Maximum Spin to Win! Indestructible Bleed Warpath Paladin 0.8.2f

Hi guys,

once again I present you another Warpath build I made for the current patch. Since Armour was signficantly buffed in 0.8.2, I decided to capitalize on that and take boardman’s Bleed Paladin on another big spin. What does it bring?

• Well over 10k Armour while fighting :heavy_check_mark: (We could reach 15k or more, but honestly after ~9k it becomes quite inefficient to keep stacking Armour)
  • Almost 75% Block chance with over 70% damage reduction :heavy_check_mark:
  • Another 40% flat damage reduction by Wings of Argentus :heavy_check_mark:
  • 100% Crit Avoidance :heavy_check_mark:
  • 2k Health :heavy_check_mark:
  • Good leech and pretty much a full heal everytime you kill ANYTHING :heavy_check_mark:
  • 60% Endurance :heavy_check_mark:
  • Frailty on Hit for further up to 18% damage reduction :heavy_check_mark:
  • Resist cap :heavy_check_mark:
  • High movement speed for fast farming :heavy_check_mark:
  • Maximum Spin to win, and I do mean it! Every skill spins! Spinning shields, spinning Holy Sigils, Spinning Aura animation, Warpath and Volatile Reversal spins back time itself! :heavy_check_mark:
  • (Optionally) Aurora’s Time Glass for another huge layer of defence :heavy_check_mark:
  • And last but not least… very good DPS for a build as tanky as this one :heavy_check_mark::heavy_check_mark::heavy_check_mark:

There even is some decent Ward generation when blocking (which happens all the time), so the build truly utilizes every defensive layer there is… apart from Dodge, screw that, we’re tanking the hits like true men!

Interested? I bloody hope so! You can find the build here:

Note that since lastepochtools isn’t perfect yet, it won’t take into account most of the stats and resistances gained passively by your skills, like Holy Aura, or the insane amount of Armour and Block Effectiveness the Ring of Shields provide.

Alternative for Arena

This version introduces one of the awesome new Uniques, the Aurora’s Time Glass. It’s very rare, but if you happen to find one, this introduces another valuable defensive layer. Since it conveniently has Endurance on it, the only other piece you have to replace are the gloves for Grusader Gauntlets, for the Void Resistance implicit. Also replace the Hybrid Health for Frailty on Hit. You’ll lose some Physical Penetration and Damage, but the Aurora at least supplements the lost Attack Speed. I would not recommend going this route when farming Monoliths, as far as I can tell you don’t need this extra layer of protection there and should rather go with the higher DPS version. Also removed the Movementspeed nodes from Warpath in favor of some Time Rot Chance for some little extra damage reduction, which makes more sense than Speed in Arena in my opinion.

Lootfilter
https://pastebin.com/3GJxvQu1
Warning, I set it up very strict. It hides almost everything you don’t need for this specific build! White and Grey items are for shattering. The white ones have rare Affixes, mostly +1 on skill level for any skill in the game. Grey items have at least 17 Tiers in total which just makes them good for getting all kinds of Shards over time, feel free to adjust the number of Tiers required yourself. Violet items have very rare affixes required for this build and should also be shattered for the shards. Blue items are potential canidates for the build and have at least 1 desired stat on at least T3, or T2 for some rarer items. Those can then be used for crafting the specific items you need for the build. The Shield and a specific exalted Axe are highlighted red. The Axe MIGHT be better than Undisputed if it has all the right and very high Tiers and rolls that I specified in the filter. Idols keep their original Color, but you’ll only see Idols with potentially useful stats. All Uniques, Set items and Exalted items will be shown.

