Nerf Warlock to the ground

Why this class is so broken compared to others? is it like 5 times better than other classes?

lol ā€¦ waiting for the warlocks to descend upon this thread and start casting curses.

11 Likes

Even though Iā€™m not currently playing warlock, falconer or runemaster, itā€™s the other masteries that need to be balanced up, not these balanced down. Some of the older masteries are lacking a lot of new features, like the passives that give a bonus after 5 points, etc. Which means that the 3 latest ones are superior to them.

15 Likes

I understand your point, it is that theoretically it is easier to bring the variant closer to normality, than to make everything that is normal behave like the variant

1 Like

That would be the case if most masteries were balanced and only these 3 were OP. But that is not the case. Forge Guards, for example, are really down the ladder right now. Itā€™s better to pick up the crappiest ones and bring them up to the level of those 3, until they are all ā€œbalancedā€ (something that doesnā€™t really exist, but at least we can get somewhat close).

2 Likes

YES, forge strike need some incentives and ring of shields, rebuke need some love. I would love to have rebuke without channeling, like a weaker version but not channeling.

2 Likes

I was just upset that they increased the cooldown. Had an FG retaliation build that I quite enjoyed that had 100% rebuke uptime. It was very slow but I had fun with it. Doesnā€™t work anymore because of it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sure! Letā€™s make the broken builds ā€œnormalā€ and everything else: trash. What you suggest is the biggest pitfall of many ARPG developers.

3 Likes

Wait you literally said you wanna nerf some class only because you think its so much fun for some players ? In game where is not pvp and where is for each class leaderboard ? Really? Please dont try to tell me you mean it.

• What i know by watched hundreds of hours this will not be apply to game. Developers said to one of reporters for game reviews in my country at beta access they want to let people break a game with build and have fun.

I totally agree. Nerfing is GGG-style. Good games boost. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Other than Falconer I have levelled every mastery fairly high (say level 90+) over the years. And my feeling is thisā€¦

Warlock is one of the weakest feeling masteries Iā€™ve levelled to date.

And one of the dullest but thatā€™s another thread.

This is the build I followed: Warlock Chaos Fissure Endgame Build for Last Epoch - Last Epoch - Icy Veins

seems like a lot of people follow those build guidesā€¦I donā€™t quite get that. To me, itā€™s fun to experiment with the skill trees and try to figure out something that works. You may have found warlock to be more fun if you had figured out a custom build for yourself.

1 Like

Meh I have 20 active Alts on the go still min-maxing. No time for that. Iā€™ll tweak it when I hit 100.

1 Like

And Iā€™d like to add that some of them have those big nodes with ā€œ[X ailment] sources FROM this treeā€ instead of ā€œfrom ALL sourcesā€ usually found in newer classes or skills. And Iā€™m talking about conversion. These looks so outdated to me.

1 Like

How I used to play warlockā€¦take my time and watch everything die to my minions, slow but steady. Die on occasion.

How I now play warlockā€¦run nonstop to objective and donā€™t pay attention to any mobs because I know if my minions ran past them, theyā€™re dead from dot stacks.

I love it. One button mastery of the game makes me happy. I can binge on Netflix and not worry about some insta-gib because Iā€™m not paying attention.

is this about the 100k ward tech with bone walls + profane veil lol?

Its funny that your idea is nerfing to the ground instead of buffing other classes.

2 Likes

People always with theyā€™re nerfs, maybe nerf your mouth. There is nothing wrong with Warlock. I find it a bit underwhelming but that is because Iā€™m not at end game yet probably, but still. Iā€™ve bin playing it a few days now, and I can say with experience. If itā€™s as strong as you say it is, itā€™s the other classes that needs buffing x5. Nerf warlock and there wont be any left. Cheers

2 Likes

Warlock is strong, but not really in the busted category imo.

its similar to prenerf runemaster. it just needs a little touch on some of its really strong defensive nodes and some of its scaling can take a bit of a hit and it will be good.

come 1.1 it will get like a 15-20% nerf im sure and fit right in.

Dont nerf it to the ground, just love tap it and buff forge guard or something.

2 Likes

Warlocks need a bugfix thatā€™s it. After that the ladder needs a reset and everything is fine and we can all complain about the Falconer then.