No characters can be selected on the character selection screen after latest patch

As the title says, here is a screenshot of the said issue

Just patched the game today after picking it up at PAX East and am faced with the same issue. Just figured I’d chime in that you aren’t alone!

Edit: I’m very sorry; it’s 3:30 am here and I misread your post.

We’re investigating this issue now.

Could I please ask for log files?

https://support.lastepochgame.com/article/39-the-games-log-file

Hello,

I can understand that. I think the problem is, at least in my case, that I am unable to create a character at all after the first time launching the game. (Just supported at PAX East this week)

It merely shows the above screen with no ability to select a class.

I’m not sure if I am just missing the obvious or if its some other kind of issue. Either way thanks for responding.

No problem at all. Updated with an output log. Currently trying to reinstall to see if it solves the problem.

output_log.txt (562.6 KB)

Thanks! These files help us a lot.

New player here and have the same problem. Sent a log file to the support site. Was not able to attach it to this message.

Hi,

Same problem here. I was able to select a character once, then i died in HC Masochist and i can’t select one anymore.

Here the log of the Last Epoch folder : output_log.txt (12.9 KB)

Here the log of the LastEpochLauncher folder : output_log.txt (531.3 KB)

Hope it helps

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say thank you for the log files.

We continue to investigate this and correcting it is the team’s top priority.

Hey Sarno, sorry for the late reply. I have fixed this issue by reinstalling the game, but because of the reinstall I had to delete all of the files so I have no output log to give you.

No apology necessary!

That’s very helpful, thank you.

So, i just updated my game and the log screen opens, it appears the phrase select a class, but it doesn’t show me the classes to select one, so i can’t enter the game and play
[Uploading: image.png…]

It would be very helpful to know whether reinstalling fixes the issue for other people.

We’ve been looking into this but we’re quite tired currently and we haven’t found a definitive lead yet. Myself or one of my colleagues will be sure to post here if there’s an update.

Brand new backer here, I’m currently also experiencing the bugged main screen with no ability to select a class and or play the game.

I tried reinstalling with no luck

Try to delete the folder Last Epoch in (User)\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games
Then relaunch via the launcher. Seems to work for me.

Also, bug occurs when i have only one HC character created and he died. No bug when i first create a SC character, then leave and create a HC character. In this case, even when dying, i can create new characters.

This ended up working for me, thank you so much

I’ll report back again if the problem persists

Chiming back in, after following the suggestion to delete the folder at “(User)\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games”, the option to create a character appeared and seemed to resolve the issue.

Highly recommend people try it for themselves if they also have the problem.

Some kind of issue with the local side files I would guess? Good luck tracking the root of the issue but at least for now we have a work around, cheers for finding it!

We’ve now managed to reproduce this issue in editor so we should be able to put out a patch with a fix before too long.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

This has now been fixed internally. We’ll patch soon.

Thanks guys !!!