Gameplay wise, well it really isn’t too complicated. You can put Ring of Shields on autocast and forget about it, or press it once it comes off cooldown every 15 seconds. It actually lasts 16 seconds so you’ll have 100% uptime. You can either ignore the Sigils as well and let them spawn on their own thanks to the Last Wish node, or you quickly press it 4 times in a row and then immediately use Volatile Reversal to get all your mana back! This guarantees Sigil uptime, even when fighting bosses. Speaking of Volatile Reversal, you want to use it as often as possible, but at least once every 4 seconds. It applies insane debuffs to enemies which more than double your damage output, as well as granting you 30% Attack Speed and even gives you your Mana spent on the Ring of Shields back every time! Holy Aura can be completely ignored as well if you wish so, but you might as well activate it every now and then when fighting bosses. No worries, your buffs won’t go away if the active part of the skill is on cooldown. Otherwise you should always be spinning, not only because you’re gaining more movement speed while doing so, you’re also getting a chunk of your Elemental Resistances and Armour.

Passives, most should be self explanatory. I picked up the majority of the Resistance nodes, every piece of Block Chance I could find, one point in Holy Symbol just to keep triggering the Prayer passive (the healing itself really isn’t needed, Undisputed and the leech keep you capped all the time) and the rest is just stats.

Idols, lastepochtools still uses the old layout, but basically you just want stuff that improves your Bleed. Bleed on hit is always great, Bleed Duration is amazing, Physical Damage (over time and flat) is good and you can also plug resist holes with the 1x1 and 2x1 idols.

Monolith Mods, there isn’t anything that comes to my mind that you absolutely cannot deal with. I would recommend though to avoid the Dodge and Less Damage at High Health Mods if possible, since those make the Monos quite a slogfest. Marked for Death should also be respected as you’re not overcapped everywhere, but the tank should still hold fine overall. Health Regenerated when not Hit recently should absolutely be avoided when planning to fight a boss soon, as this mod can make some bosses pretty much impossible to beat. Since you’re Crit Avoidance capped, its best to pick Mods which increase Crit Chance as this is nullified by the Avoidance.

Tips

• If you’re still gearing up and want a quick fix for your resists, there’s a Suffix for the Shield which increases ALL Resistances
  • Since we have 15 points in Forge Guard, you could toy around with Manifest Armor, but personally I dislike it because it dies all the time
  • If you dislike the Sigils of Hope and just want to keep spinning without interruptions until there’s no tomorrow, replace it with Juggernaut Stance. This will reduce your DPS a bit, but makes you even tankier
  • If you manage to get more than ~6000 Block Effectiveness while fighting, you can replace the Dawn Shield base with the Ironglass Base, which has higher Block Chance, but less Effectiveness, which like Armour suffers from huge diminishing returns after a while, so at some point you rather want the extra Chance instead.

As I already said, this build was inspired by Boardman’s Bleed Paladin build. If you have questions, feel free to ask!

Edit 1 - C̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶i̶l̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶r̶i̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶S̶t̶r̶e̶n̶g̶t̶h̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶c̶r̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶B̶l̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶D̶a̶m̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶%̶A̶r̶m̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶i̶n̶c̶r̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶t̶h̶ ̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶D̶a̶m̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶T̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶%̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶e̶a̶d̶.̶ ̶B̶u̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶f̶r̶e̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶S̶t̶r̶e̶n̶g̶t̶h̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶ ̶A̶r̶m̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶r̶e̶g̶a̶r̶d̶l̶e̶s̶s̶,̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶a̶i̶d̶,̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶f̶o̶r̶t̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶~̶9̶k̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶g̶h̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶o̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶e̶f̶f̶i̶c̶i̶e̶n̶t̶.̶ ̶ This is wrong, Strength in fact does increase Bleed damage, thanks @Gilavar for the explanation! I put the Strength back and in return got rid of some overkill Armour% and finally capped Poison Resist. Also optimized some passives and skillpoints.

9 Likes

liked

Isn’t there an easy solution to that in that just run a carapace shield as your shield base and solve poison by itself?

I wouldn’t recommend Carapace Shield because it has vastly lower Block Chance and Effectiveness, I’d just cut the %Armor from the boots and add the Poison Resist there, or you just use a Humble Idol with Poison Resist, that’s how I cap mine right now.

