MG Faction - Item Duping - RMT - Gold Sellers

My apologies, it should be “the plan”.

The problem isn’t with planting more items in the economy because ideally, supply and demand and prices will go down but i’m more afraid of market monitor/auto buy programs aka shop bots are pretty common in this area for a game. If most of the valued demand stuff is constantly taken and abused by the RMT sellers and everyone starts going to worthless and free like LP1 and some LP2, the economy there is, if you even consider there is, will decline ever more making the game because boring sooner than later.

In the sense of this, we might as well get easier way to item drop but then that would ruin the mmo part for me and many others.

They need to decide if they are trying to be a self found < 10k player game or a mmo > 10k player game for years to come.

well I am not joining CoF, I am sure your gear in CoF is great and you enjoy Lp1-Lp2 items.

Half of my gear is Lp3/lp4 with perfect rolls, I bought them before the prices started to go ballistic.

Thanks to my gear, I oneshot many bosses in this game, and generall am comfortable until 1500 corruption.

wow you are so cool

1 Like

I am not sure what you even want at this point. You say that bots which have farmed favor are going to run auto buy programs with their farmed favor to buy out high end items they cannot resell?

Why would bots give the gold which they are farming for their business to players for free? (IE Buying goods from players’ gives the player the gold bots farmed to sell to the player for free). Everyone won’t be in LP1 and LP2 items if you increase rewards from monsters what will happen is prices will fall since you increase the supply.

Bots and RMT sites don’t care what items cost they will just adjust the price of gold they sell to match their expected earnings. What needs to be done is for prices to be reduced to the point where farming gold is feasible by a player and not required to be done by a bot. This can be accomplished by introducing more player acquired items which increases the supply.

Dear Diary,

Today I beat 2 billion corruption, this is the proudest day in my life. I hope my mother bakes me an extra special dessert today.

1 Like

Yes, the idea is to not let others get a hold of the items. This makes the items more rare. The rarer a item is, the more it is worth. Gold was the most profitable but items are even worth more, to the point where gold cannot buy. It’s already at that point where the max you can fetch is 1.5 bil from a sale.

A 3 LP , low-med roll can already sell for that so if you get something better? Yeah, it will fetch for more than that obviously but u can’t list it… People will bring it to 3rd parties if they had intention. Botters are able to farm and sell better from doing this.

Besides, RMAH sellers are weird, they go where the current bag($$$) is. They don’t care how fast or slow it ruins a game, they aren’t trying to make a stable income as they know they will always be on the top to providing. If gold is worth less, that just also means they’ll have more. Whether or not the demand for customers seeking for it is the same or what not, doesn’t matter, they will still be the lead provider.

Bots buyout BiS items to put it on their characters that continue botting. They run the show, it doesn’t hurt them as much as you think. They help a few selected players get rich while there are still tens of thousands of players still playing.

You’ll be surprised at how many people actually buy not just gold but items, accounts, and others as well. Back in D2, runes were main currency but perfect made rolls and rare items sold just as well. For this game, gold currency will just keep plummeting but the value of BiS items will not, at least not at the same rate as gold.

That can work or not but it depends on other circumstances that can affect this matter. At the end, the main issue is the bots and gold exploits in general. There should not be anywhere close to the surplus of gold we have now on the server.

Do you run a RMT company? How do you know this? But let’s say this is true. A BIS item for a meta build (which a bot would be using) goes for around 500m (if not more). 500 million after checking a RMT site is $41.75.

So, you are saying BOTs are spending $375.75 to put BIS items in 9 slots PER BOT? Calculating in that I’m sure they run these bots as disposable since they get banned all the time.

I am beginning to understand you really just don’t understand economics. I am not sure I can help you.

It doesnt matter what the market current is. What does it matter if 500 mil = XX ? They are holding 10000mil and are spending whats just sitting there. If they control all the BiS items, the demand will grow more when people reach there and like I’ve mentioned, they would be forced to either find it themselves, just not have it, camp and get lucky to snatch it from market or trade, or look to a 3rd party to orbtain it.

You keep calculating how much they are using to equip something but to them, it’s priceless because of the surplus that they hold. It isn’t putting a hold on their business becuase they don’t have the product to give.

