New Runes and Glyphs for the New Post-0.8.4 Crafting System

So, I know the new 0.8.4 Crafting System is super new and people still have to getting used to it and it really needs to settle.

I also know, that there is still a lot of ongoing discussion and I hope all of my following suggestions don’t get drowned in, the ongoing other discussiosn about the system, because I really like how many new different strategies the new systems offers.

I am here to suggest some more chase crafting materials for different situations.
I think the FP System is very well designed and you can implement a lot of powerful things, without making them unbalanced.

And tweaking numbers is very easy in the new system.

Now to some of my suggestions:

New Runes

• Rune Of Transference - Transfers Affixes from Item A to Item B, both Items need to have FP left and have 0 FP after the process (similar rarity of Rune Of Creation). This could include sealed affixes, but maybe not.

• Greater Rune(s) Of Removal - Let’s you choose to remove a random prefix or suffix (either select prefixes or suffixes, or make two different versions of this rune for prefix and suffix repsectively). The cost of this should be higher than the regular 1-25 FP for the regular RoR, either increase the maximum range or raise the minimum FP cost to 5 or 10, so it’s 5-25 or 10-25 for example

• Glyph Of Greater Discovery - Can only be used in conjunction with a Rune Of Discovery. Every affix added to an empty affix slots gets randomly raised to Tier 4 or 5 (this will make it mroe of a gamble, because you have less re-roll chances, but have a lot of FP left for Runes of Shaping/Refinement if they affixes are good). While not being as chase as some other crafting materials, I think this is a excellent gamble for 1-2 affix magic items, that already have desired affixes, but to low FP.

New Glyphs

• Glyph Of Foresight - Guarantees a critical success (heavily favouring the crafted affix to be critted, if applicable, even more than that is already the case, otherwise crits other affixes), but sets FP to 0

• Glyph Of Memory - Can only be used on non-T5 affixes. Changes an affix to a selected affix (respecting prefix and suffix) at the cost aof X Number of Affix Shards (I would say depending on the rarity of the selected shards like 10-100 shards?; 10-30 for Skill Affix Shards and like 100 for regualr affix shards?)

• Glyph Of Balance - Can only be used on 4 affix items. The next affix upgrade does increase the tier of the crafted affix by 2, but reduces a random affix on the Item by 1 Tier.

There are a few more ideas, I’ll might share in the future, but for now this is it.
Remember, all of these (except maybe the Glyph Of Greater Discovery) should be fairly rare and considered “chase”.

But tweaking numbers like drop rate, FP Cost and giving them special rules, like “only applicable to 4 affix items” or "sets FP to 0 after the craft) can make all of them pretty balanced IMO.

What do you guys think?

2 Likes

Like Transference - would be good to be able to move onto better base items…
Like Greater Discovery - obivous.

Neither here nor there with the others… but I’d like to raise you another:

Rune of Random Advancement

• rare ish…
  • randomnly attempts to raise the tier of any of the lowest single affixes on an item by 1 and applies FP loss as normal
  • Glyph of hope can apply to reduce FP
  • critical success, raises the tier of 2 lowest affixes by one each or a single lowest affix by 2, no FP loss.
  • No affix shards needed.

What did come to mind as I was reading, was does the game/do we want the game/do the devs want the game, to get a more complicated crafting system that any additional runes/glyphs may bring…?

1 Like

Pretty sure you’ve already said that something like the “Greater Rune of Hope Removal” was needlessly adding complexity for no real benefit, and yet you bring it up as an idea? Any reason for the change of heart?

The Glyph of Memory would require a rework of the crafting UI (to be able to select a second shard).

I am really not sure why you always try to go the “but you said this previously” route like a million times already.

I said that things that do the same, but with greater/more likely effects are not something I would want for “chase/rare crafting materials”.

My suggestions does not increase the chances per se, it makes it more deterministic, to a certain extent.

That is a wildly different “better effect”, compared to increase the chance for Glyph Of Hope to anything >25%.

Now stop it, thank you, bye

I like that sort of ‘wild card’ effect. It would be nice for people trying to farm up specific rare skill shards.

yes… I was wondering if a rune like this would help - especially for new solo type play where you havent got an existing pool of affix shards collected already… So all you have to do is find an item with the affixes you need, and then potentially use this suggested rune to upgrade it without needing more shards…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.