One-shot and Lost Caches | Coming in Runes of Power

"“Have you ever thought to yourself “I love exploring, but sometimes I wish there was something to find” I would say that would be a right one I like your previous update with exile mage, experimental items and crafting but 2 chests I think that is the most simplest of the simplest content you could possibly implement I have expected a lot more for one shot and lost caches, increasing mob density that is really nice, why not put that modifier in to the echoes, I dont know how is it in regards to performance but to have 10 monsters and now with increase in density to have 11 I mean its not of a difference really

Adding more player spawn points (again) is definitely helpful for making monoliths a little bit less mindless. However by reducing dead ends, you just make them more mindless by a suignificantly larger factor.

This feels like you don’t really know what you want from monoliths, we should either have to learn the layouts to avoid dead ends etc… and need to think a little bit going through them at worst, at best them not be mindless in the slightest.

Or we should be able to not think and just zoom through without paying any attention.

I honestly don’t know what you want monoliths to be with this post, it could go either way.

1 Like

They not only increased mob density, but also adjusted mob spawns, so that mob packs will be better placed.

yep we will see I hope it is noticable couse that really is something to look forward to

This all looks cool and great but my question is why are you all showcasing a tempest strike shaman build in the middle video…? Anything you want to share?!

Quick note: We changed out the image of the Personal Item as the previous one had a bug where part of its name was not displaying correctly.

2 Likes

Like grim dawn nice.

Petition to change the name of One Shot Chest to YOLO chest. Please sign.

3 Likes

So putting the caches out of the way will incentivize third party map hacks. The only ways around this, that come to mind, are to either not put them out of the way or don’t let the client know they exist until the player can see them on the minimap.

Chests with just loot is a bit boring, we already have echo chests with semi-determined loot. Maybe they should have various effects and spawn some strong monsters from the box? Anyway, alongside with Exiled rogue mage essences, a good start. Looking forward for more echo content diversity in the future.
Do you plan something like a POE atlas skill tree to improve these random events? Make them more common and rewarding? An easy temporary solution would be adding a new mono with appropriate blessings.
More density is more packs or denser packs? Mainly large distance between packs and backtracking made echos feel empty sometimes. Anyhow, both are addressed, so this is a big improvement.
Wish you a successful patch without any rising server flames.

And again, no changes to the shaman. This is very unfortunate. A lot of little things added to the game is good, but a whole class with big problems that are ignored is bad.

1 Like

Lost caches state not every echo has one, I assume rune prisons are the same? it wasnt as clearly stated in the last news post.

Edit: Also just some semantics from my end, why are these items “Rare” they feature no forging potential, they feature no crafting, and they have their own special affixes you cant get any other way. Why are they simply not uniques with inability to obtain LP similar to gamblers fallacy or avarice

2 Likes

If the crates isn’t on “roads” gl for me bc exploring is pretty meh when is basic as go from point A to B to kill some enemies or to change zone.

The “rogue exile” content + the crates make monolyth diferent of each other but i hope some day clearing a map will be beneficious bc rn you have zero to not kill only the needed monster to end a mono rn

But that is the entire point of both of these new additions. To add something to make it “not meh” exploring.

If those chests are sufficient, that is another discussion to be had, after we have some hands on experience with them, but anyway, this is a step into the right direction.

2 Likes

One-shot caches?

Someone on the team likes Grim Dawn :slight_smile:
Can’t say I blame them.

1 Like

Let’s wait until the actual patch notes drop in, shall we? :slight_smile:

Only in hardcore mode

Hell yes

God LE has evolved so much from the first alpha, its truly impressive. This patch is an absolute fuckin banger, cant wait!

I never really felt the maps needed to be fully explored. I just thought they would add stuff you’d discover naturally like Vaal side areas in POE or maps within maps. I definitely don’t think full map exploration should be a priority.