Multiplayer Invitational Follow-up

Only for steam, but you can link your steam account with your EHG/LE account and download it on steam.

1 Like

It was cheaper on steam29$ but i bought the game on the latsepoch web page 35$ cuz i thought it helps the developer more

Sorry if the question seems dumb, but I dont want to open a different thread, so I’m asking here: do we receive a password / access code for the internal testing?
Thanks.

tried to register and need steam account …

if we bought the standalone we can’t do anything ?

You can link your standalone LE purchase to a Steam account allowing you to register for the upcoming MP beta/pack the server party.

2 Likes

if you go to your account settings here on the website (Lastepoch) there should be an option to redeem the game in steam.

After registering, you should have received the information on how to access event. You can go back to the registration page and it should show up for you if you missed it.

1 Like

Thank you!

Nice! This was my suggestion as well and I am glad devs chose this. This way we can still play with friends while people are not too worried about abusing it.

Will the balance changes be included in today’s event? If so is there a place we can read them?

With a thousand useless variants? Unless there was a big change making better affixes appear way more as exalted, I won’t get excited to see exalteds just cause they are rare.
Granted I wasn’t invited to previous test so I didn’t see the magnitude of the change.

“few minor bugs (we’re on them!)” I hope that bug “Last Epoch.x86_64 is not responding” and pink texture for “character selection menu” for Linux (Ubuntu 22.04) will be fixed!

I’ve done the steps as described in the guide to get access to the multiplayer week and it also says “Last Epoch [Internaltest]” in my Steam. However, I don’t see any option in the game how to access it. Creating a new character also doesn’t show any new option for multiplayer. Can someone post a screenshot or describe where it is?

@Orcdoc Do you use the native Linux client by any chance? The multiplayer client is not available for Linux. That was the issue I had. After switching to the Windows client and running it with Proton everything worked.

1 Like

Thanks for the hint. I’ve checked again and my game is running on Steam (Runtime) with Proton 7.0-5 enabled.

1 Like

There’s no special option to enable multiplayer. If you’re on the test build, it’s enabled. Top left is something like 0.8.14C I think?
If you’re on the correct version and want to participate in multiplayer gameplay, you just have to join a party. You can do so by inviting directly through chat or using the social panel (default hotkey: H)
There is no matchmaking currently, but you can start partying at any time. There are no requirements to being able to party.

aha. but how do you switch to the windows client ??
i’m not seeing a choice.

edit: well F*CK. playing the windows version with proton is a 5 FPS disaster.
really REALLY wanted to be able to play this game under linux.
REALLY.

This is just a limited beta test for MP.

You will get your hands on this update once it releases for linux.

1 Like

When I started the Windows version on Linux for the first time, I also had very few FPS. The second time (with the most current version of GE-Proton) it ran fine. Try a few options, maybe you can still get it to run.

i hope you are right !!

That’s a good idea. i’ll give a couple of other versions a try and see what happens.
running perfectly well under windows of course.

edit: woo-hoo! I was using Proton 7.0-6. i changed to “proton experimental” and it’s working perfectly.

1 Like

Still shows 0.8.5F for me. Didn’t see any option in either menu to join a party so I guess I’m not on the MP server.

@buzzybug
The performance issue on Linux is still definitely there, This game just devours 16GB of RAM on Arch Linux.

the performance of the linux client hasn’t been the best, but it’s been good enough. I’ve definitely noticed it eating RAM.

What’s humorous is that the windows client running under Steam with proton-experimental is doing much better than the native linux client.

however it’s my understanding there has been significant improvements to the engine. certainly the graphics look much better.

you wonder if maybe EHG should not even make the linux client and just tune it so that it runs well under proton. it would be a lot less work and if that works well, then i’d be happy.