Multishot on Speed - Build Guide - Diablo 2 Bowzone revival

For a procc of that cooldown it has to be epic levels of destruction basicly to be worth it. Something in the 50+k (real life) range … okay i see it is not :wink:

Edit: Game crash on 257 sigh

LOL.

Last night, my laptop had a massive drop in FPS around 110. I left and took the level 80 key.
Came back this afternoon and started at 80. At just about 200, again massive FPS drop. Lowered graphics to “very low” and continued. Died on 241 but those last 40 were really shakey. Of course, the ladder only listed a 150 run I did a in my 70’s.

I don’t think i would have made it much longer. Dodge is only at 43%. In think another 10% would help smooth out some of the damage spikes from packs.

Things start to get bad if you slowly cant stun mobs anymore … thats around ~230-250 depending on mobs for me.

Guess if you really want to push arena you need more def and less movment speed but that was never the intention of that char. Most of the time i dont move at all just sit in my smoke screen and fire … thats so damn boring a pitty you cant level up on mono past level 85… at least not fast.

Do you by the way have loot filter set up for this build late-game?
If you do have, do you mind sharing?

No special things.

Basicly “hide everthing” expect purpels, unique, set
Show class idols
Show %health/+life idols (the combo ones)
Show very rare class attribute items
Show some basetypes im looking for other chars

Nothing that takes more than 3 minutes to klick together and for sure not optimal. Picking up stuff slows down every build…

Leveling this build right now… feels so amazing :smiley:

I can’t understand why people are saying it’s smooth to level. Particularly with the Multi added to the channeling effect of Flurry. How are you sustaining mana? Even without it, I’m not clearing particularly well, AoE is a fantasy, and the damage is pretty minimal even with a good bow.

Clearly the end product is pristine, but leveling is far from a cakewalk based on my experience. Am I doing something incorrectly? Are there some mana sustain nodes/idols/equipment that I’m ignorant of? Because even without the multi channel, I can’t completely sustain it with Flurry, and definitely not with trying Puncture AoE to try and clear.

Whats your problem with mana?

You channel flurry for some seconds if you have big groups and fire some cindershots after it to regain mana (after you got Sapping Strikes) or just to give your mana time to regain on its own while firing 0 cost cinder strikes (before you got sapping strikes) that deal okayish damage if you skilled it a bit. Shift is at your side for kiting if needed.

Dont level with puncture very early it sucks because lack of AOE!

Levels 15 till mastery are “meh” if you dont use a lot of “stuff” form other chars but that takes maybe 2 hours to get through it - after mastery and with some points in multi everything will be fine - dont worry.

Gamble a viper tail and the level 1 unique bow or run the double t2/3 added damage bow + quiver. Its not super exciting but worked for me fine. The temple of Ethera can be painfull - mastery after it :slight_smile:

Guess before sapping strikes you can even just run flurry single target + cinder aoe and not use your mana at all.

Edit: Deadly smokebombs … okay i never tried that.
But i even played a bowzone ssf the first evening till level ~40 to get a feeling for the naked class - mixing and trying stuff all the time. It was not super nice but flurry and cinder did their thing,

Prior to getting your Mastery for the Rogue one of the best AoE clear skills is actually Smoke Bomb on the Shadow Dagger on slow, takes a few points but by Eterra you can round up packs and kill them with 1 smoke bomb as it auto crits

2 Likes

If you watch the videos, you’ll see that he’s weaving channeled Flurry with Puncture, because mana sustain is an issue.

You cannot sustain 100% channeled flurry w/ procc’d multishot. You don’t have the mana efficiency for it, it’s just not possible.

With the bow (which I have yet to get… Grr.) you’ll have a much easier time, but you’ll still need to weave flurry and another generator. The bow drops your channel from 20 mana/sec to 15, so a 25% increase in efficiency.

To sustain Flurry channeled w/o multishot is easy. Just grab the 2 mana gain nodes in the flurry tree. They proc 2 mana per hit, so you spend 5 per second, but gain 6-7. Then once you get the bow, respec those into adrenaline rush for more attack speed, or leave them for more sustain.

Yeah it is weaving of course.

