Monolith Enemy Modifier Risk vs. Reward (%Item Rarity/Exp scaling)

To preface this: I absolutly love the corruption change. The difficulty curve is so much mroe smooth and consitent, I absolutely love it.

What bother me though is the reward scaling with the enemy modifiers. Enemy modifiers do not scale anymore with corruption or depth. But the % inc. item rarity and exp also is static.
While at the same time the %inc. damage is multiplicative with the corruption scaling.

When you have 280+ %inc. Item Rarity and Exp at 300+ Corruption, but some modifiers only give you 10-40% % inc. item rarity.

Before the corruption changes item rarity was a HUUUUGE contributor to getting rare boss drops, like Omnis etc. you could stack 5 enemy modifiers and gets hundreds of %inc. item rarity. Now with only 2 modifers at maximum being stackable and them not scaling you can get like 80% inc. item rarity at amximum if you stack two of the highest modifiers.

The %more (from corruption) and the %inc (from enemy modifiers) being multiplicative is good.
But the Item Rarity and Exp should also either be multiplicative with each other or make the values scale up with corruption.

Once past 250-300 corruption stacking some modifiers before a boss fight is basically useless and just not worth the effort.

2 Likes

Perfect? The devs stated they’re balancing around 300 corruption.

A large majority of the current players beyond that are bug abusers and shouldn’t be rewarded for it.

That does not justify not having good risk vs. rewards.

Those over the top builds will be temporary. The endgame scaling and risk vs. rewards will here for the future.

Also this already does affect people not abusing anything. The effect definitely gets worse the higher you go right now, but even at 150-250 it is already not really worth stacking modifiers.

Please make every single discussion of feedback about the current few top performing ward interactions it doesn’t help.

I think it would help if the bonuses were something OTHER than just rarity/xp, but whatever it is either has to scale with curruption.

I do want extra mechanics to the monos though, the loot cache and the experimental mages just arent rewarding enough.

No? Those numbers can also be adjusted when the game is in a better spot.

There are no absolutes.

That is beyond this discussion I think, because everybody would probably agree that more new exciting thigns are always good.

The %inc. item rarity is realyl good though, it just doesn*t scale well with these changes.
Before the corruption rescaling with 1.0 it was singificantly impactful for target farming rare boss uniques, which helps tremendously if you wanted to have a boss drop with LP.

This endgame scaling topic does affect everybody who wants to do that high.
Other people playing insanely strong builds does not affect everybody that goes this high, only people who care about what other people are doing.

Just please don’t dilute every discussion on the forum with that topic. There are at least half a dozens threads about that already from the last few days, use those threads. Thank you.

It’s you who keeps making assumptions and pretends everything is about ward.

When I said “when the game is in a better spot” I include the other side of the spectrum.
Players who’s specs are riddled with bugs, item duping, players unable to progress the game, the list goes on.

After all that is solved wouldn’t mind Mr Heavy complaining that he doesn’t get enough items.