Not launching after patch 0.8.3d

After all the checking version integrity lopped a couple of times I installed a fresh copy. (Uninstalled, reinstalled).

Now it loads to completion but fails to launch the game after hitting Laucnh.

Just loads for a bit, launcher shuts down, windows loads for a bit, then nothing happens.

*Updated graphics drivers, still the same.

*Added exception for it in my firewall.

*Tried disabling firewall to see if it runs, nope.

Hey…

Any chance you can include your player.log file?

It might have something that could explain what is happening.

Player.log (10 Bytes)
output_log.txt (1.1 MB)

Thank you for responding. Appreciate it.

That has to be the funniest and most useful player.log I have ever seen…

Sarcasm aside, seriously tho, the normal player logs have a LOT more debug info in them - its only 10 bytes and virtually empty - thats just downright odd… Can you check your player.log and the prev version to see if they actually contain any info? Right now it offers me nothing to work from…

The output log from the launcher shows that its struggling with the file verification with Event file_verification_failed has been sent! … If you look at the datetimestamps in the end of the log - can you confirm if this is before or after you did the reinstall… If its after the reinstall, then I think there is still a problem with the game files and its likely not installed properly…

If you try and start the game without the launcher by running the LastEpoch.exe in the install folder - maybe your issue is a problem with the launcher itself and not the game…

Tried running LastEpoch.exe, same thing.

That’s the logs I have, don’t have anything else, unless there is one in another place. Problems with verification started after the patch, then I uninstalled/reinstalled.

Read that the files might be in quarantine. So I deleted everything and reinstalled.

Had no clue that my chars were saved locally either yaaaay.

*Roflmao didn’t even read the log until you wrote that. Ye that’s very useful.

Hmm…

Damn… this one is very odd… They did make a change in the recent hotfix for the standalone player - login credentials not being saved between sessions… but I dont recall them makig a hotfix that could potentially be related to your issue…

Looking at firewalling and quarantine was a good idea too… some people have had odd issues with login timeouts & updates that took forever for no apparent reason and firewalling/networking seems to have been involved.

Locally saved chars… .yip… until multiplayer with server authoritative savegames - everything is local… when the game launches we will have both options local offline & server online chars - entirely separate from each other…

Player.log… :wink: very useful…

Any chance you can sift through your event viewer/view reliability history and see if there is anything happening when LE doesnt launch… any kind of error message that could allude to the problem…

Could you post your DXDIAG output report? Maybe something there can lead us down the correct garden path…

Can you test via Steam? Steam account linking can be done here:

https://lastepoch.com/player/account/overview

Through steam it worked, fml, I really don’t like having my games on steam. Am I locked to this forever now?

Thank you for all the help @vapourfire appreciate you taking your time to help and explain stuff.

Hey there. Glad the steam version is working… At least you will be able to continue playing…

Seems like there is a problem with the standalone player or its updating process… I would try it again after the next patch (or two) - just test and see how it goes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.