Necromancer Bone Golem Build guide using Heart of Uhkeiros

Yeah, it does feel like the ward on spirit plague’d mob hit is “just” a poor man’s Heart. But I’ve not got one of those yet so… Almost have enough stability to die to the dragon emperor…

Edit: but if there’s a reasonable amount of mobs it can generate a stupid amount of ward.

1 Like

I love it, because genarating ward is one of my top satisfaction on my necro :slight_smile:

I was playing a pyro/ignite necro up to about Corruption 200, but then I started to find that even with 1000% increased minion health, bosses like T4 Julra just killed my minions too fast. So I switched to this build.

I’ve gone up to just under 400 corruption now, and content still feels easy. I can kill any of the T4 bosses no problem, and so fast that I barely have to worry about their mechanics.

I’m using this build with a couple of minor tweaks that boost survivability. I took 3 points in Hunger, because that heal proc seems to work with the bone shatter as well, meaning that I am pretty consistently sitting at full health now (previously, I’d dip down to about 50% with continual RB spam). I also made some minor adjustments in the RB tree so I can pick up 1 point in Hemophagy (5% physical damage as health for minions), which means my golem is essentially immortal now.

So I’m running around with about 4200 HP, an avg of about 10K Ward (up to 15000 on bosses), and my bone shatter hitting for over 20-80K even at 350+ corruption.

Keep in mind I do have some very powerful gear at this point. My int still needs some work (currently only at 95), in part because I chose to get +2 to RB on the helm instead of Int.

But I’d say this build still crushes most content. It’s probably one of the most powerful builds I’ve tried so far.

3 Likes

really glad to read it! in my case I think I am too low level and gear (87 atm) to make it works, even if I spam RB the bone shatter dont proc continuously and I dont generate lot of ward…I go continue working on mono and gear and hope I can transiution to this build later on!

As long as you have high cast speed (I’m sitting at only 98% increased right now, even though the buildplanner has 190%), you have the proper nodes in the Golem and Rip Blood tree (Bone Hail, Betrayal, and Marrow Drinker) and are NOT using Aaron’s Will (which gives Bone Shatter a 3 second cooldown), you should be proccing it plenty.

But yea, if you’re at less than 80% cast speed it may not be enough.

And yes, gear will definitely make a difference. I am lvl 100, and wearing entirely either exalt or legendary gear, including a 2LP Deathrattle with T7 Minion health and 97% increased minion Crit Multi, as well as a Heart with 1LP that got a T6 minion health.

Anyway, yea, you need high cast speed as well as the key nodes on the skill trees, or it won’t work.

2 Likes

Yep I was @20% cast speed before I spec into that, that was really my limiting factor! I worked on gear and now thsi is really much better!

thanks for help and advice

1 Like

Yeah, cast speed is a big thing. I managed to get a t6 cast speed on an Opulent offhand and that made a massive impact to the feel of the build (though my build is more of a hybrid and I still doesn’t have the relic)

I was very interested in this build although I have a lich but I had found the relic so I decided to try it out as a lich nonetheless.

After some time it feels really good build. I have found some nice insights as if from the 5 skills you can use, one is zombies, then they proc the 20% cast speed for 10 sec from the acolyte base tree. Zombies do also have a kill threshold and they can use a dot for armor shred. They are nice for blocking projectiles too and if some enemies get behind you they go for them with a quick pace.
For other skills I am using the golem and the RB as mentioned but then I have for the rest, reaper form and death seal. Death seal is a good one for it can be used on minion to give 350% more damage and the same amount of crit chance increased for 8 seconds. Also having some area damage with the death wave and that can be enhanced to give a boost for your other minions.
The last is reaper form to give an extra life, mobility, cast speed and a reap ability to dodge the worst attacks.
What you guys think, Is it a good setup? For me it feels quite fast and clears most of the stuff for me as a beginner. I don’t know if it can hold for much promise after I get to empowered.
The only times I found it not so good build was when the death seal I wanted to attach to the golem went for the zombie or that the rip bloods I would try to use for the golem were hitting the zombies instead. But again, these are mostly managed by increasing the size of the golem from its tree.

1 Like

I forgot to mention that the lich tree itself also has some nice amount of intelligence, and also cast speed and then some physical penetration that I guess I am benefitting from with the RB.

1 Like

Yes on my side it also comming to take form! but after I was thinking this morning , like kind of outside of the box for this build, but if I play with only 1 pet why not going paladin and manisfest armor? also on the play style for me that comming from a big 25 pet projectile build havving to right clic like crazy on one pet it is a big change, but not bad either, just need some time to get use to it

I want to tell that the builds that I have been running are good for empowered as well. As the mechanic of this build is so strong with the RB and golem and Uhkeiros that really nothing else is needed and I can tell you now two variations of what I have done.

First one is a very noisy one,

I have been able to get cast speed t7 for both gloves and the catalyst, and also t7 for golem in the helmet so everything is in a really nice place at the moment. I am running skills like zombies to proc the extra cast speed then have infernal shades drop as blood shades to increase the physical penetration and armor shred. I am not sure if the affixes that I have on my gear affect like with a double way. If I have applied a bleed and my minion also applies a bleed so does this mean we both benefit from the physical penetrations of each others. This I do not know. But the sound of the death seal on my golem as physical and the sound of the blood shades. Time to time too much.

Then, I have the one without the zombies, but instead of that I have reaper form for more cast speed and the bone curse.

I haven’t made it so that the bone curse would go on my golem as it kept killing him but I feel that I still benefit from it, as maybe it makes my damage more or I want to believe it gives some boost. Maybe I will try something to still make my golem benefit more from it.
I keep wondering if these builds would work even better as necromancer with changing the skills a bit, but I haven’t had the urge to make a new character and I have just wanted to progress more with my lich.

As a last note, I want to say that I am trying to get one build to work which is a marrow shards build with the ghost maker. As custom to already having the shades around me, I was really interested in trying the dagger with some build. I am in it low life in reaper form and using death seal on me. I am running it such way that I bone curse enemies while in reaper form and under the effect of death seal to make my damage be extremely high. And I have the infernal shade as the blood shade. I have been able to be in the arena such way that there are more than 10 shades on the ground at the same time. and I am having a bunch of wraiths around me. so everything dies so fast. I am still getting killed as I have so low hp pool and the marrow shards projectiles are so slow that the enemy projectiles get to me first. This can be fixed with couple of idols though and investing more for hp. And the boss fights with it is not still in its place as I would require some minions around the boss to die and then benefit a lot from the wraiths and the shades.

Have anyone tried something similar, and if so with what kind of result or variation?

No, if it were shred then yes. But penetration only affects the specific skills (its a player modifier not a debuff on the target).

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.