Multishot on Speed - Build Guide - Diablo 2 Bowzone revival

I did a bunch of tests. When I channel fury, I get very high crits on the dummy. If halfway through my mana pool, I redirect to make sure my flurry’s miss the dummy, my crits from multi only are in the mid 20’s at the highest. Those big crits have to be coming from the flurry arrows.

You have to be right about the multi damage. no idea why the dummy is stearing me wrong lol.

I simply cant imagine that you can outplay the Multi % ed in any way with flurry.
Okay maybe with idols not only pointed on multi.

The best if found is 6% + 30 Void Res … so you can get quite strong ones.

,€dit: i enjoy playing the improvment game lol … dont get me wrong i want any input :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit mana cost…

I do not have this gear but there is no point in doing calculations on bad gear imho

Without wanting to do a “penis contest” … i “side strafed” the dummy to and see crits above 40k … hiting the main arrows i get bigger numbers … maybe it adds up flurry + multi if you hit “the proc and the base arrow” side by side?

Great dialogue.

I decided to go with maxing out the adrenaline for Fury.

I also removed the points from Mana Wrap. My Fury Channel dropped from 28 down to 16. Lost the extra 15 mana back per hit on puncture but with the reduced cost, the play style works out the same. I still recommend 1 point in Barrage of pain and 5 in Perfect aim. I am also keeping the double mana cost on the multi tree. I have no mana issues and the free multi procs for puncture are awesome. I will be weaving in 3 puncture hits every 4 seconds either way just for the 100% extra crit multiplier.

Glad I decided to post here. My build will be even better because of it :slight_smile:

I appreciate the math :slight_smile: 13% more damage for 5 skill points.

If you put those same 5 points in Missle mastery you go from 1286% to 1311% am I correct?

If so, then 5 in concentration takes you from 1286% to 1346%.

Once you take all the obvious nodes, 13% for 5 points seems very good no?

Sorry, I thought you were talking about the 5 points from mana wrap. You only have 1 in ethereal. I am also down to the 26 multi mana cost so 13% per point always is better than you get from any other additive damage % bonus on the tree. Only the crit multi’s will increase dps more. I guess going all dex, life and defensive is an option with excess passive points.

I allways had the 5 in perfect aim :slight_smile:
You improved my multi…so thx too.

Any news on res pen?

Still looking. Have not found absolute clarity on this. When I find something, i will post. Hopefully someone else will read and help out with a definitive answer.

Till then… Be well.

1 Like

Its 13% more for 14 skillpoints …
I only took 1/10 ethernal + 0/5

Its for sure not bad to take those 13% damage - maybe even the most damage but is it worth it? You also block a blessing slot for mana most likley.

But even without 5/5 yeah 1 point in etheral for 13% ED is very high (usually 1 point is 7% ed)
Maybe its not worth it to take additional ED at all at this point?

For 13 points you could get 6/6 arrow storm + ´8/8 pursuit eg. for 8% move speed + the 60% AS procc?
Or 1/8 concentration + 5/8 meditation + 8/8 reflection - lots of dodge and 8% move speed … but i dont like the whole idea of that skill.
Cloak of Shadows could be an option too? 8 Dex + 16% glancing blow
Or steady hand for dex/life (i like that idea!)

Honestly i have no clue yet what to do :slight_smile:

Try arrow storm i have 3/6 now (lvl 83) and its fun :smiley: (149% speed with max proccs now)

Yep. at 26 mana per multi, (where I am at now), you pick up 13% added damage per point in Ethereal (13%*10 = 130%). Really nowhere else to pick up more damage per point.

Have 1/8 concentration and 8/8 meditation that I may remove when I get some more dodge on gear. At level 88, only sitting at 28%. I am considering 6/6 arrow storm and 1 in covering fire for the guaranteed dodge. Could be pretty insane on longer fights. Other than that, dex and glancing looks good. Maybe a little more leech.

Only finished the first 100 monolith just now. Time to do the other 3 and then work on some gear. Hopefully it will figure itself out. Fun times.

Finished all level 100 monos, did 1 arena run…

Took me 1 hour to get to 200 round about
At 204 my game crashed :sleepy:

He’s saying it’s 13% more, total. not 13% per point. Your total increased damage is 1286%. 13% of 1286 would raise it to 1453%.

Couldn’t you grab Coated Blades, +5 mana, but +10% more (multiplicative) damage. 2 points there would double the investment of the previous 10 points, but bring your Flurry up 10 mana as well.

Not sure how Flurry would feel with the added cost though. Should be similar to when you had Mana Wrap.

Do coated work at all now and most important does it work on procced skills?
Will check later…

For a 26 mana cost multi 1 point in ethernal arrow is 13% increased damage (not more!)… at 1300% ed base thats like 1% more ?

Btw i forgot around 100% phys ed from armor implicit in the excel …

What i dont like about etheral is that it eats so many passives (10 itself + support) to be good just to add to our huge %ed pool… thats not bad but maybe not worth it

@helot_commander

Thx for the idea with coated … i tried it with 5/8

Hell yeah you i do 150-200k crits on the dummy…
Hell no i run dry of mana in like 3 seconds …

And thats with mana blessing :wink:
Pitty that wont work …

I meant just put 1-3 points in it, that should bring you to the same point you were before, Flurry and Multishot costing 5 - 15 more mana. Whatever feels sustainable to you.

I haven’t tried Flurry’s multishot node. Does it increase every second you channel by 15 mana, or only when it procs Multishot?

Tooltips do not change in any way.
But from the speed it eats my mana - i would say 5 points increase my mana consumption by like 300%.

Strange

Edit: Without coated i can channel for ~15 seconds before 0 mana. So its more like 500%…

Man this build is awesome… I was using detonating arrow and it started slowing down for me alot and it wouldnt perform very well in arena but I collected lots of idols/gear (im new so kinda keep everything until I know whats what lol) and I gambeled a great rolled Drelkors, saw I have 3 increased dmg per arrow idols and helmet slapped those things on and its SOOOOOO good.

Glad you like it …

im still having fun optimating some stuff and so on … but about to start new projects too :wink:

I just died at wave 213 ,… something oneshoted me through 1,7k life + max res … above 200 arena really “starts” and i guess you need to specc more defensivly with the next levels. thats not my thing …

Server seems to be down for today.

I reached 88 and will work to ~90 i guess in the next days. but i doubt i have the energy to go much further. Im convinced of smokebomb now - in arena its usefull and for monos you dont need the slot anyway …

New screen of smokebomb will be added shifted some points.

1 Like

That nasty COVID biatch probably got you… :sneezing_face:

Is there any video of this build in action to see the clearing speed and boss damage ?
Thank you

I never did any video recording but i guess i will give it a try just to show off. Dont expect any fancy editing… a level 100echo run is best i hope to record

But let me say… crazy. Normal and rares die offscreen most of the time.
Bosses have like two second warmup till you shreded their res and got their armor tosome thousand negative… than they vaporate …

Added 2 videos… @okami29
Do they work okay?

1 Like

Video’s are nice.

I am pretty sure you were correct about physical shred & Penentration affecting hits. I switched my puncture for 5/5 splinter and notice the difference. Awesome. Thanks again.

Is that 1 point in Coated Blades for your test dummy video?