Here is an alternative, even tankier version:

In the Amulet slot you equip this new item:

Since it conveniently has Endurance on it, all you have to do in order to cap Void res again is switching the Gauntlet base to Crusader. Since you lose Phys Pen and Damage when using this Unique Amulet, I’d only use it when pushing very high in Arena because you just don’t need so much tank in Monos, at least not at 250 Corruption, I haven’t pushed further yet. In Arenas though this makes you even more invincible and once I completed the build myself and finally reached level 100 I’ll try to push as far as possible, I expect this to rise very high on the ladder.

Kinda. Before it was a build planner (which isn’t updated yet) it was a database!

1 Like

are you sure about that? If a skill applies an ailment then buffs to that skill also buffs the ailment it is applying. At least it is what I was told. For example if a node in Warpath says ‘40% damage increase’ that buffs the bleed DoT Warpath applies. And Strength is technically 4% dmg increase for Warpath.

You’re right with what you’re saying, but that doesn’t apply here. Warpath itself doesn’t apply any Bleed at all (sadly, wish there were some nodes for that). The Bleed is applied “on-hit” by item, idol and some passive effects that do not have anything to do with Warpath directly. That can be done by any skill that hits, Warpath is only the method of distributing hits, but it doesn’t apply Bleed by itself, if that makes sense. At least I’m 99% sure about that, would be nice if a Dev could confirm this? This would be easy if there was some sort of DPS display for Ailments, but there isn’t obviously :frowning:

Edit: According to this: Damage Over Time - Official Last Epoch Wiki
You could actually be right. Though I’m not sure how the 4% is calculated or in other words, would it outweigh Damage over Time%? Like 8 Strength vs. 60% Damage over Time%, what’s better? I suck at those damage calculations.

Actually the same is written in Game Guide in LE. Under the Ailment Mechanics section. That is why I asked if you are sure about Str.

1 Like

Yeah excuse me for being so sure about that, you’re in fact right, I did some more research. Thanks for letting me know! Gonna revert back to Strength then, in return cut some Armour% on the Boots and Shield in favor of more Health and Poison Resist!

1 Like

Hey, nice build. Playing a bleed Paladin myself although always switching between Warpath and Rive as I hav spinned too much in my PoE history and don’t like the channeling style anymore :smiley:

General question for your build (and most bleed builds I saw here): Do you really think undisputed is the best weapon? I can see it as a good start but as far as I see and experienced so far a Nagasa Scymitar can feel a lot better and adds some additional survivability due to the far faster attack rate. Currently running one with T5 inc Phys, T5 attack speed, T5 bleed chance and T2 life on hit.

Here is my current Rive setup and Gear if you want to take a look: Paladin, Level 100 (LE Beta 0.8.2g) - Last Epoch Build Planner

Like I said, a really good Exalted weapon should be even better than Undisputed, but that’s obviously pure RNG and you’ll on average probably see 10 Undisputed drop before you get a decent Exalted weapon with the right stats on it. But I would definitely go with a Welryn Axe base if possible, the extra Bleed chance is much stronger than a bit of DoT%.

Warpath is actually completely replaceable, as long as you find a good substitution to the Wings of Argentus. I plan to make a version of the build using Vengeance soon, as this skill can provide a ton of hits thanks to its Skilltree, while also buffing defenses which might be necessary when losing Wings of Argentus.

I actually progressed this build much further, I have an even tankier version which deals more than double the damage as well and I plan to make it the #1 Sentinel build in Arena. I already got past wave 300 first try with very unoptimized gear and incorrect blessings so I’m optimistic that I can do it :smiley: I will post the updated build once I made it very far in the Arena.

Are you sure about the weapon base? Although you get up to 30% bleed chance you lose also some attack speed. Nagasa is 18% faster and this also means a lot for applying bleed.

Assuming you have ~400% bleed chance you will only get 7.5% more damage from this implicit and even less if you have more bleed.

Comapring to this my attack speed goes from 122 to 157 when swapping to a Nagasa which yields an increase of 28.6% more attack speed. Which increases survivability also and is not including the DoT implicit at all.

