New rune idea

Would love to see more runes and glyphs added for deeper crafting interactions. I’ve had a lot of fun with Despairs and Chaos since they were introduced and think there is a lot of scope for interesting additions to the system.

One idea I had for a new rune would be something like ‘Randomly swaps an exalted affix on the item to another affix of the same tier. Consumes all forging potential.’ So, for example, I have a 2H Mace with T6 Inc Necrotic Damage. I use the rune, it randomly swaps it to T6 Melee Fire Dmg (similar to a Glyph of Chaos). If you have 2 T6 affixes, it picks one at random.

The reason for removing all FP is two-fold:

1. It needs to have some FP cost associated with it to avoid being able to deterministically roll the affix into anything you want.
  2. I think the effect is powerful enough to justify it being a 1 time use item that consumes all FP, as opposed to consuming between 1-20 or something like that. Importantly, it consuming all FP does not necessarily make it hard to use - similar to a Rune of Creation, it would just be the last step of the crafting process (finish all affixes, and then slam the rune to reroll the T6 and hope it hits something useful).

It goes without saying that this rune should not be compatible with any glyphs.

The legendary system gave exalted items more value because the base of a found item is irrelevant, so you could find T7 Melee Void damage on a terrible axe base and still combine it with your Apathy’s Maw.

This rune would also give exalted items more value because you get an opportunity to “fix” an item that has good stats but a useless exalted affix. For example, you have a Bone Necklace with perfect (or close to) implicits. It has T5 phys damage, T5 health and T5 frailty chance - all good for you, but it also has T6 spell crit chance and you’re playing a melee build. Apply rune - now it’s T6 crit multi.

3 Likes

I like that one.

Some crafting materials that specifically work with exalted items would be nice.

I had a couple of Rune and Glyph ideas back when the crafting system got updated.

Some of my ideas were also meant to be chase crafting mats that naturally would make the most sense to be used on exalted items.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.