2 versions of this build, one for SPEEDRUNS and another for the ARENA.
For speedrunning this might be the fastest necro build as it 1 shots everything and you can move super fast as you dont need a weapon for damage and you can use weapon uniques to increase your move speed + transplant skill every 2 seconds to teleport further and take shortcuts trough walls.
The arena version can probably be improved and i will be working to make it better changing some nodes and maybe 1 or 2 skills.
I am sure that a similar build for LICH should work too (for Speedrunning) as the necro Mastery only gives more health to us and the minions + resists.
It is my first build, and some things can surely be improved, but i hope you enjoy it.
(Any constructive critics about it and the video are VERY welcomed)
- Super fast
- Instant Boss Killer
- Very good mobility
- Good AOE and Single target
- Infinite increasing area damage
- Arena wave pusher (w236 in my 2nd try at lvl 97 with no experience at all in the arena)
No cons in MoF speedrunning.
Medium to long initial set-up to get the infernal shades running (due to a bug)
I.Shades transfer to another minion might be buged (no damage to the receiving minion) and therefore it might be fixed/changed in the future.
The video is in spanish, but i created myself english subtitles (it took me for ever…) and you can see there how fast and easy this build kills and plays.
BELOW THE VIDEO is the whole guide in English.
How it works
The core of the build is to attach to 5 of our minions 5 “Infernal Shades” with the following 4 nodes:
“Devour in flames” -> it will attach the flames to our minions
"Subjugation@ -> Infernal Shades damage will increase over time as long as it is active
“Soulfire” -> Infernal Shades damage will have infinite duration
“shifting doom” -> when a minion carrying infernal shades die, the shades will transfer to another minion KEEPING ALL PREVIOUSLY ACCUMULATED INCREASED DAMAGE.
Preferably you will want to attach the flames to the 2 golems and 3 skeleton warriors as they are harder to kill. To do that you will FIRST summon the 2 golems and 3 skeletons and then 1 death knight. Then you will attach 1 flame to the death knight, it will die from the DoT and then it will transfer to the golems or warriors. When the shades are transfered to another minion they stop making DoT to the minion carring the shades Now rinse and repeat until you get 5 shades on the 2 golems and 3 skeleton warriors.
Now you are ready to summon the rest of the minions.
REMEMBER that it will take some time for the Infernal Shades to increase their damage and be able to 1 shot everything. The longer you play the more damage they will do. I killed all MoF Bosses in less thant 1 second
Same as the arena one, but you can put the shades on any minion as for MoF the minons will never damage your minions.
Notes: No damage increase/multipliers from gear/passives needed (all damage comes from “Infernal Shades”)
Ideal Gear/Idols/Blessings (Build Planner)
Below are 2 links to @Dammitt BUILD PLANNER with the SPEEDRUN and ARENA versions of this build. There you can find the passives, skills and the ideal items (gear + idols) to aim for with the exact tiers and rolls. (i was not lvl 100 nor had perfect items by any means when i recorded the video, so the build can be improved further).
Other good weapon options until you get the Humming Bee are:
- Shard of the Shattered Lance (+ movement speed for 15 seconds when you kill a rare+)
- Pebbles’ Femur (+INT, +dmg for minions + 15% Lightning Resistance)
- Arek’s Bones (summon Arek’s Flesh minion + Shred armor for minions)
- Reach of the Grave (+dmg to skeletons if you choose Skeleton Mages instead Knights)
ARENA vs SPEEDRUN
- Config here is a balanced one with full resists/crit avoidance and damage reduction from Bone Armor, but you can give some of it up if you are skilled enough and increase your and your minion’s move speed by using Eterra’s Path Boots and change the silver ring for another Arboreal Circuit Ring.
For Arena you want to change the following items:
- Switch “Arboreal Circuit Ring”’ for another “silver or turquoise ring” with more minion stats + health.
- WEAPON: get the Beast King’s Axe as it increases minions health and provides huge damage reduction for your minions and you.
- the unique ring “Ribbons of Blood” for your minions survivility (they cant be crit)
Here we aim for “INT” stat, mobility and all possible survivability passives for us and for the minions like defenses, armor, resistances, ward, vitality, max health, leech for minions, etc.
- we use “Transplant” for mobility, to get “Bone Armor”, to fear enemies on depart and arrival’s location and to activate the passive “Veins of Malice” and give minions frenzy and haste.
- summon skeleton mage: for speedrunning you can use mages, pyro mages, ice mages or death knights. This skill does not matter. You can also replace it for another one. For arena i like the death knights but i need deeper testing. I might change this skill for another one.