So gold, which is the product of their entire business, is priceless to them? I understand at your job they may let you eat the left-over fries in the fryer once you serve the order but in most businesses their products have both an opportunity cost and wholesale cost. If they are using their product (gold) as a business expense, then the worth of gold to them is the loss of revenue from selling it (IE the $375.75 the gold would sell for).

You act as if EHG themselves is just giving them infinite gold. Gold takes time to farm even by a bot, so their business requires they maximize the cost of operation against the rate of product creation. In no way would it make business sense to do anything with their gold but sell it as that is the entire structure of their business.

Hand him a teeny tiny violin?

If hes got RNG problems I feel bad for him son. I got 99 problems but Lightless Arbor aint one.

1 Like

Gold is not the entire and only part of their business. How is it priceless if they are selling every minute? As long as they can always supply when customers need it, it works. Sure, there are obstacles that affect prices just like I mentioned that will bring the gold value down possibly but that just means they have to sell more gold and people will seek more because of inflation.

The most important part is that they are always able to sell and provide. Does matter if 1mil is worth $10 or 100mil is worth $10, they are always going to be at the top supplying. Item’s will inflate in price. On the other hand, they aren’t just botting gold but also items. BiS items cannot put a gold price on it since you can only sell at the limit (1.5B). People will pay top dollar for items just like gold.

You are also talking about having insurance and stuff like if they get banned and lose out but its like saying, what if the server gets wiped or new season comes out and they are stuck with useless no demand goods?

Once again, as long as they are always able to sell to the demand and supply, they can do whatever they want and it will not hurt them as you make it sound.

I cannot fathom that you honestly believe RMT companies have unlimited supplies of gold to fulfill infinite potential demand. When bots get banned, they are a business expense so why would they make that expense even greater by equipping that BOT with BIS items using gold when they can sell the gold and make it a profit rather than expense?

Dude, you really need to read up on business and economics before you start trying to speculate on what companies do. You are just fear mongering. I am not sure I can continue this discussion with you as you just don’t seem to understand anything about anything.

If you think real RMT gaming businesses run out of gold, you are mistaken. The price of the market price for RMT is set at a rate where they will never run out, at least not to the point where they cannot operate.

It’s not mandatory to equip all the bots with BiS items but i’m just saying I see that as a way to controlling the market and helping their business run with the current state of the economy where gold is it’s main currency.

I mean I met people that run RMAH in diablo 2 before for years so say what you want. I simply am pointing out some pros and cons that I see but you are only looking at it in one perspective.

You know what? Sure, you’re right RMT companies have infinite gold and never have to deal with supply or demand. I am also sure they buy ALL the items on the market and did not call your mother after they took her on a nice lobster dinner.

Are we good now? You sure enough in your ignorance to go back to playing LE and leave the forums alone?

Its funny how you are getting your butt hurt, stop replying then rather than get your feelings hurt.

Lol, it’s like you are following a template for how to troll. You can check off “insult the debator (I am a master debator after all)” off your list. I am not butt hurt I am in COF and do not deal with the trade economy nor do I care about how much inflation is in it.

I was attempting to explain to you how the economy works in LE and correct any of your misunderstandings. You don’t want to learn or be right though you just want to argue apparently so go argue with whomever. It just won’t be me because there’s nothing, I can do to educate you.

~Yours Forever

Killah2227

For someone that doesn’t deal with the economy, sure doesn’t know about it. I’m sure your stocks are doing lovely.

I see exactly what you are debating about but you obviously refuse to see it from any other perspectives.

It doesn’t matter if something is cheaper. Cheaper doesn’t equal better if the currency has lower value.
Yes, more items = cheaper market prices but it also = lower currency value as vice versa with less items = more expensive on market = higher currency value.

Do you know why the US dollar keeps going down? Government keeps printing. Inflation is real

I am the strongest being in the observable universe. You may not even fanthom things, I have already beaten.

I think your looking at this all wrong from what he is saying.

Because the rareity is so high, keeping the market starved of items help them generate additional sales. At the same time it helps their bots generate additional gold. It seems clear that EHG is only banning gold advertisers and not the actual sellers, so the risk to equip bots with BiS is extremely low compared to the additional profit they will generate