Online Play Unavailable

I can currently log in no problem and I get my list of characters. When I select one of my online characters to play it attempts to connect for a moment and then displays a dialog that online play is currently unavailable and if the problem persists to contact technical support, so here I am. It does this will all of my online characters.

1 Like

By the way it’s literally this issue except I’m on 0.9.2m which I believe is the latest version.

Yeah I’m having the same issue, last patch note says 0.9.2L and the installed version is 0.9.2M. Is just such an odd issue I can get into the game and log in but I just can’t get on a server at all.

I haven’t been on in a few months, and am currently dealing with this same issue since yesterday. Logs in fine, but attempt to get in game with any of my characters and “Online Play Unavailable” pops up. Attempting reinstall to see if that sorts, however I’ve already verified file integrity so I do not believe it will work.

Tried playing online today, 01/12/2024 and the issue still exists. :frowning:

I just purchased the game yesterday and I am having the same error. I"m able to create online characters but after the intro movie for the class the game crashes and continues to crash if I try to load an online characater. I created an offline character and it worked fine. I’ve tried verifying game files, uninstall/reinstalling, clearing steam download cache, deleting the graphics ini file, tried different online servers. The only troubleshooting step I couldn’t try from reading previous forum past was installing on a HDD because I don’t have one on my laptop. I submitted a support ticket and hope they can resolve the issue, but if not I guess this is a textbook example for a refund request.

I have the same problem. I try to enter game and just get a popup saying “Online Unavailable”. How is this acceptable?

I had the same problem by connecting to the West coast server, which is the one with the shortest ping latency. But I was able to logon my character by connecting to the east coast server.

Was able to confirm the issue with with the routing to the server through my ISP. When I switched to my mobile hotspot or a VPN I was able to connect to an online character without issue. Not really the greatest solution, so hopefully this gets sorted out but may need to reach out to my ISP to open a trouble with them.

Try to disable your firewall and test it again. I think the reason could be that the firewall blocks incoming p2p traffic.

I’m curious who your isp is? I have 2 internet connections in my house and I have connection issues with my Fiber (Lumos), but on my Xfinity cable line I have no issues. I use the Fiber line exclusively for my personal and work computers while the rest of the house uses the cable.

I have a small local provider, with a real IPv4 address.
Now, as I write these lines, I got another idea. It could also be, that you have a dual stack connection, with carrier grade nat. In that case you can reach everything in the internet by an IPv4 address, but nobody is able to reach you. Because it is blocked by your provider. You could test this, by setting up a VPN connection from your smartphone to your router. Maybe it is enough to ping your external IP address, but not sure.
If you have 2 different providers, the problem is obvious. Normally, there is nothing blocked by a provider on an enterprise connection. So, I think, that your “private” ISP is the fiber connection, isn’t it?

Yes my Fiber company is also a small company, local to my area in VA and parts of NC. I actually use a lot of upload while working so it was perfect. I have 0 issues with any other game while using the fiber connection, only LE (I’ve also ruled out my router by attempting to be connected straight to my ONT). While it’s not a perfect solution I know I can literally switch my ethernet cable at any time and be on my Xfinity connection. I have no idea how to approach calling them and saying hey I can’t connect to this, especially without any ip information.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.