Migration to Steam

it looked pretty intentional to me and it also looked definitive that i would not get a refund by this statement

I am very sorry, however, we will not be able to offer a refund in this instance

it did not say “may” or “might” not, it was “will not”. how would you take that?

Steam said something alongthose lines to me three times when I wanted to refund a game I played longer then 2 hours and guess what… the forth time did the charm and i got my money back. Keep trying and keep explaining. That’s 10 minutes of your day.

on top of it you can now even point out that a dev of the game was intrested in the topic so they might want to offer you a bit more then “Nah! Won’t happen!” in corporate talk.

If this was a hill to die on for me i would open up a ticket again and again untill they finaly make sense or at least sound like they care.

I haven’t seen the emails or the support request so I’m purely going off of this thread.

Here’s what I think happened:

• The timing is coincidental.
  • They answered your first email.
  • They closed the issue because they didn’t expect a reply.
  • You replied.
  • The system automatically sent out the survey reply at the same time.
  • The reply didn’t get seen because of the timing.

Here’s my advice with my “player hat” on:

• Send a support ticket with all the details.
  • Ask them to reconsider.
  • Tell them about the extenuating circumstances.
  • Ask them to check if your account has logged in since that announcement went out (if you didn’t migrate to steam, you haven’t).

If you don’t want to do that, then I’m sorry, I can’t help.

5 Likes

Id recommend keep trying, while support can have issues, if you persist and make enough noise long enough, my experience is it’ll eventually get pushed up the chain and somethign will be sorted out. Sucks that it can take so long for support to do things, but relative to other studios, it’s kinda just the norm. And like macknum said, you now have a dev having given you the same response.

I’d also recommend including the original support ticket number in anything new. [removed by staff].

Then if they still refuse to give a refund, make sure to update everyone that they didn’t, so if someone else has the same situation, they don’t feel alone etc…

Hmmm, can they do that? :thinking:
When I was trying to get the traveler’s backpack I had to provide proof that I was playing way before 0.9, apparently they wouldn’t see the login dates.

[Not blaming support, they were fine on that occasion, I always assumed it was simply Valve not giving them access to the data.]

We can tell if an account has been migrated to steam or not yet. If it hasn’t been migrated to steam then we know they haven’t logged in since the steam switch went 100%.

So I know that we can kinda tell one way for this one cutoff that just so happens to line up with their event.

I’m not sure if they can check the actual log in dates but you can use another thing and logic to get enough info in this specific situation at least.

2 Likes

I bought game directly on steam but still I need to connect or move my account to steam. I have open steam app, also I’ve linked my mial and stlii I can’t play. It’s says update your account

@Zietek I’m having the same issue and i have had the game for awhile. Perhaps something is going on server side?

Same here - I guess glad its not localized - an announcement would be nice.

I’ve only been offline for ~1 hour so it could be really recent

Damn, hope I eventually can play this game, hoope soo

same issue.

Same Issue

Same issue! :frowning:

@EHG_Kain @EHG_Mike Has anything been reported via support?

There was an announcement made regarding this issue a couple minutes before you posted

Same issue. Tried Reinstalling, did not fix. Was playing this morning fine.

The issue has been posted in Steam discussion channel

I cant access my account. getting message saying i need to migrate my account but i have already did so. when i launch game from steam. it bring up i need to update my account and steam is now required. if anybody can help with this i would applicate it. Thank you in advance

1 Like

Last Epoch is currently down due to a Steam service outage. Services should resume as soon as Steam is back up and running. Apologies for the inconvenience.

3 Likes