Merchant's Guild item search really needs work

It’s incredibly frustrating to have player-to-player trade enabled in the game and have the item search functionality be this under-developed this far after release.

If I select affixes to search by, I’m forced to search for ALL of them, and they all have to be the same tier or higher. What if I’m happy with T5 increased critical strike chance but require at least T7 elemental resistance? I’m stuck having to scroll through the items that have T5+ on both, and then try to locate the ones with T7 elemental resistance.

Idols only have 1 tier of modifier on them, so we can’t search for specific minimally-acceptable values of affixes on idols.

We can’t search for items by the values of their implicit rolls, only the base type.

We can’t set minimum values of specific mods to search for on any item, which is particularly frustrating if a specific unique has a specific unique modifier that we need to be of a certain minimum value.

To add insult to injury, it’s a huge pain to price check uniques because, not only do we have all of the restrictions above, we also can’t check them from a single vendor, so we’re running all the way around the zone to find the correct vendor to price check the thing only to find out that it wasn’t worth picking up.

The system actually works fantastically to restrict people from just sitting in the market… afk botting the market is virtually impossible due to favor requirements… we don’t need all of these other hurdles that prevent us from actually being able to trade effectively.

At least having a trade API for searching items for effective price checks would be a fantastic start to making this less painful.

9 Likes

I want a filter to search only for items I can actually buy with my current rank. It’s really annoying during the first push into a new cycle that any time I want to buy a Unique, I have to add 0 LP and Unique rarity restrictions to every single search until my rank is high enough to buy LP and/or Legendary items.

2 Likes

Yes, and this shouldn’t even be a filter thing… It should be by default.
Only show things you’re able to buy with ur current rank.

Nah, I think it’s a valid use case to be able to “look ahead” to something you want to buy in the future to see what it’s going to cost you.

Then they could add a filter to show things you’re not able to buy yet… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seems more logical to me. Since majority of people will be mainly looking for items they can buy right away, a filter for those who wish to look for things they cannot buy yet would make more sense than the other way around.

You can filter to item rarity “unique” after selecting the specific unique. This will filter out legendaries.

The point is that that should be default to happen if you can’t buy Legendary items yet.

Hence instead of opt-out a opt-in way of displaying the listings.

This is so entirely beside the point. You’re complaining about the default view of a filter that exists.

The point of this thread is that many basic item search functions don’t even exist and they really need to in order for trade to not be completely terrible.

Agreed, and until the implementation which hasn’t made it into the beginning of 1.1 comes up - and has been said to come sometime soon during this cycle - we don’t even know which things will be fixed.

As for the list of stuff which has been found:

• Missing affixes especially with idols
  • No option to ‘sub filter’ after choosing a category. Want to find the highest ‘% Health’ affix roll available but the cheapest of those? No chance.
  • Follow up: No secondary Affix filtering, so when you have the ‘% Health’ chosen then a second one following that to be sub-priority to that. so haven ‘x-Affix’ first then ‘y-Affix’ second as sorting.
  • Hinges directly on allowing even 2 different tiered affixes to be searched in the first place which you’ve mentioned already.
  • No One-click gold claim option
  • No Auto-sorting of unclaimed listing topmost
  • No Quick-check function for gear which directly engages with the Bazaar (Click on item, choose if base is important, Affixes by priority, see which is the lowest listings available to check if item is even worth selling)
  • Wrong priority on baseline display options, nobody needs newest to oldest. Price is important for people.
  • No Implicit search as you’ve mentioned.
  • No ‘general’ way of display overall listing, as you’ve mentioned.
  • Follow up: Access listing from Stash to even see if you want to go and change zones to the Bazaar in the first place, interaction only at the Bazaar.
  • Re-listing items not being possible, costing Favor again to change the price.

As for the ‘favor requirement’ and ‘afk botting’…
That’s not even an option since bought items can’t be resold anyway, so that by itself takes care of all major issues related to that, Favor or not.

So yes, going to things ‘besides the point’ is entirely fine with this topic since we’ve gone through it repeatedly, in detail, for several months now. So adding ‘little things’ like what was mentioned is more worthwhile the regurgitating the already said things over and over.

Not to include the overall Rank setup of MG which is a mess since it doesn’t work to establish a healthy player-driven environment or the lack of taxation as a resource sink, the lack of scaling favor prices which makes favor basically worthless and only serves as a listing limiter… which does the job badly. A limited listing setup (so mac 200 listing as an example) would also take care of the prevalent ‘0 gold’ listing which we have a lot now and utterly destroy a healthy market environment on top… led into it since people still think - as it’s badly communicated - that selling items does increase rep rather then simply spending the Favor.
We could also talk about the negative effect of the usage of Gold as a resource on other mechanics like Lightless Harbour which hence becomes senseless to use since it relies on the same resource and the steep price-point (which was meant as a resource sink) hence doesn’t act to work in the initially intended capacity anymore.

