Online smaller than 1k. Are you okay?

Hello developers. Your game bought by tens of thousands of people but now it has online at 700-900 people. For example: now online in steam 837. It’s very bad. I played this game by 630 hours and i think that i understand why the vast majority of people don’t want to play this game.

1. Crazy random of craft.
    Try to craft the white item with 20-25 forge potential (FP) and in ~90% cases all FP spended by 2-3 tries. The same situation with blue and yellow items. Try to reroll not needed affixes in blue or yellow item and in ~90% cases all FP spended by 3-4 tries. I know that much more chances to craft item wich you need when you craft exalted items but very small drop chance of exalted items with type wich you need and with exalted affixes wich you need and exalted affixes can’t rerolled. After it need much luck to reroll other affixes and up their tier for get what you want. And don’t forget: 1) that sometimes items has bad values of base affixes and need reroll it too, 2) that in this game dropped items for all classes which also makes getting the item you want much more difficult. Try to imagine how much time you need to spend for get at least one item with: type you need + good value of base affix + good values of both suffixes wich you need + good values of both preffixes wich you need + 15+ tier of item. And it’s not perfect item, it’s just minimum for survival at 100+ corrupted monolith. Don’t forget that you need 10 items with 1 hand item and 11 items with 2 hand items. For getting 1 character with full 18-20+ tier of gear you need spend tens of thousands of hours. It’s absurd and it’s very boring.
    Because of this situation in this game there is a constant catastrophic shortage of glyphs of hope which are the main resource for crafting.
    I think for solving this problem need: 1) up drop rates of glyphs of hope very much (more than 10 times) and up chance to spawn glyphs zones of monolith very much too (more than 5 times); or 2) reduce FP costs and up chance to not spend the FP for 70-80% of glyphs of hope; or 3) delete this craft system and create new.
    Every time i tried play this game i have the problem with glyphs of hope. Its are in constant shortage and most often I play with zero count of glyphs of hope. I think this problem will be solved by auction for trade other my items for glyphs of hope but we have no auction in this game.
    At the end i want to say that player very often doesn’t feel any pleasure from this game because very often he does not get any benefit from spending time playing this game. It’s making this game very boring and leads to very little online.

2. Very bad optimization.
    I died in lags very many times but my computer 2 times stronger than system requirements. I know about lock at 60 FPS but sometimes it’s not help. Devs, why do normal optimization in this game for 4 years is so hard for you?

3. Very need auction.
    For example: in d3 don’t need auction because there drop items only for your class but in last epoch drop items for all classes. Need change drop system like in d3 or add auction. Droping for all classes without auction is senselessly.

About void knight problems.

1. Where are void nodes in javelin? We have unique spear trident of the last abyss but have no any void nodes in main skill for spears. Is it joke? Fix it please.

2. Why skill void cleave can’t work with spears? It has cleave animation. Is it impossible to cleave with a spear?

3. Where are nodes for spears in passive tree of void knight and passive trees of sentinel’s void skills?

I really don’t understand why so much discrimination of spears for void knight. Devs are you hate this class?

You forgot one very important thing: Diablo 4 launched… A LOT of people that play LE have swapped to D4. This is normal and expected, so its logical that LE concurrency has dropped. I would not be surprised if there was a recent blip in PoE concurrency too. We all like playing Arpgs and swap often - LE players will be back.

As to your comments: All of them have been discussed in other threads before so there isnt much need to elaborate - the forum search works well. Seriously, there are huge threads on some of the things you are mentioning - crafting, trade etc.

7 Likes

The two points I agree with here are the crafting and the lag. But between the two, the crafting is actually a reason people like the game, not dislike it. For various reasons, people who are addicted to ARPG’s want it to take as long as possible to get anything good. The only thing here that is actually a challenge long term for LE is the lag issue. That does need to be resolved, with tuning to how some of the movement abilities work and how the servers operate. I trust EHG to figure all of this out eventually.

In any case though, I agree with Vapourfire. The player count is down temporarily due to competition. That’s how these things tend to go. Hopefully LE will fix the lag issue and people will wander back and new people will discover the game as it grows.

The reason I don’t play is not craft or lags, it’s lack of new content and better rewards on higher difficulty

5 Likes

It’s always amusing to see people who have clearly never played Path of Exile complain about Last Epoch’s crafting.

Do you just want an item editor?

I think legendary acquisition could use some tuning, but crafting overall is fine.

Because of this situation in this game there is a constant catastrophic shortage of glyphs of hope which are the main resource for crafting.

This is objectively wrong unless you are intentionally not picking them up. I couldn’t run out of them even if I tried.

4 Likes

Don’t dismiss critiques of the crafting this way.

I have played and crafted quite a bit in PoE (admittedly, not mirror tier stuff, but I have done pretty high grade crafts).
While I don’t agree on the comment of glyphs (I am not even remotely close to running out); I agree that there are structural problem in the crafting system itself.

The system is in a weird state where it is simultaneously overly powerful for low tier items, but too weak for high tier items.
This causes players to reach progress too fast at the start of the item progression, but quickly reach a plateau where they have very good items, but the next upgrade is locked behind dozens of hours of farming.

