Multiplayer Invitational Follow-up

It’s got nothing to do with the graphics & everything to do with the servers. But yes, they are aware of the excessively long load/transition times.

They seem aware of a lot of things, but their priorities seem to be focusing on what will generate the most revenue. A cash shop, seeing players in town(so you can see their cash shop items) and releasing the game.

That’s rather cynical. Their priorities were getting the factions and the last masteries in. Seeing players in town isn’t a “priority” it’s a choice and it’s not so players can see other player’s MTX but because of performance (there’s also a thread about this). Server performance issues are also a priority for 1.0.

It’s what I see, and what they are showing me.
There’s bugs(chat defaulting to global) every time you zone that have been around since early 2023.

There’s also complaints about the difficulty as early as 2020.

Sure, and there are bugs even older than that. Maybe some have been fixed already and will be released at 1.0. We don’t know until they release the patch notes.
Besides, priorities aren’t always bugfixes, especially when they’re minor ones. If all they did was bugfixes LE wouldn’t launch until 2025 or later. They have to balance getting new stuff in and fixing some of the more important bugs. That’s how programming works.
As for the difficulty, there was a difficulty mode at one point and it was removed. They said they have something planned for it, so we just have to wait.

I’m unsure how this is bad for us.
As I said, their priorities are clearly “what will generate the most money” and not “what will make the best game”.

If the game keeps getting rescheduled for release later and later, players will feel cheated. You’re obviously not a programmer, but there’s a balance between getting a product ready and ironing out all of the bugs.
Obviously they have to make money, but they have shown repeatedly that that’s not the focus and they showed that by actions, not just words.

You seem to be bitter about something, but I’m not sure EHG is to blame.

Being able to pay the bills does tend to help getting work done. Plus you seem to be ignoring the reworks to earlier chapters, new/refreshed mobs, new masteries & multiplayer (a phenomenal amount of work).

It’s been complained about before then.

I refer you to my comment above. Plus the two aren’t mutually exclusive, MP costs a lot of money (servers, internet & development time, etc) but makes the game better (unless you don’t like MP or have bad/unreliable internet).

1 Like

Huh? MP was added so they could sell MTXs and add showing people in town to encourage you to want to show off yours to others.

This is why every mobile gacha game is online, social features are one of the most profitable things in gaming.

Yeah, @Llama8 , come on. Open your eyes.

Multiplayer games are only multiplayer because of cosmetic microtransactions. Do you think Dota is multiplayer to offer a 5v5 game with asymetrical powers / hero combinations ? Nah, wake up Llama8, Dota was created as a solo narrative game first but they had to bring the money so they changed it to multiplayer, and now people are showing off their skins of Jinx, Reinhardt and Alex Mason. Do you think Diablo 2 had a multiplayer because people wanted to play together ? Nuh-huh, you dummy, it was because of the microtransactions.

And I’m sure you will be like “Not all the MP games are like that; we have no proof Last Epoch is like that; we don’t know the intents of EHG; EHG have not used predatory strategy like pay-to-win or walled content”.

But you don’t know, Llama. You don’t know and Shiyo knows.
Shiyo knows oh so well all the intentions behind every decisions of EHG. Shiyo pierced the veil and exposed all the vilainous tactics to rob us of our money. Disgusting tactics like allowing us to play with other people. Okay, maybe that’s a cool feature but be assured that was with the worst reasons in mind. Shiyo knows.

2 Likes

Thank you for educating me, I will go commut seppuku due to my willful ignorance of the malign impact that the illuminati have had on the video game market real reason for multiplayer.

Seriously though, wtf is up with that helicopter overhead???

2 Likes