There’s a lot more which has been mentioned over time as well, can’t think it up right away… but here you go, a bit more comprehensive.

So yes, the opt-in displaying definitely is something which hasn’t been mentioned on the other hand so here you go, add it to the list. New stuff for a change.

1 Like

Yeah. I said that. It’s annoying that I have to.

Please read things before replying to them.

1 Like

How about YOU read the actual post of the topic. This isn’t about “I have to click a button and then search, that’s SO ANNOYING” - this is about basic search functionality that doesn’t exist.

Path of Exile’s trade system is terrible, but at least the search, filter, and sort functions on their trade website is effective, and they enable API calls so it’s easy to price check as you’re playing. It just seems super weird that they would do this incredibly bare-bones implementation when the ability to do all of this already exists as part of the loot filter.

Last Epoch basically implemented the chinese trading version for Path of Exile. They have automated trading! Just no search function.

The point was to prove that proper functionality + automation is the thing which will still work out.
For now EHG failed with that, it’s a shoddy mess still, they need to fix it simply. 1.0 was excused since it’s the first version - and they should’ve not let some of the stuff happen there nonetheless, which I’ll hold against them since it did, as one should - but when it persists through 1.1 or even 1.2 then it’s a problem which is becoming major rather then minor.

I thought that was in the console version of PoE as well?

Or console? Could be that that’s the case instead. I don’t play either in China or on console to be fair :stuck_out_tongue:

Last Epoch basically implemented the chinese trading version for Path of Exile. They have automated trading! Just no search function.

The Chinese and console clients all have search. This is just straight up false.

They do not care about Merchant’s Guild, I would not expect any resource time to be spent on the Bazaar. I doubt they will address MG or the economy again until the dupe in 1.2.

The post regarding the gold dupe tells us everything we need to know. They disabled the dupe, did nothing to stabilize the economy, and plan on doing nothing because “it will stabilize on its own”.

I love this game, and I will 100% return for 1.2 but future me will be smart enough to avoid Merchant’s Guild

1 Like

I thought they had a search that was less functional than the PC one? On the PC you can search for the most specific items you want but I thought it was far more limited on the console version?

Just because they haven’t dropped everything & fixed the issue of the excess gold doesn’t mean they don’t care. This is a rather childish view.

Possibly, but short of being able to remove all of the duped gold without just resetting anything, I’m not sure what they could/should do that wouldn’t make things worse.

Yeah, I don’t think this stance is the correct one.

Providing a ‘category’ is not a search menu.

If you got 100k amethyst rings available then you can’t realistically find that mirror-tier ring in-between all of those. That’s just not a realistic thing.

Hence LE has barely functional searching. Why barely functional? Because we can search for an Affix… also as the second layer the tier of that affix. At where it ends. For ‘special’ choices we have rarity, FP/LP/Weaver as well as prefix/suffix open count.
For a system with that complexity? That’s garbage.

Now why am I saying it’s garbage?
Imagine the system being actually very well used with a high amount of players which put in high amounts of time and list as many items as possible.
So a category having 50k+ listings for each affix on each base (as an example).

Now… you’re playing since a bit, you actually wanna buy an upgrade since finding one becomes hard. You got this fantastic chest piece with 2 LP… and you realize it’ll give you build an amazing boost but only if you got T5 crit reduction on it… as well as needing +3 (t6) level of summon skeleton.

You could craft it! So you search for T6 level… way one.

Or… you could outright buy it. But how do you find it? You got 50k pieces with +3 Level to Summon Skeletons! And you need minimum T5 Crit reduction. You could find it on page 1… or all of the maybe 5-10 of those in that combination are on the absolute… last… site.

It’s not a functional search method hence

So no, PoE in comparison has a market with categories, search is missing.
And LE’s search is a rather unfunny joke.

1.1 mid-cycle gets a promised UI rework.

If they don’t get this together I’m out until they fix MG, I want to play via trading and I don’t like my time being wasted by them screwing up with having the market break down because they don’t understand how one works.

‘Less functional’ is not even describing it. ‘I want a chestpiece of base xyz’ is all you can do. Good luck finding a 6-linked one and then with the right stats for you. It’s not working at all.

Ya, filtring on every affix separate and much more will be nice for MG, especially is very annoying when we are checking prices for our drops. Default or liking option will be nice too - I mean situation, where I don’t have rank 9 yet and I must filter for LP 0-0 every time.