Offline Mode

The answer was in chat so it’s not something that Andrew’s awesome summary is going to bring up. All I remember was that I replied that the devs intended there to be an offline mode & that Stanz (I think) replied to the OP with the same answer. Then we just get back to post #16 in this thread…

Those quotes are by no means definitively saying that an offline-only mode won’t exist at launch. Like others have said, I’d probably wait further into development when the developers have figured out exactly what they’re going to do with the offline mode, as the precise answer appears to be in flux at the moment.

1 Like

I would like to emphatize that I answered in the very first response to the OP. Just sayin’.

1 Like

But I answered yesterday, just sayin’. :wink:

Guys who are just sayin’ are brilliant! :grin:

1 Like

Where’s the down vote button???

:-1::broken_heart:

I’m sure you didn’t mean it and were just sayin’

1 Like

I just wanted to add a small update to this, as I’m transcribing the latest dev stream, I can attest to what others here have said throughout…that Stanzwar commented about this topic to you. In those statements he said;

How you play now will also be possible when we have online multiplayer.

Which was soon followed by:

We’re discussing options internally. :smile: Don’t worry, we think about players like you. Right now we’re just heavily focused on trying to get it all together.

So not really a different answer than what’s already been provided – that the definitive answer to this question is still in flux – but it essentially reaffirms that is currently the case. Unfortunately, we’ll just have to wait and see what that final decision is at a later date. Though it’s fairly clear that the potential for a 100% offline-only version of Last Epoch is not yet off the table and is still a consideration.

3 Likes

I do not own the game right now so i would like to ask a question what is the situation right now, u have to login and after that is it possible not to have internet to play the game? How long do u stay login until u exit the game?

You login then you play offline, except that you are in an online chat. It’s kind of a mixed situation.

So basically if u dont want to chat u can switch internet off?

I can’t say. I have not tried and I can’t tell, sorry.

So right now you have to be connected to the internet when you start the game to authenticate with EHG servers (so login). Once you’ve entered the game world – so you’ve logged in and selected your character – you no longer need an internet connection. The game will operate and save as normal, though you obviously won’t have access to the in-game chat.

As long as you don’t return to the character selection screen you can play for as long as you wish without an internet connection. Returning to the character selection screen without an internet connection will keep you at that screen. You can’t return to the game world until you’ve logged back in – which, currently, requires you to restart the game as there is no option to return to the login prompt from the character selection screen.

Though, if you return to the character selection screen with an internet connection then you can select your character and proceed back into the game world where you can again disconnect from the internet and play as normal.

4 Likes

thank u so much for your answer, sad to say i would call that online mode :frowning:

2 Likes

No idea :roll_eyes:

Also I wonder how an Offline-Client would work with their cosmetic system.

I just wish they would make it like Diablo 2. In its core a offline game but for ladders and stuff make something like Closed Battlenet.

1 Like

Was this really posted on stream couse i didnt see it? I still bought the game, i couldnt resist and im loving it, would do anything for an proper offline mode since im going on ship in 2 months. If there was no Covid i probably wouldnt but now is perfect situation to be a gamer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You could always do a text search of the threads that Andrew compiles with the transcriptions of the streams.

1 Like

Yes, those remarks were taken from the viewer chat section of the April 2nd Twitch stream. Stanzwar replied directly to you with those statements. I don’t usually capture the developer comments during the streams in my transcriptions, but I was a bit more observant during that stream because I had read this thread beforehand.

Unfortunately, that stream doesn’t exist anymore on Twitch to back me up so you’ll just have to take my word for it…I guess. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Lol i trust u and thank u for replying, where was i looking i really didnt see it

1 Like