Menus do no open after disabling filter

I downloaded a loot filter but, decided to swap to another build. When I went into setting and set the filter option to “no filter” and closed the menu the items appear as normal however: no menus in game would open. For example the menu for the item shop wouldn’t open, any hotkeys/manual tab for menus (forge, character stats, passives, etc) wouldn’t work either. I assumed I had done something wrong and pressed escape to go back and correct it but, that menu wouldn’t open either.
I used Alt f4 to close the game then proceeded relaunch and the menus once again opened. I then turned on the new loot filter and it worked with 0 issues but, due to characters low level I decided to turn the filter completely off instead of using toggle key as nearly all gear that dropped was an upgrade and the same thing happened again.
Player.log (316.7 KB)
Player-prev.log (235.9 KB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (475 Bytes)
Processing: temp…

Hey there… Welcome to the forums…

From the look of things the filter file you have used is corrupted or simply incorrect xml… The log contains Filter Rule entry problems preceeding crash notifications and other errors.

I expect that if you delete all the filter files from the filter folder, you should stop having these issues. The filer folder is in the following location on windows systems.

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch

Obviously delete the filters before running the game - not while its running.

Additional Info: after looking through your player.log I also see quite a few other errors that are related to graphical and sound related items… Some of them are typically noted if you try and run the game on settings higher than it can handle on your hardware… Others are odd and could be transient errors that dont repeat or maybe something like some messed up install files or outdated/problem GPU drivers.

I would recommend that you:

1. Dont run the game on Ultra. Honestly, imho, there really isnt that much of a visual difference between High/Very High and Ultra, but stability and performance will be improved.

2. Verify the Game Files via Steam - just to make sure the install is ok.

3. Make sure your GPU drivers are recent (last 3 months) and are installed with a CLEAN install.

Up to you, but from the logs, the game isnt entirely a happy camper right now.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.