Offline Mode

Just throwing in another voice for the “please have a fully offline mode”. Waiting to buy if/when we get confirmation on that :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Reading this reminds me of the How can you wake up dead scene in Scary movie 3…lol

1 Like

It is already confirmed, it is just not completely implemented.

Currently you need to sign in everytime you start the game, but after that the game is basically offline already.

Not sure when the login requirement will be lifted.

2 Likes

So they are gonna lift login req? That would be amazing!! Have u heard something like that from the devs?

1 Like

For the offline mode, yes, as has been said many, many times…

1 Like

It’s confirmed since the kickstarter campaign

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. Got the game, cheers.

We still don’t know how much or how little online interaction the Offline mode of the game will require. Until we do, I’m afraid this statement is not entirely accurate.

Even the most recent information suggests this stuff is very much in flux at the moment, from the various developer statements I’ve listed in this thread.

The most recent being from Judd during the May 20th AMA:

My question is - Will LE be playable offline? And if yes, how will that work with mtx? I dont mind having to connect every now and then but being unable to play to bad connection is a great turn off for me.

Hey! We are exploring ways to verify cosmetic ownership in single player but it would require a request to the server. We’ll have more information on that in the near future as it’s something we’re exploring now.

It’s impossible to say that there will be a 100% offline mode with the limited information we have right now. Until EHG has all the details figured out for how offline functionality will occur at launch, we just don’t know for certain.

1 Like

If the offline mode still will require a online login, it is no offline mode.
And offline mode was something already planned in the kickstarter campaign.

I really doubt they would implement a so called “offline mode”, where you still need to have some for of internet connection.

Stuff like MTX and such obviously are just details that really don’t matter here, since the base feature is the important thing.

2 Likes

Yes, but plans sometimes change and realities start to kick in once you actually go to implement these things. What I’m saying is that if the dev’s don’t currently know how much or little or if any online connectivity will be needed or required for the offline mode then how can we know?

From the Judd quote, it seems they will matter to the offline mode as well and, as such, will require some form of online interaction for verification. It’s also a fairly important feature, in regards to the games long-term business growth.

@Vekongnitoo I’m not a seaman but do go on vessels for extended periods of time semi-frequently. And I’ve been able to play lots of different games that colleagues told me were impossible to start offshore. Can you elaborate on what type of internet infrastructure you have access to? I may have some tips that would allow you to play without much hassle.

Must…resist…the urge…to make a corny joke…ok, I’m good now. I have past the test and can travel on my way.

Full offline mode sounds great to me. I’m in Florida and I get some crazy winds that leave me without power time to time.

1 Like

Exactly

Thank u for your interest in helping complete stranger, I love that trait in people. Im on tanker vessel, the thing is i do not know internet provider since this is company the thing is it is amazing money, but very bad conditions of life. Internet for sure comes with limitations from the provider or from the company that part i do not know. But if u know and u are willing to share how to bypass those limitations i would be very great full. Cheers from Croatia

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.