Hah, interesting. I never stop learning apparently. Yeah I didn’t factor in that Swords have higher base Attack Speed at all. This should definitely make your base better indeed!

Be careful about my suggestions because I come from PoE and are very new to damage scaling in this game. But at least this is how I assume it should work.

If you have many different sources to increase DPS you should not focus on one but on multiple. To my knowledge this is not true for Phys damage, dot damage or pyhs dot over time as they are all summed up and applied at once. But attack rate should still be an independent factor as well as bleed chance.

I’m not fully sure about bleed effect but I assume it is an individual factor which is applied multiplicative on its own.

Bleed Duration is another unsolved question for me and I haven’t found an answer yet. Does it spread out the damage over more time or is it its own multiplier and just “adds” additional ticks with the same damage at the end?

No I’m 99,99% sure that your weapon would vastly outdamage an Axe. I have in total about 500% chance to bleed on hit, 30% more or less would definitely make much less of an impact than in total about 30-40% more attack speed. I’m pretty sure that even a well rolled non-exalted Scimitar is better than Undisputed.

Regarding Bleed Duration, it indeed adds additional ticks to each stack of bleed, so it is a very valuable stat to have because the damage scaling is basically multiplicative. The Relic provides up to 50% (why I consider it irreplaceable in this build) and you can get more via Large Idols and Helmet/Chest affixes. Another multiplicative scaling method is “Bleed Effect” which you can also get via Helmet/Chest affixes and from the Paladin passives, which is basically giving you more Bleed damage %.

I’m not fully conviced about bleed duration yet. Seareched the dev-trhread on discord about it and found this comment from Mike:

[16:28] NᵃCˡ*:* Ok thanks one more thing with bleed duration does that have the innate byproduct of increasing damage of the bleed by making it last longer? Or simply to allow for more stacks to accumulate

[16:29] Mike W*:*Just allows more to accumulate

This would imply that it does not increase bleed damage.

Another source which sould increase our dps further are additional hits. As far as I understand the game each individual hit can procc bleed. This holds even true for
procc’ed skills/hits. This means that adding things like Manifest Strike or Divine Bolts on hit should indirectly yield another new somehow “more” multiplier.

Edit: Just got a confirmation from Mike on Discord: “Duration changes do not change the total damage of a single application of bleed. It just stretches the damage out if you increase the duration.”

Another source which sould increase our dps further are additional hits. As far as I understand the game each individual hit can procc bleed. This holds even true for procc’ed skills/hits. This means that adding things like Manifest Strike or Divine Bolts on hit should indirectly yield another new somehow “more” multiplier.

Yeah that’s what I’m doing in my new version. Temporal Cascade out of the Warpath tree is also pretty good, especially in Arena. It’s not considered Meele hits so it doesn’t benefit of the 200% out of the Paladin tree, but it does from the regular Bleed on hit modifiers and because it proccs often and is AoE I really like it.

I’m quite shocked that you yet again teach me better regarding the Bleed duration, but on the other hand this only helps me to make my build even stronger and efficient :smiley: I honestly don’t see a reason to have Bleed Duration now and will further adjust my build accordingly. Thanks!

Do you skill Counter Attack in your new version? Especially in Arena it’s like 5 additional AoE hits per second.

thinking about creating an excel sheet right now to make some more accurate DPS calculations. As even hitting the dummy does not yield very accurate results. Firthermore it would be possible to calculate the best percentage of resistance shred needed for individual attack rates.

About bleed duration: On chest and helmet it comes alognside inc physical damage which still makes it quite valuable but maybe strength is than superior. 8 strength yields 40 inc damage for Rive/Vengeance and Warpath alongside some additional armour. Could be a better investment especially in arena. In Echos longer bleed duration can provde a better sustain while walking through the map.

Thanks for the build Azno, I’m going to give this a go as I rarely play Sentinels (too much love for Primalists).

I have very few Idols for him but hopefully can gear up whilst levelling.