You can not sit in a spot for half a minute channeling flurry. You can get a lot more time with mana blessing and getting more levels and speccing etheral arrows passive (+50 at max) (im near 200 mana now so i can sit in a spot for like 12 seconds!) but thats not the playstyle either - 2-3 seconds - fire 2-3 punctures - channel again…

You have to keep your marksmen buff up anyway so you SHOULD weave every like 4 seconds to keep your 5 stacks.

If i could sit there and channel forever … wow … all the arrows and the leech would basicly make you invincible … as long as you have arrows in the air only onshots can kill you basicly. The “regain” part is a weakspot …

Edit: I tested the mana per hit nodes around level 60 without the bow and found them almost non noticeable (you need a lot of bad points to get there) - i never tried it again with the bow. Maybe it works? But mana sustain is honestly not the biggest thing for the build if you dont want to make it do arena 250+ where things have such tons of life that you actually need more than 3 seconds to kill a flame golem …

Yes, I did watch the video and I did indeed notice that, however, I’d suggest that there’s a rather large difference between a finished polished build vs. leveling a starting character; their capabilities just aren’t the same. So, being relatively naive to the class, but not to ARPGs, and playing Hardcore, I try and work it out as best I can while using the general guide given by the generous OP. The problem I ran into when I finally got the Multishot aspect of Flurry, was that my mana would drain extremely quickly (as the channeling cost goes to +5 when it channels, and then +15 when you add the multishot node. Given a player can expect to have 50-80 mana… that’s 4 seconds of firing, at the top end. Then you have lots of waiting time as there is no Focus equivalent that I saw on the Rogue. Problem is, many encounters last longer than 4 seconds. Therefore, being a HC player, that’s a problem and seeing that everyone is saying it levels so smooth was a mystery leading me to think that I’m missing something… hence why I asked.

Wasn’t aware of Cindershot and its synergy with Sapping Strikes. I saw people talking about Cindershot as a build itself so I assumed it was a separate function as an alternative leveling method, as I believe noted in the build guide.

Just leveling from a relatively fresh start (I do have other Hardcore characters leveled so I got a good amount of gold and stuff), I couldn’t sustain mana sufficiently enough to reasonably survive. Once I specced into Multishot via Flurry, I went from decent survivability (using base flask as my AoE) everything went wrong… cause I couldn’t clear packs, I couldn’t clear rares, and certainly not bosses of any kind. I’d fire, maybe get 1/3 to 1/2 health down, then I’m on the run for a good long while waiting for it to regen from negative mana.

But, I do thank you for the Cindershot recommendation, I hadn’t considered that as a mana regeneration proxy. I do apologize for not responding sooner, I do appreciate your effort. Just been dealing with very heavy caffeine withdrawal and it’s been not so fun. But, awake now, and thank you again for your time and recommendation. I’ll give it a shot (heh) now. :slight_smile:

I dont play hardcore so i never give the “time before mastery” a lot of thinking to be honest.
I grab some things from my chest - build full glass canon and run to the end of chapter one. That works good or less good (here it is for sure “less”) but it takes 3 hours maximum so i never did think much about it.

“Leveling” for me personaly is the part between “mastery” and level ~60 where leveling slows down and your build should be “working”.

I thank you for your input ill add something about sapping strikes.

I played that build with like ~80 mana till like level 80 and it doesnt change much in normal content - you weave and run a lot anyway. The “more mana” is only really usefull for deep arena where things have more life and you cant afford 2-3 mana regain shots in some situations because you need the damage/stun/leech to save your butt :wink:

True but due to Last Epochs crafting system as well if you have the shards - you can just roll flat Physical+/Fire+ damage on bows and everytime you get a new bow just pump flat damage crafts and you can level with 0 cost Flurry/Puncture doing respectable damage

Also Gamblers Fallacy is really strong for leveling certain builds

Ive level’d a Druid using 2H and just with the first 2h sword from the vendor and T2 rolls ive been hitting up to 700 dmg crits on the second zone in the game after you get to the first vendor/stash

When I rolled my Marksman I realised I had no bow shards, so I farmed 10 fire/phys and started and just looted bows and broke them for shards while leveling

When I hit my Mastery I level’d with Detonating Arrow until I got Hail of Arrows which I kept playing until 75, found the Multishot bow and respec’d - Hail of Arrows prior to the last patch was actually quite strong - 1 shotting monolith bosses in 1 cast (not the end boss) but its nerfed due Shift and cannot compare in any aspect now

Detonating Arrow is the strongest skill vs mana cost when you get the Mastery first

