Multiplayer Progress Update - August 2021

Is this suppose to say september?

you can get quite a bit done in just one week if you put your mind to it :sunglasses:

1 Like

Copy paste life. I’m sorry about it :slight_smile:

1 Like

We are mostly down into the “small wins” categories for server memory use, which is good news. We have a few major chunks still we’re about to take out but then over time it’ll just keep getting smaller and smaller :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are always 99% done :stuck_out_tongue:

The last 20% is always the longest in game development, and has the largest impact on game quality. :smiley:

2 Likes

Dont Gotta Tell Me twice :stuck_out_tongue: Gets Me all The time :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ve tested so many games in the last 20 years that were in much rougher shape than LE, you guys are on a good track here.

As a math teacher I will take “small wins” all day every day :slight_smile: Love the direction Multiplayer is heading!

Hey Stanz!
So how do deaths work in Arena? I heard that in MP parties people can revive each other. Is this possible in Arena, too? Will there be a revive limit? Or are people that die out of the game and the rest op the party has to go on alone? Or do people automatically get revived if at least one member of the party survives until a checkpoint?

Arena in MP is something I’m really excited about :star_struck:

1 Like

Eleventh Hour Games, you’re absolutely amazing. Thanks for all the love for this game, we will give it all back to you. Let’s make this game a masterpiece!

MP!!! Let’s go!!

Thanks for the update.

Excellent update and look forward to the changes.

Exciting times!!!

Keep up the great work :grin:

I just want to say, to all dev teams, thank you for your hard work.

You make this game ,that we love, better and better.

And nice communication, I like the fact you share a lot with us your advacement. For me, it helps me to wait every patch.

Take the time to make this game unbelieveable.

Greetings,

Hey! Actually we’re working that out literally right now, we were just having discussions today. We are considering a first format that will work for testing, and then whether or not we want a competitive and non-competitive form of Arena to be available.

Right now any death kicks players out of Arenas and we aren’t going to keep that. But it is pretty funny for internal testing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is great and regarding MP and the approach EHG is doing a wonderful job, on doing now all of this effort to provide when is out a smooth experience, a thing that sadly is done on reverse by many others and as we all know “a very bad first impression, stays forever” so i’m glad and proud of EHG pre-release massive effort meanwhile many others rush to put out and “we will fix the mess weeks or month later”, so EHG +1 RESPECT !!! No rush, when its ready to be out than let it out, if still some work, we can all wait because all circles back to the “first impression”. Keep up with this good work !

Ha! I was just going to ask how death worked in a MP Arena. I actually like the idea that ANY death ends it. That makes it more difficult to cheese low level players and get them free xp. Normally I like the “power level” kind of thing, but in this game I don’t think it’s necessary. I also think this would highly encourage more SUPPORT builds. As a support type player in other games, I love the notion of a group really playing and working together to master content.

I’d say keep this in the Arena, or make it an option with it’s own ladder to really encourage true group play.

2 Likes