New Model and Armor Sets for Sentinel coming in 0.8.4

I’ll leave any points about appearance to the art team, but I don’t think it’s fair to say that we’re suddenly not updating the other character class models just because they’re not included in this post. We still plan to update the other character models for 0.8.4.

4 Likes

I think if you re-read the roadmap you’ll see that that’s flagged as after 0.8.3 which isn’t the same as in 0.8.4.

The only roadmap I could find was this one, which only mentions the Primalist remodel. Unless I missed something.

Conlan is referencing the latest roadmap we received in the 0.8.4 and Beyond - October 2021 Development Update dev blog:

084_Forecast

Which then states this (within the “Continuous Effort to Improve Game Visuals” section):

3 Likes

nice!

Following your vids and build guids. You’re doing a good job :point_up::clinking_glasses:

Okay. The new Sentinel model got bald.

Here is the old character model to see differences to the new one.

This is without any equipment in the inventory slots.

I agree with the arm and leg proportions but the ears are not bad in my opinion. If you look at a lot of real people you will notice a very lot of variance in both size and position.

I do also agree with a couple of the comments on the armor. I don’t really like the “floating” shoulder look, make them smaller and make sure the look like their solidly attached.

I don’t like the whole bucket helmet look that completely encloses the head and face personally. I can understand that a couple would be ok considering that actually happened in real-life history and makes sense to some extent, as long as that’s the limit.

Great job on the remodel otherwise, very clean and crisp as well as detailed. I think it looks really great and that you continue to do a great job.