I dont have the +Mana blessing from Lagon on my Marksman so I have maybe 90 mana and run out a fair bit. I actually dont really like Multishot but its so much stronger than any other bow skill plus ease of gearing and stun locking Siege Golems in lvl 100 monoliths its tough to stop using it

Hi there. I’m trundlegod (on twitch) and I want to create a multishot similar to this, is there a way to build this without using the channeling node? I have pushed my previous build (crit hail of arrows) to 286 but shift damage got gutted, I want to create a multishot build with a focus on alot of attack speed (using the -4 mana cost bow) with a low mana cost multishot that i can spam quickly. Aim is to push 400+ arena. Any advice to go about doing this?

Personally I feel that channeling (standing still) at all in arena is suicide at high waves, since you get hit by one projectile is almost a one shot, so im looking for the non channeling variant of this build?

Edit: or is there no way to get multi shot firing as fast as with channeling since attack speed scales the speed multishot is shot when channeling it with flurry?

1 Like

Longer Version:

Disclaimer - i tried direct “multishot” for like 10 levels in the mid 40s - so i am in no way an expert. And imho you overestimate how long you usually channel - you can in fact stutter step “single multi” quite fine if kitting is needed (it is not needed at wave 250 at least…) - benefit of high attackspeed even a mini channel will net you 1-2 multis (more with proccs) and flurry itself will sometimes procc a multi too. The build is a LOT more mobile than “channel” hints to (videos of easy content maybe dont make this clear enough). I would say on average you get at least almost the same amount of multis out than a run / shot / run apporch.

The biggest benefit of flurry procced multi is that it locks your mana cost at 16 per second regardless of your attackspeed. If you fire multi yourself you will burn mana more quickly the more speed you have. Multi in this setup would burn 26 mana per cast in this setup … it is hard to say how many multis i get but it are FAR more than 2 per second - that would burn 52 mana per second - more than three times !

But thats not all!
If you use mutli yourself you
a) kill your attackspeed by keeping “strong pull”
b) loss 55% MORE Damage … so you multis do less than half damage…
That alone is imho a killer.

But you need to bring down your mana drain - so no “larg quiver” +8 mana per cast is too much … you do not need those 4 extra arrows 90% of the time … BUT
a) you loose at least 50% style bonus with tinny multis
b) you loose 49% * 4 increased damage from gear and idols - so 200% ED lost

So no Strong pull and no larg quiver for you.
No strong pull = no knockback … your def just went down the drain - no more flamegolems that never finish a cast for you :frowning:

You most likley want to get % mana eff for the spare points but what else.,…
45% crit multi … nice but we have tons of that allready.
Quickdraw … NICE more AS … oh you burn more mana now :wink:

Further notes:
The extra arrows of flurry apply armor shred, phys pen and crit vulnerability EXTREMLY quickly on bosses. You will need a lot more time doing this with only multi + mana regain skill.

Short: i dont see any point in using multi directly at least in a “speed runner” setup.

But like i said - being able to do 250+ arena fast and easy is only a added benefit for me - i want to run mono quickly and dont have any interest to spend a whole evening in arena (with at least 50% chance of having the game crash anyway…).

A very thoughtful and well written response. Thank you Mr. Shrukn. :slight_smile:

I eventually just used Cindershot to level up to about 45 then switched to the main build and it worked out all right.

Currently level 68 in Hardcore, so I did have to switch up a few things from the guide here, but I never intended to use it as anything but a general/loose guideline, of which it is very good.

All-in-all, much faster than any build I’ve tried to come up with, but I was curious about the Multishot when I read it, so thought I’d see what others came up with and stumbled on this and it worked out well! Some great synergies. Just have to be a bit careful leveling and then a tad more caution and you can make it work for HC.

Thank you for the very generous replies, to those who wrote them. Very much appreciated for you to take the time to do so. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you this makes alot of sense. I overlooked the aspect of having alot of attack speed even with a low mana cost, i would still burn my mana the faster I attacked.

So you stated that the speed of the multis shot from flurry does scale from attack speed, which Is what I wanted to know, I will try put together this build and see how it does.

Every fourth arrow of flurry is a multi.
Faster flurry, more multis

And every multi can get doubeled via procc

Maybe you can solve mana. But strong pull? 30% less AS or loss big multiplier + knockback