Maximum Spin to Win! Indestructible Bleed Warpath Paladin 0.8.2f

I tried it, but got rid of it again. The mobs that are troublesome in Arena aren’t the small guys which hit frequently and then in return get hit by Counter Attack, but the ranged mobs and the single big guys like Siege Golems, where the passive becomes pretty useless. Also with the changes I now made by replacing the Relic, I can put 4 points in the more damage node in Warpath due to having more cost reduction, I wouldn’t worry about damage at all anymore. I did put 1 point into Axe Thrower though because it’s another on hit proc.

Enjoy! Though as I said, I am currently building an even better version so stay tuned :slight_smile:

Thanks! will do. I’m moving house next week so playtime is going to be very limited for a while. Trying to get some play in while I still have the chance and this looks like something fresh and enjoyable.

I did some testing a few days ago and increased bleed duration makes 1 stack of bleed do more total damage (because it lasts longer doing it’s x damage per sec for longer). @EHG_Mike is wrong in that regard.

I’d assume that ailments are displayed as doing X damage over Y seconds but coded to do x/y damage per second, so if you increase the duration you’re getting that x/y damage per second for Z seconds which results in a higher damage from the stack.

While being able to stack more bleeds is a thing, it’s irrelevant for any damaging ailment except poison since poison has an innate uncapped resist shred. So 5 stacks allows each stack to do 10% more damage per tick (2% shred per stack on bosses), but 10 stacks allowes each stack to do 20% more damage per tick.

1 Like

So TL;DR, do you think Bleed duration is worth it or no?

Depends what the choice is. In general, yes 'cause it’s more damage.

1 Like

Hit the dummy for myself for some time now and can confirm that duration seems to increase the dps. It also seems to act like more multiplier doing it this way.

For poison this makes it to somehow double-dip as it increases the damage of each dot on its own and furthermore allows an uptime of more dots which further increase the dps. Feels wrong.

We really need a DPS display for DoTs… doesn’t even have to be too accurate, but just to see whether some stat constellation is better or worse than another one.

There is one in the “other” tab, but its not that accurate :smiley:

Started to created a rudimentary combat simulator in python for ailments. Results so far seem to align really well with ingame dps although I had to make some assumptions about implementional details by EHG. Especially regarding server ticks and attacks which happen inbetween.

I learned that you should never trust the character sheet regarding different types of increases! Exemplarily, Holy Aura provides 30% generic increase which is added to damage over time as well as physical damage but will only applied once for bleed ailments.

Most types of scaling are implemented so far including some skill tree passives and auras.

Still missing skill-specific (ailment application skill) temporary and global buffs like warpaths global increase and rive bleed remove scaling. As well as Manifest Strike and/or Axe Throw. Have to see if I can finish it during the following days.

I hope that in the end I can compute an average gain per affix/attribute/increase/more.

I know it wouldnt be keeping with the spirit of the build, but how much dmg would you gain if you duel wield instead?

If I understand DualWielding in this game correct (Averaged Weapon aps) it provides more or less “only” additional stats and no global speed modifications or similar besides the negative increased damage taken for you.

Equipping a second Sword in my Setup (Nagasa with attack speed, inc phys, bleed on hit) compared to a shield with no damage affixes I get a DpS increase of around 40%. Assuming my current simulations are correct :smiley:

This of course only takes DoT dps into account. You would get some more warpath dps through more flat damage.

And minion damage would be amazing too. Unless it shows it somewhere.

Nice build. Have you trying playing with Abyssal Echoes with both nodes called Temporal Reaving and Sequel of Decay.

Oh also sadly with the new update you can have only 2 Ornate Idols.

A lot, but you lose tons of survivability + flat out take 15% more damage due to the dualwielding penalty. In my opinion this build doesn’t need more damage, especially the new version which I will show off soon.

So I am totally new to the game… how do you get the unique axe? is it an RNG drop or is there a way to farm it?

It’s a random drop from any lvl 64+ zone, or you can gamble it from a Welryn Axe base when you’re lvl 64+.

Thank you, very nice and comfortable build!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.