Multiplayer

Sorry no, when we do have a set date for multiplayer, it will be very obvious on the front page of our website, steam page, facebook page, subreddit, everywhere.

4 Likes

Will you allow characters with the same name in multiplayer like Diablo 3? I hate having to put numbers and symbols after my name.

I wouldn’t realistically expect Multi to go in till end of year maybe first quarter 2021. I mean at the pace they are moving(Which is a solid pace) you are looking at a proper development time of at least a year or a year and a half still till a full release. Multi itself bring a whole host of issues that will need to be worked out just on its own. Hopefully we get an online and a LAN as well with the multi.

I was really excited when I saw this pop up only to realize its the old thread. Bummed. Feelsbadman

2 Likes

Happen to me so many times.

This time, it fooled me AGAIN! :joy:

It would be nice if we could have an update on what’s happening with this since it’s been two and a half years. Lack of multiplayer is the reason I’m not playing now.

3 Likes

Yeah I agree. This game is great so far and the Devs have communicated a good amount on most things except multiplayer. This is obviously taking some time, and that’s fine, but the complete lack of any foresight or insight into what is going on is very disheartening and concerning. You can only say multiplayer is a top priority and something you are working on for so long before the whole community gives up on the dream. I can wait for this to happen with updates but without any communication on this topic from the Devs, it might be a surprise that comes out next year at some point but by then I, and many others, may be over the hype/waiting and not have the itch that is currently here. Obviously this is a personal opinion, I just wish they would shed some light on this a little…not even asking for a specific date even though I believe this community is owed that at this point.

1 Like

if they had a specific date im sure they would share, but just sharing an update on it would create alot of hype for something and even more questions when there just doesnt need to be. Im sure when MP is close you can expectt to get a full blog on it and everyone will be talking :slight_smile:

I understand what you’re saying, but the hype is already there/that is what a lot of people are waiting for. MP should already be here and that’s the issue. It is now delayed indefinitely and I feel like the Devs owe the community to explain why. Not give a specific date and not apologize or anything like that but to be more transparent. As an example, put out quarterly updates like Diablo 4 is doing. I also understand that they have been putting out a lot of good info which I have obviously been following but there needs to be some mention with multiplayer at least saying what they are working on. Because like I said before, having it be delayed multiple times and for this long already, and then to just keep the whole community completely in the dark feels bad. I think avoiding to put out information to avoid questions is not the right answer at all.

1 Like

Where did they say it was delayed indefinitely?

It better not be, because without multiplayer I have zero interest in this game.

1 Like

It’s not, we never said that.

2 Likes

Which is what I thought, given your statement further up, I just wasn’t sure if something had been said on Discord & not posted here (though that would be very odd if it were as significant as that).

MP has been delayed for an unspecified amount of time which, by definition, is indefinitely. My only point is that I wish they were more transparent on the progress of MP rather than just saying “sometime in the future at some point, we promise.” Again, I don’t need a specific date or anything but even something like “we’re working on ports this month” or “we’re trying to balance levels right now” or whatever it is, that’s all.

The problem is you assumed multiplayer should be here already (something cannot be delayed if it didn’t miss a promised deadline). My question is on what basis are you making that claim?

1 Like

Ahh, I see what you’re saying, good point. I guess I am conveying my thoughts unfairly and I do apologize for that. Basically, I have seen and read multiple posts that multiplayer is in the works and will be here at some point and all I would like is some sort of information beyond that. Not much, but reading “multiplayer is a top priority” for years at this point, is definitely unfortunate and concerning to me. I am sure they are hard at work and they obviously said they are not stuck on anything, but it would be nice to see something, anything, even a one line sentence at the end of patch notes, saying what they have done or are working on relating to MP. I hope that makes more sense rather than the word vomit I posted earlier.

2 Likes

This is a very similar discussion like the “we need a lootfilter” topic.

It’s ok, that it isn’t in, yet.

But also if there still is no eta, what about some teasers? This thread here is explaining a lot. Now devs state “it’s outdated and some things have changed”. What things have changed? In what direction did it change?

Tease us. Give us some info on the current state. I think this is all that is demanded. I don’t get why EHG goes this completely silent on this topic.

Because if they tease you with something thats not even close to finished and is subject to change it causes a bunch of issues such as

1)Creates unnecessary HYPE and just more questions of WHEN WHEN WHEN which distracts the team from just working on it more.
2)When something inevitably changes over the course of its creation people get mad that something that was teased 6 months ago isn’t there anymore

We dont get a date for MP cause they dont know… We cant even get a date for the next patch because there literally trying to get it to us in a polished form ASAP and they just dont know what QA/Problems/Bugs Pop up last second.

Would You be happier if they gave you a specific date and then just had to keep delaying it?

EHG is BUSY BUSY BUSY, look how much content there trying to put out every 2 months for every patch, why would they stop what there doing and focus on something thats not coming in the next immidiate patch just so we can drool and then go back to naggin. Just let them be, we will get the teasers and MP when there ready to give it to us. ITs coming. Patience.

3 Likes

Honestly I don’t think they have to stop working or delay any content to just tease us or answer some questions regarding multiplayer.

I don’t think that multiplayer content and implementation is so vague that there is nothing they could show or tell us. This dev blog started early 2018. Back then they had a plan and a lot of info to share. And I really doubt that they cancelled all of this and have actually no clue what it should look like.

Small updates and infos are appreciated. No shiny concept presentation or preview. Just state of the current system.

2 Likes

But they do. A dev blog doesn’t just appear out of thin air, it probably takes whoever writes it several hours to put together (say half a day) then another couple of hours to review it with someone else, thrash out their questions and update it with the agreed changes in wording. So that’s probably a days worth of manhours from a small team that could have been spent on something else.

And that’s assuming that, as boardman says, the things they have said they’re planning on doing, their direction for whatever it is they’ve blogged about don’t change between now and when the feature is finally implemented. Other devs (I forget who) have said before that they didn’t like talking about stuff that was too far out because it sets the community’s expectations and if it changes for any reason some part of the community loses their shit.

I’m not a writer, but it can take me weeks to put together a spreadsheet that is my company’s statutory accounts. And those weeks will be spread over a good 2-3 months what with interruptions, other urgent work (month end happens every month and can take anywhere between 2 days and a week depending on the company), random questions from my boss, or her boss, etc. And said statutory accounts are only 30-40 pages long, and most of it’s done already (I don’t re-write it from scratch)!

I know its frustrating as ****, I want nothing more than to get into mp with my friends and pvp someone from here that said they were really bad at pvp.

It’ll be here when its here.