No graphics in the character screen

For a while, I’ve had a problem with the game displaying nothing but 3D assets in the character screen and appearing purple. There are no textures, and little to no shaders or anything else. It doesn’t affect gameplay as that appears normal - it’s just the character screen. Despite the lack of graphics, everything otherwise seems functional. Here’s a screenshot of the problem I’m facing.

I’ve had this issue for a rather long time. It seems to only affect the character screen, regardless of whether or not I have character saves or not. It has persisted across distribution changes as well as kernel and graphics driver updates (as well as a myriad of other software changes).

I have tried changing graphics settings within the game as well as checking my NVIDIA X Server Settings to see if that made any difference but it has not. I may have to go back into the X Server Settings application to double check, but as I recall nothing has really made a difference.

Here are my specifications:

• Game version Beta 0.8.5F, Linux-native, downloaded and run through Steam
  • Zorin OS 16.2, Ubuntu-based
  • Kernel is 5.19.15-xanmod1
  • NVIDIA driver 520.56.06
  • GNOME desktop environment
  • Mutter window manager
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (not Ti/Super)
  • Complete Steam hardware readout on Pastebin

This is a known issue (pretty old now) for anyone playing on Linux only. It has nothing to do with your setup - its a problem with the game confirmed by the devs.

It hasnt been a high priority with everything else happening but we (those of us who have know about it) are hoping it will be fixed as part of the update to 0.9 in March.

Thanks for letting me know. It doesn’t stop me from playing, so I’ll not worry about it for now, then.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.