4 Likes

I’ve played a good 620 hours or so. I don’t care for the crafting system, personally. All it actually is, is an item editor that sometimes doesn’t work and breaks your item. It’s significantly worse than an item editor, in that way. The only reason people don’t notice it is because of the psychological tendency for humans to compulsively try again when things fail randomly. This has a name and is very well understood: It’s called “schedules of reinforcement.”

If you have a variable ratio (IE chance of success) and it goes down, you get more motivated instead of less when you fail. The reason why your brain works this way is because it has to. In nature, you wouldn’t find food, shelter or a mate if you gave up the first time you failed. If you understand how this works, it starts to explain all sorts of things people do, many of which are negative. It is, in fact, the reason people gamble.

I have a good reason for mentioning this over and over when this issue comes up: I believe knowing about it dampens the effect. At least it has for me. I avoid most things that involve RNG or variable ratio outcomes, for this reason.

1 Like

I love the crafting. I tried D4 until I felt like I realized there are some soft time gating that turned me away. Viable builds are locked behind “legendary” powers.

1 Like

I’ve picked up 100s, if not 1000s of Exalted items since they were first released. I have used maybe 5 of them. These are supposed to be the “creme de la creme” of items (outside of LP Legendaries). Why have I not used them? Well, getting the affix you really want as T6+ is RNG. Getting the other affixes either a) ones you want/need or b) something you can despair/chaos away is RNG. Actually despairing or chaos’ing them away is RNG. Having the Exalted be on the proper base item is RNG. Having the implicits be good rolls is RNG. Being able to craft the non-Exalted affixes up high enough is RNG. And having all the roll ranges be good is yet another layer of RNG.

For all the comparing people do to PoE, at least there you can craft until Hell freezes over, as long as you can get the currency. In LE, you have maybe 5-7 attempts, tops, to get what you’re after, before you have to start the hunt all over again.

It gets to the point where I just get tired of the disappointment of yet another useless item… there’s always some aspect of it that is wrong, and makes the item basically worthless to me. And, like you said, that gap between finding/crafting “good enough” and “BiS” is SOOOOO huge, and rarely (if ever) gets crossed over.

5 Likes

That’s what I’ve been complaining about in a lot of this. What that really means is that there’s an entire category of loot that is mostly useless and is there mainly to time gate you from finishing your build or that build being viable, whatever the case may be per class / spec / etc.

I realize that’s what a lot, if not a majority, of people want from an ARPG but I just don’t see why. Why would someone buy a piece of software that plays like a treadmill instead of like a game? And how could anyone have enough time on their hands that they need to spend some of it on that treadmill? Maybe I’m an odd bird, but it feels like maybe an ARPG is not really what they need, if that’s what’s going on in their lives.

1 Like

Gotta hard disagree about crafting, its the one system LE has done a great job on. It could use some refinement, but you’d be hard pressed to find another arpg that actually let you do what you want without needing a phd.

2 Likes

A triple-A game from the biggest publisher in the genre just released, and this is a beta you have to pay to take part of, I’m sure the problem is whatever nonsense you’ve come up with.

2 Likes

Tier 7 is not the “creme-de-la-creme” if the affixes don’t make sense.

If you’re playing a solo self found Sorcerer, and picking up staffs with tier 7 necrotic damage and tier 7 increased Elemental damage, then that’s just you not utilizing the absolutely AMAZING loot filter in this game.

And to the OP… You can’t have white and blue items drop with high forge potential.

Why?

Because they are common, and by level 10 you’d have a full tier 5 set. Come on man… THINK ABOUT IT.

and… AND… items don’t break. So this tells me you posted this feedback based on your past experience in the game and haven’t played it recently.

2 Likes

“We can’t let the player have too much fun” is not the defense that you think it is.

Especially when true end-game power only comes from Exalted drops, which cannot be crafted.

This was pretty much expected as numbers. Just ask yourself.
Can you make this your main game and play it for years to come?
Now a secondary, can you play it for 1 month straight?
Now a third one, can you play it for 10 days straight?

If answer number one is “Yes”. You’re heavily biased/new to rgps/or just very bored at life.
If answer number two is “Yes”. Well that probably was a very “monolithically” boring month for you.
If answer number three is “Yes”. You probably had a lot of fun.

Now you know why the result online leads to it.

1 Like

The op wants whites and blues to have higher forge rating.

If you can’t see why that would completely break this game, then we are at an impasse.

2 Likes

Remember when busted equipment had that cracked broken portrait back in the day? God it was so ugly, a constant reminder of what could have been.

2 Likes

Yeah I didn’t like it. I"m very happy w/ the new method.

You could actually lose progress on an item and basically turn it into vendor/shatter fodder.

I had some very unpleasant experiences with that system.

1 Like

We had it before and it didn’t completely break this game. The hysterical, hyperbolic doomsaying about every request is what will keep this game from reaching its potential.

AMG, any change to crafting will turn it into an item editor!!!
AMG, shard auto-pickup will turn the game into a walking simulator!!!
AMG, any skills with autocast will turn the game into a walking simulator!!!
AMG, trade will turn the game into a RMT simulator!!!

2 Likes

Items break in the sense that they don’t finish upgrading, and become useless in the process, usually. Not precise terminology, but it’s certain you know what they / I mean by it.

1 Like