Multiplayer Progress Update - September 2021

Hello everyone, I am using a translator, I am sorry if something in which I write cannot be understood correctly, my questions are the following:

1. What will happen to the “single player” mode when multiplayer is launched will we have to start from the beginning?
  2. What about the masters of the classes will launch it before multiplayer?
  3. Have you ever thought about translating your game into other languages?
    Thank you for your attention, I adore your game and you are on the right track. Thank you for your attention in many aspects. Keep working as you have done so far. I wish you the best of luck so that the project progresses.
    SamuellD8
  1. On release of multiplayer, you will keep your current local saves and will be able to continue playing your current characters. They won’t be affected but they will stay offline characters.
    To play multiplayer (or single player but online), you will have to create new characters, that will be saved on the servers, won’t be playable offline, won’t share items or materials with your offline characters.
    Offline will stay the same. Online will require to start anew.

2. No idea what the question was.

3. They want to translate the game but want to first complete it. So translations should begin after release (if they haven’t changed their plans).

Great game, keep up the good work :100:

From a software development point of view, your team is truly doing it how it should be done. Build the core components well with scalability at the forefront of design. Start off small and scale up with stress testing and metrics to help identify issues that arise.

Really well done you all! Bound to be growing pains but I’m sure the community appreciates you doing things right (as well as yourselves)

1 Like

Cool! But how would the voting system tiebreak even sized parties? Also, do we know how we would recruit and form a party yet?

So now I just need to join Community Testing Program, somehow :slight_smile:

Rock, paper, and shotgun?!? That sounds fair.

good to know, thx

I believe the official version is “rock paper scissors lizard spock”.

2 Likes

The missing masteries will be released at some point, more or less independent of MP release.

:joy: :joy: :joy: I absolutely agree with you

Ждём и верим!)

IMO, multi player style, like you said need to be very smooth for players playing online the whole time, especially LE is a worldwide game, the servers would have to consider no only for its own region but other countries as well, so for testing the multiplaying is important to have someones outta servers own region to test the speed and stability, and capacity if it may.
point out the game wolcen, I still remember when it first gone open, lagging, disconnect to servers, many bugs and did not react in time. For a game like this, it will be a major disaster.

Waiting and believing! :slight_smile:

It is unclear in the description of the voting, what happens to the minority of players who want to leave, if the majority wants to have more waves. I hope they can still leave with no consequence, so only those who want to stay, will stay. Multiplayer voting system will never be able to force a player to stay if they don’t want it. Even if this behavior is forced, they will still find a way (disconnecting, annoying/harassing other players and forcing them to want to leave as well or kick them, etc.) The more punishing it is, the more annoying it will become for everyone.

I wanted to second this. Also if someone wants to leave it’s probably better to let them leave than force them to stay around, I anticipate this will lead to trolling, as people will either AFK or just DC if they want to leave and people vote to stay. Traditionally this has been my experience with people in online wave based games that have this sort of system.

1 Like

Sorry guys, long thread, simple question - can I play private co-op with the Mrs right now, if I buy 2 copies?

No, multiplayer hasn’t been released yet.

Is the most recent update.

Cheers matey.