Mono reset with boss farm items - PLEASE change!

I still think LE is following the right path. Luckly we won’t be able to have easy access to everything all the time so the game won’t lose it’s mistery hence I don’t believe any game should please every kind of player. I still remember D2:LoD MF runs. Man I’ve never dropped a WF myself…but still loved it. There it is, I loved D2:LoD because there were unique monsters with uniques drops over the maps. Perhaps the mechanics are too rigid to make the player run the MoF time and time again. I can already see myself not getting stimulated enough to chase the MoFs repeatedly. That’s the main catch of ARPGs…it’s a close to impossible situation creating the perfect environment in which players wouldn’t get bored of so easily. I loved to know the names of the mobs when facing them just like the good old days playing D2 LoD. Now I don’t even bother about it because it’s just not interesting enough. There is no strong plot behind it.

Bro,

Don’t express you frustration here. The testers and devs will get passive/aggressive with you.
if you get ticked off by that, you get banned.

I know this cuz I have experienced this. Just hang in there, try to happily persevere. I hope you get ur item.

Apparently not. :slight_smile:

been there and had the banning. you also get posts removed just randomly expressing things.

Can we all just calm down a bit. We hear the feedback about this for sure! We’re working on making this feel better soon. Please be civil when talking to each other.

Thank you!

5 Likes

THANKS SINCERELY, sorry I’m on try #17 for this item and CURRENT reset system is frankly driving me insane - you don’t want NEW players to go thru this, trust me. If I wasn’t already in love with the game I’d have walked away dozens of my hundreds of hours ago.

LASTLY, all I do is rush the mono finish this way, so this defeats the non-RUSH RUSH gameplay you guys are on record of advocating. ALL I DO is rush. I pickup almost NOTHING. All I want is my ITEM from BOSS.

1 Like

Indeed, we are also aware of the ‘rush to objective’ feedback. But that’s not so easy to fix.

4 Likes

The drop rate for empowered unique from boss is fine. Its meant to be rare since its only obtainable in the empowered time line. but the problem currently is getting to the boss to farm it that is the tedious part. If somehow you guys can speed that up a bit, I have no issues with farming the boss 20+ for an item.

1 Like

I still believe that many people do not use the system efficiently.

You can literally repeat the boss every 15-20 echoes in a standard empowered Monolith if you developed your echo web a little bit.

With some minimal corruption you can decrease this to below 15 echoes.

Is this really that long or tedious?

I saw alot of people do just the inner part of the echo web, where an echo only gives 20 timelinstability, this obviously takes way longer and I can see people being annoyed by that.

But as I said, this is people not utilizing the system properly.

1 Like

true what you said, I’ve always just stick to one route of a timeline to get the most instability. but eventually all the little branches becomes shades and your choice of modifiers become severly limited. That’s why people are then force to do the inner web echoes to try and find another route that doesnt lead to a shade. maybe a reset web button without adding more corruption but keeping the highest stability you’ve reached in a web and continue from there. :man_shrugging:

If you are unlucky and all paths are blocked by shades early, you can still travel sideways a little bit until you can go deeper again.

You never need to start from the starting point. So a reset button is simply unnecessary IMO.

Also people need to understand that the system is meant to not be infinite.
It is totally normal to get shades everywhere.

Simply traverse the outer edge until you discover a path deeper into the echo web.

You sometimes get lucky and sometimes get unlucky.

1 Like

I finally got my ‘Wings of Argentus’ today, this is what I learnt:

• It took me 9 Empowered Runs (7 Swords, 2 Relics, 1 Chest) - i’m sure some people are farming this on normal without realising

• I got the 1h Sword AND the Wings of Argentus in the same encounter so perhaps its a separate loot table.

• Obviously you need a character that is strong even without the chestpiece… I ran a few on my mage first and it was very frustrating being 1-shot on an important echo location. But with my Bleed Pally with about 2.1k Health, I rarely died, but you do need to be careful…

• As with the advice above, dont reset… and save the quest echos to run all 3 in a row… ie. just farm random echos you want and open up as many Beacons as possible… then when you get to around 700 or 800 instability… run the quests & run the beacons to wipe all the modifiers… or most of them… and kill God Hunter… then do it again, only reset the monolith if youve kind of exhausted a lot of the beacons.

• There is a super rare echo that undoes all your completed echos… DONT run that… you have to re-do every echo from the centre again… the only advantage is you can see where you are going, but you get all those modifiers again. Only use it if you have some great exalated echos you want to re-run.

• I actually started to enjoy the farm in the end… like I was getting faster at clearing empowered echos… it used to take me 2 nights… after a while maybe down to a few hours…

• The part id like changed is if you fail an echo… make it that you lose the reward OR the Instability… but not both… its too mean! And it really disincentives re-running that echo. Remember that people who are dieing are already having a hard time, and it feels like they get punished twice.

3 Likes

Yes normal and empowered drop from a separate loot table

You have 2 points from where you can start: The Vessel Of Memory itself OR the starting point

We finally have an impactful penalty, that not only cost you time but also rewards. Please keep that, it’s perfect.

What I mean is the Chest and 1h Sword both dropped on the same kill (I got both at once), which is either a bug, or they aren’t on the same loot table.

When you die (particularly late) in an echo… you get penalised 3 times:

1. Your Time: You have to redo the whole thing over
  2. Your Loot: You get nothing for redoing it
  3. More of your Time: You dont even get the Instability build up, for the Monolith so now you have to do another Echo as well just to get to the same point.

Choose any 2 of those penalties is fine, but all 3 just makes me want to go do something else.

1 Like

Yes, the normal drops (sword/relic for Argentus) are rolled separately to the empowered-only chest. This is how it’s supposed to work.

#2 isn’t correct, you still get the big chest (with drops based on the number of mobs you killed), you just don’t get the bonus reward.

2 Likes

As i said, they are on seperate loot tables and both roll individually^^

As Llama already pointed out #2 is not correct, you only lose the guaranteed fixed rewards from the echo.

While these are incredibly valueable, they are only a small fraction of the total loot earned in MoF (especially when you are already deep into it with high % increasd item rarity).

Or just improve your build, play saver, play slower or be mindful of how difficult you make the echoes.

It’s all in the players hand to increase and decrease the difficulty.

1 Like

Just an idea but why wouldn’t you make the objectives like three separate objectives similar to quest echoes then if you complete all three you get x number percent chance of upgrading all rewards or something like rare to exalted for you know like 2% or something, that would get a hell of a lot more people completing full maps instead of just rush single objective.

Another idea is to have like a bar that fills up that so you can visually see kind of that you’re making progress toward upgraded rewards or something along those lines that would be super valuable and very encouraging to complete and kill more mobs as opposed to just rush objective.

Like every x% of the map you clear you get y% chance for “improved” loot?

1 Like

Yep and make it a visual indication as you progress I think it would go a long way for completion

Those sound like good ideas to me

1 Like