up with myself, the flip side is if it drifts too much to the easy side it becomes more like D3 and less like D2. I don’t hate D3, but anything that makes decisions feel weighty is a plus in my book.

2 Likes

That is the problem with any aspiring arpg, it needs to be in softspot between way too casual D3 and old school “we make your life harder” D2/PoE. Noone wants D3 clone and we have more than enough D2/PoE clones like Grim Dawn, any D2 standalone like Path of Diablo etc. I would personally prefer if the game offers freedom of choice and quality of life improvements like in D3 but follows rough path if you want to squize 100% from your character and focuses mainly on hard/competetive endgame.
Not being able to respec mastery seems more like punishment to creative players or those trying out niche builds that has high chance of being really bad than giving weight to your choices. Then again, its just my opinion and from reading others i might be in minority with it

2 Likes

Clearly, I totally agree with the op on all points, I enjoyed reading it, you can feel a certain experience.

Afterwards in relation to the discussion, personally I said it on other subject, I have little more of the story and for me the re-specialization remains a punishment in this game.
I like to test even improbable things, even when everyone says it’s impossible I try … But one moment doing the campaign 60 times there is enough, having to do 1 hour of arena or monolyte to learn skills that you have already learned too. Even between 2 passive of the same skill you lose your point, you can’t even just move it.

So yes there are still the guys from the old school to say that it always takes more shit to do the slightest thing, me it pisses me off. Its limits me in my tests and I end up getting more bored of the game than anything else. Because playing the same person in a boring end game in the current state (extremely repetitive) (this will change with the patches but for the moment it’s boring.)
So boring to play a character, boring to test things … It’s tiring. The current system could be good in a finished game, with some knowledge gained. When the End game is complete, and all the skills are known, forced the player to make choices ok that’s normal. In an unfinished game where the goal is to test a lot of things it does not make sense to punish changes like that, for me it is for this that I play a beta, to try all the possibilities. But this is the course of the combatant.

1 Like

Agreed, restricting most aspects of this game is going to kill it for a lot of people. I’ve already decided to quit if levelling stays as tedious as it is now.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.