Need better more consistent acknowledgement from EHG staff on bug reports and plans for fixes

EHG seems to have withdrawn and started to go dark internally and now all we’re hearing about are one-off bug fixes for overperforming skills that are getting adjusted.

But there’s many items and skills that do not work as intended, and they’re being reported, but what I don’t see is a competent comprehensive summary of all the known/acknowledge/verified bugs/issues from the EHG side saying “Yep, we got this report. We’re working on a fix within the next %timeline%.” so people
a) Don’t waste their energy repeatedly reporting stuff you’ve already pinned down and are working on a fix for
b) know that a fix is actually coming rather than the silence we’re currently getting on any number of issues.

I won’t go so far as to say we need a super formalized roadmap or anything at this point, but it would be really nice if when the players (their paying customers) take time out of their day to give a bug report, if someone from EHG was following up and letting people know:

• We need more information. Here’s what information we need.
  • We’ve acknowledged the bug but need more datapoints please try to capture this info and reply here or submit a bug report in-game.
  • We’ve acknowledged the bug and can reproduce it consistently - no further data or reports needed and a fix is being worked on, anticipated in %timeframe%.

This is stickied in the bug report forum, from Jun '22 -

Thank you for your bug reports:

And I’m sure this was fine back in Jun '22 when it was posted. I bet things were way quieter, with less players, and hey you were still in early access.

You guys went 1.0 and the game was supposed to be in a mostly complete state by then. Or at least I’m sure that was your on-paper intention.

And you’ve gotten a pretty nice little cash infusion from the post-1.0-official-launch sales, I’m hoping?

Let’s graduate from “small indie dev during early access” habits into some proper project management / issue tracking / customer relations habits now, please.

You guys aren’t Activision Blizzard, so I’m not going to measure you with an identical stick. But you know exactly how they get treated and talked about when they have lingering serious issues unresolved for this long. While I gladly extend EHG significantly more latitude based on the comparative size, experience, manpower, that does not scale infinitely.

2 Likes