New Sentinel's Skill Coming in Patch 0.8.3 - Void Cleave

Hmm so the skill has void and physical base damage but only the physical will convert to fire for the skill. Interesting. An aside not necessarily about this skill, it would be nice to see more straight up (all inclusive) damage conversions for skill’s nodes in the future. Just my opinion

1 Like

Yes. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Llama8 your having way to much influence.

As for time rot. Why 12 stacks? Are other dots going to be limited this way in the future? Seems like a weird number

Erasing strike, abyssal echoes, and void cleave all having mana cost. Seems expensive, curious what other changes we will see to offset that.

3 Likes

Quite a few :slight_smile:

3 Likes

While i really like, that LE’s ailment system is really unique, i think having more different ailment, that behave differently is the right call.

I really hope that all the other basic ailments we already know stay, but some of the more “advanced” ailments, like Damned or Time Rot get some special mechanic, so they either don’t stack at all, but still can do significant damage or do have a stack limit.

They already implemented Doom, which is really nice.

1 Like

We wanted to keep the increased stun duration under control, but it does deal more damage than before.

6 Likes

That makes alot of sense actually. Forgot about stun, typical dps mindset here :confused: lol

1 Like

I actually like skills like this one. Having a cooldown gives an incentive to re-position instead of holding one button down.

Requires a 2-handed sword or axe.

You misspelled “Requires Dreamthorn”.

:purple_heart:

3 Likes

While Dreamthorn is awesome for leveling, the new Hollow Blade base Type is superior.

Of course the block on the unique is awesome, for some bruiser playstyle, but Hollow Blade is insane.

4 Likes

True, Hollow Blades are pretty great. I’ve wondered where the break even point is for the massive Void Penetration Dreamthorn’s got on it, though.

Does this mean Trident of the Last Abyss will be less of a disappointment? :frowning:

1 Like

I know this is probably a long shot, but will this skill have any interactional benefits, or synergy with manifest armor, or forge weapons?

The synergy it has with its own name is sort of vanishing with this change. “Time Rot” sounds like a DoT yes, but one that impacts the enemies speed in some way. Time rotting around you doesn’t really scream “you’re stunned a bit longer, if you’re stunned that is” as much as it would reverberate well with a slow that stacked (like 2% per stack even) and/or an attack speed debuff (that stacked in a similar way).

“Time” Rot without some impact on time, and again increasing the stun duration isn’t quite hitting the spot, since you would have to somehow stun the enemy, and then what is it’s correlation to the name? Time, which is literally rotting (apparently), only shows any side effects of this if you get bonked in the head? No no no. The ailment must do it’s own thing, contained and active without another ability or interaction required. Without that, you could call it really, anything you wanted, and it wouldn’t matter much. “Void Rot”, “Void Fatigue”, “Purple Haze (personal favorite)”, or even just “Headache” among many others would work fine, negating its name.

Time Rot as a speed debuff makes too much sense to change. Adding a DoT makes a lot of sense also, a lot more than the removal of the interaction with timing. Even if the ailment had “X% chance to Stun per Second per Stack” would make tons more sense than simply having it increase the duration of another specifically hit based interaction you may not even utilize.

Any pen above 20 is when the regression hits at a 2.4x rate. So you are losing essentially half of the Dreamthorn’s effectiveness with 40. I have a dual T6 void dam and % hollow blade ready to go!

1 Like

Could you explain a bit more about penetration? What do you mean by regression hits at 2.4x rate?

A simple chart that can explain how its calculated. The rate of the more value regresses or gets less effective from the 20 pen to the 40 pen in the case of the dreamthorn 2h sword. For a level 75 area. (Edit for clarification)

DMG PEN DR ACT More
100 0 75 25
100 10 75 35 1.4
100 20 75 45 1.285714286
100 30 75 55 1.222222222
100 40 75 65 1.181818182
3 Likes

Neat!

I’ve got a T6 added void / T5 melee % gathering dust, myself. I’m looking forward to breaking it out for this.

yea, it will be nice to experiment with. I see it working in a couple of ways but until I see the whole tree I am still kind of meh on it.

1 Like

While I appreciate the effort to show that alot of stats have diminishing return, you have a major flaw in your table.

Enemies have 0 resistance, which makes weaker, but gives it way less diminishing return.

Not on a desktop right now, but, with the numbers you presented the table would look like this: