Notice: Hardcore Character Issue

Please please please fix temporal dungeon disconnect issues. I not only dc after dying, but I dc every time I enter a new join in the temporal dungeon. Please.

Everything wiped. 50 hours down the drain. If you can restore data then all is forgiven, stuff happens. But if not, I have no words. How does something like this happen? Why isnā€™t their a system in place to, at the very least, to allow the restoration of data after a delete? As software engineer myself every database Iā€™ve ever handled has always had any row updates/deletions cached such that they could be reverted in the event of an issue. This is pretty basic stuff. Worst thing you could have happen is your customers data being irreparably lost.

Was really looking forward to this game but if youā€™re unable to restore data then Iā€™m not about to invest another 50 hours leveling a new character knowing thereā€™s a chance this could happen again.

Character: ā€œSBVoleleā€

Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

I just want to add myself on the list of people that would need a restore of data, I have not played since the HC character died, so restoring to the point just before hand is ok with me if it restores all the stash that was built up while playing my other 2 level 58+ characters. Really donā€™t want to lose the items I spent so much time getting.

1 Like

Hardcore - 0 deaths - lost all stash-inv-materials-gold (i still have my equipment equipped) after the patch yesterday. It clearly has nothing to do with characters dying and everything to do with whatever that patch yesterday changed. I only have a couple hours on it so iā€™m not even salty about it but do i make a new hardcore and everything will be alright on there? Or will a potential rollback patch mess that character up too.

Update 03:13pm CST:

From investigation, the issue appears to be deaths of hardcore characters are resetting the Standard stash data (stash, gold, crafting materials, and faction information). This does appear to be affecting both online and offline game modes, however does not cross over between Legacy and Cycle. (Hardcore Character death on Cycle does not effect Legacy stashes).

We are continuing to investigate and are working on pushing out a fix for this ASAP. We will have further updates within another 60 minutes.

People in game, on reddit, in discord and this post even are reporting the issue is still happening and even without a HC character death.

This isnā€™t goodā€¦ this could be a massive issue.

The issue is still here today my gold/stash are still gone and not restored. Iā€™m personally not playing until it is, in case it happens again.

Iā€™ve never played a HC character so i donā€™t think it was related to that.

But to add my piece to the bug : I was playing a SCF character and wanted to reuse the same name so i deleted this character and made a new one. My fresh character had the stash/gold/reputation from the old one and i donā€™t think itā€™s supposed to be the case as it was SCF as well. So maybe itā€™s related to the names. Anyway i reported that bug and kept playing until the patch yesterday which made everything disappear even my newly acquired stuff.

yeah all my HC characterā€™s is gone, gj EHG

just imagine just as you hit the weekend, you do pull this kind of stuff

My character looks naked on the character screen, but no player characters (including my own) even show up after logging in. My faction progress has been reset and I am now prompted to choose a faction when opening the faction screen. Asia SE.

Well, I lost 100 hours of gameplay yesterday cause I made a naked hardcore character die.
Didnā€™t play since then and I donā€™t intend to if my stuff isnā€™t restaured

1 Like

Well Im too concerned by this bug ā€¦ lost everything ā€¦

My character was demoted from HS SCF to SCF and lost all stash tabs and materials WITHOUT DYING - just by logging in after updating. This was also reported by numerous other players in these forums and on Discord.
So your communicated analysis is clearly incorrect. Itā€™s one thing when an update introduces a game-breaking bug but an entirely different thing to ignore bug reports and misinform the community. VERY disappointing!

Lost almost 50 hours of progress, hope they restore the data or I guess I go back to POEā€¦
You would think a game leaving years of early access would not have these game breaking bugs.

1 Like

I am one of the few Affected. Died on an HC and Stash was Wiped. Tried figuring out what caused it and created another HC to die with to see if that fixes it. obviously didnā€™t. Now I am scared that this will prevent it from beeing restored.
I really hope you are able to fix this, since this is the worst possible bug I can imagine.

Btw I am amazed how well you handled communication of the progress with the bug, I find solace in the knowledge that an amazing team is working on the issue

1 Like

I got my first character to level 68 or so. Decided to create a new HC char which died due to a lag spike. Fair enough it happens, then I found out about this issue. Logged into my main account and all the stashes were indeed reset/gone.

So now I canā€™t play until itā€™s restored. If it canā€™t restored then some gift of weapons/gear, credits for lost stashes and other things people will be holding onto will be needed.

1 Like

Decided to play on HC yesterday without thinking about what might happen. . . .
Hopefully 80 hours of play wonā€™t go to waste.

1 Like

Like Iā€™ve said for days now. The foundational systems of this game arenā€™t working as they should. These player save data issues are just the tip of the iceberg. You can tell by frame rate dropping 30% when comparing items, 0.5-1 sec freeze when picking up shards, how health bars disappear, how player death state can randomly trigger when changing zone etc. etc. Also there seems to be both ram and vram leaks. If they keep building on this quicksand instead of refactoring and reworking core code and systems it will be a death sentence.

2 Likes

Yup happend to my stash aswell, made a forum post for more info if needed to restore whenever, if were lucky

1 Like

Am also affected by this. Died with a HC character yesterday and now whole softcore stash has been wiped.

1 Like

Same here, totally wiped all my normal progress (stash, faction, shards, gold) once I died in hardcore.

My main is level 82, I have a hundred hours of play, I had dozens of tabs worth of good items.

Thereā€™s NO WAY Iā€™m starting over again. Iā€™d rather have a rollback and not play for a week.

Also, Iā€™m sorry but, this kinda eroded my trust in the game. How the hell do you not quadruple check something so important and game breaking? When fricking trainwreck-Wolcen ALREADY HAD A STASH ISSUE.

I donā€™t understandā€¦

3 Likes

Hello, I have the same problem, my HC and Solo CF lost gold, stashes, crafting materialsā€¦ without dying. I hope you can find a solution to the problem soon. Greetings.