Micro-Stuttering when moving

Hello. So I returned to LE wanting to try it out again since i did not give it a good try last time.
But in the first area upon starting a new character, i get these “micro” stutters while moving, which is unplayable (for some maybe not for me) i notice it immediately. if standing still and fightning, no issues. I updated windows, new drivers, reinstalled the game, changed settings around, and nothing fixes it. it runs consistently at 60fps ish which i also think is quite low for my PC specs
i attached some files…
hope this is fixable, otherwise i cant play the game
DxDiag.txt (93.3 KB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (478 Bytes)

Hey… Welcome to the forums…

As you obviously know, LE is in beta and has performance related issues - mostly because the devs havent gotten to optimising the game too much yet - no point in optimising things that are going to change or even be removed later… This unfortunately does mean that the game doesnt perform as it could or as people might expect it to on their hardware and because of this some assumptions are made and problems happen…

You have done the usual re drivers etc that are recommended so I will assume that the issue is related to the performance of the game rather than a specific bug/driver issue or other problem.

The way to get around this until the game is more optimised is to be conservative with the in-game settings, use some specific settings for best performance/stability and to make sure that you dont do certain things while trying to play.

So… looking at your dxdiag…

Your CPU is fine and unlikely to be the cause of anything provided you are not running anything else that is CPU intensive in the background.

Your GPU is fine but you need to understand that you are trying to play the game in Ultra settings with everything maxed out @1440p and you are expecting it to get more than 60fps. This is, imho, unrealistic with the game in the state it is right now. I run a 1060 and I play on very low settings @1080p with an average FPS of around 50fps… I can play at 100fps or use Higher settings with similar fps, but then the game has lots of instability - crashes, freezes, stuttering all happen if I dont be conservative.

People playing on 2080s dont generally use your settings (at least not all maxed out) at 1440p. Only people playing with 3080s (or equivalent) with newer CPUs tend to max out settings like you have @ higher resolutions…

Another issue here is that while giving the game full reign in terms of settings, you are also not limiting the framerate right now - so LE will max out your GPU usage whenever it can (sometimes for no apparent reason like opening your Stash). By limiting the framerate, this prevents your GPU from being continually maxed out and obviously this prevents it thermal throttling, sounding like a rocket ship and generally improves stability/game “smoothness” (fps spikes/stuttering) in LE because the GPU has some headroom to handle what the game throws at it. Lets face it, you dont need ultra high framerates in an aRPG game anyway - at least no where near what you would need in a first person shooter. In your case, vsync would serve no purpose (165hz monitor is too high to help) so I would recommend you enable a framerate limit in game.

Obviously there are lots of ways of finding out what settings and combinations thereof will work on your specific hardware for a trade off of performance, visual quality and stability… It all depends on your personal experience in dealing with PC games/hardware etc…

The simplest way is to set the game to its lowest possible setting/resolution and work your way up from there incrementally to find whatever config you are happy with playing the game at and that is stable.

Lastly… a few more items:

• Your Diagnostic section in your dxdiag file (end of the file) shows lots of Windows update errors & Failures… You need to check these and make sure that your windows update is working properly… This is important because there are sometimes hotfixes that Microsoft drops that can cause problems (like the one from April that affected a lot of games FPS) and if the updates are not working properly then it could be that your system hasnt replaced or rolled back a problem update.

• The games that are showing RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 RADAR_PRE_LEAK_WOW64 etc are not usually a problem - this is Windows saying that the app running didnt handle its memory management properly… Usually these errors are just informative rather than indicating a major problem.

• Lastly… make sure that you are not doing anything else on your system while playing LE… There are quite a few issues with apps causing problems with the game engine (Unity) so its best while testing to temporarily not run anything else. This includes things like graphic overlays(Steam included), streaming, or anything that could potentially be CPU/GPU intensive. Doesnt matter how irrelevant you think it may be, just temporarily dont use it.

I have the same problem with stuttering no matter video settings (low-ultra)/resolution(1024/4K). I have stable 30fps (too low) and that micro stuttering while moving bleeds my eyes. Can’t play the game :roll_eyes:
My spec //Core i7-8700K/ GIGABYTE Z390 D (RTL) LGA1151 //RAM 16 Gb/ 256 Gb SSD + 10 Tb/ 8 Gb GeForce RTX2080 SUPER OC/ Win10 Home//

Hey there, Welcome to the forums…

PLEASE can you post your own thread… Technical support issues are not easy to resolve and most of the time the differences in each persons problem & system setup can make it REALLY hard not to get confused between multiple people on the same thread… Its not like a repeatable bug that can be experienced by everyone because of the same cause…

E.g. someone might have a driver problem and someone else might have a game file corruption problem but its experienced as the same issue for both…

If you want help then please post your own thread and include your player.logs, dxdiag output and le_graphicsmanager.ini file.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.