Multiplayer Progress Update - August 2021

Yes, revive the fallen at the restpoint between waves would be a good idea. I agree, standing 5 seconds trying to revive someone would not be possible. ^^

5 sec is just a random figure I tossed out. The concept is basically to allow for an ally to revive you by doing something. It can be instant if that make sense for a fun balance.

So I don’t think we need to be hung up about the 5 sec but rather, do we think the idea that a ally can do something to revive a party member is something that would make MP arena interesting.

1 Like

Yes, you’re right.
I’d say it could be half the time it takes to revive an animal companion.

I think we should focus on your 5 seconds revive suggestion… And how you could ever think, this might be a good idea!! :wink::rofl:

5 SECONDS… FIVE! WTF

I mean, this has to be easer to do, coding-wise, then something brand new, right?

if we want to provide you a high quality experience like other online ARPGs.

“if we want to provide you a high quality experience UNlike other online ARPGs” ?

ХОЧУ СТАТЬ ТЕСТИРОВЩИКОМ КАК ЭТО СДЕЛАТЬ? АДРЕС [email protected]

It looks like you are interested in joining the community tester program. Please submit a request as a General Ticket here: Submit a request – Last Epoch Support

1 Like

я уже отправил запрос на тестирование что дальше?

Thanks, you’ll have to wait for a reply from support.

I RALLY hope you intend in finishing the classes BEFORE you release the game … Can`t wait to play falconeer, runemaster and warlock !

I am pretty sure the 3 missing materies are within the scope of 1.0 release, just not multiplayer release.

Not so sure about that Heavy. Mike may want to chime in on that. He stated in a Dev stream that they also want content to push out in the future and that those 3 classes were prime candidates for such content.

Obviously a dev needs to confirm this and very possibly planes have changed.

But I think all 3 classes are still within that scope and they active work on them right now (mostly planning and not so much implementing currently I think)

But I am pretty sure they at least were within 1.0 scope from the begninng, if that has changed ok, but that’s what I always believed.

The 3 missing masteries are going to be released before 1.0, we just don’t know when. Personally, I’d be surprised if any of them came before 0.9 (multiplayer, should be this year).

They have said that they have ideas for more masteries & classes, which may be what you’re thinking of Jehzir.

Still, It will be really hard to push out that much new content across so few patches and not have some broken OP elements in them, which would have a far greater impact in an MP situation.
Look at the new ones from 0.8.0 and there are still issues with them. The way it was phrased could be an either/or situation, if they make it great but without is fine also that gives us more content for later.

I’m not so sure. If you look at the Rogue, they’d clearly been working on it for a long time & that gave us a base class, 2 masteries & dual wielding. We know they’ve been working on the other masteries in parallel with the other stuff that they’ve released so far & multiplayer. Plus, we have no idea how long there will be between 0.9 (this year) & “release” (whatever that means for a game like this), it could be a year, or two or more.

There aren’t that many issues with the Rogue’s skills, other much older skills also have issues.

I don’t think so…

Have they said it isn’t?

I thought it was clear when the dev responses now are more like “when it’s ready” and these progress updates never reference or mention anything about “working towards MP by end 2021”.

So I saw that as EHG’s way of quietly saying “we are not necessarily promising MP by end 2021 anymore. But we will give very concrete updates on the progress so you will have a better idea when it’s ready.” Happy to be proven wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes