Massive network problems make game unplayable

A friend of mine is having massive network problems with the game, making it impossible for him to play at the moment.

Whenever he changes zones, he has high ping (500ms+), rubberbanding, and other bugs for at least 30 seconds afterwards. In addition, the high ping affects not only Last Epoch, but all other applications as well. For example, his ping also jumps to 500ms+ in TeamSpeak, which usually leads to a disconnect on his end.

He doesn’t have a very good internet connection (I think around 16Mbit/s), but that shouldn’t lead to such problems, especially since he doesn’t have these problems in other multiplayer games.

In terms of hardware, he is very well equipped. I don’t know his exact specs, but he definitely has an RTX 3090, at least a 10th gen i9, and 32GB of RAM.

I’ve also seen similar complaints in the forum and on Reddit. This thread in particular summarizes many similar issues very well. However, the thread is already 1 year old and has been closed without any comment from the developers:
Network lag/issues Megathread - Bug Reports - Last Epoch Forums

I’d be interested to know if more people have this problem, if the developers are aware of the issue and when to expect a fix.