Massive Lag after 0.8.4c Patch

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.59 GHz 16GB RAM 20 , RTX2070 SUPER.
Recent Patch 0.8.4c made Last Epoch Unplayable with massive lags.
I really love the changes introduced in this patch but at around Ma’jesa acts when more enemies spawn there’s massive lag even with the lowest graphic settings…
Other ARPGS such as POE and D2R are fluid and smooth on highest settings.

1 Like

Hey there… Welcome to the forums…

Are you still experiencing this after the D patch?

If you are, please include player.log, le_graphicsmanager.ini & the output from a dxdiag report.

Useful files - Last Epoch Support Hub

Last EpochLogFiles_2021.12.22.zip (24.4 KB)

Thank you for your response. Please check attached.

Ok…

I cannot see anything specific in the player.log and the settings you are using seem fine for your hardware and shouldnt be causing a lot of lag even with LE being in beta/generally unoptimised. Your screen resolution is high but should be ok with Medium quality settings at an fps limit of 60… If your GPU usage while playing is higher than 60-70% when standing in town doing nothing, then I would suggest you lower the quality to Low or even Very Low… You do not want the GPU usage to be maxed out (100%) all the time… that causes problems like Lag in LE.

Your OS is 19043 which should be fine and your GPU drivers are from 2021-11-26 which is fine…

The only thing is that your diagnostic - end of the dxdiag file - is showing nothing by LiveKernelEvent 141 errors…

This is very bad and you need to find out why this is happening… LiveKernelEvent should not be ignored as they could mean something is failing on your system… Event code 141 usually refers to a hardware failure of some kind (Google it) - it can be anything from components overheating (memory/gpu/cpu) to actual hardware failures to hardware level conflicts caused by corrupted system files, outdated BIOS or even overclocking settings or a power supply failing to deliver power properly… I recommend that you investigate this and make sure your system is ok… Even open it up and make sure its clean, fans are working and nothing is touching something it should not…

Thx for your response.
Other ARPGS such as Diablo3, POE and games like Cyberpunk 2077 are working fine without stutters even with the liveKernelEvent (which I might have to look into if it causes any window shutdown.)
Anyway there was a recent patch release 0.8.4e so I’ve tested the game again and found out that this patch significantly improved performance. Game was unplayable due to lag but now it’s playable except for some stutter during dense mob packs.
Hopefully performance is continuously looked into… Love the game btw. :slight_smile:

Dont ignore the Livekernels… Even if other games etc are playing fine… .Livekernels will cause window shutdown and you need to figure out the cause before something serious happens and potentially blue smoke rises from some component in your machine… Hopefully its something easy like a corruption or bios update or faulty fan or old heatsink paste - just dont ignore it…

Performance is always improved - the issue is that they are adding and removing things at the same time so they have not dedicated resources to optimisation yet… “whats the point of optimising something that may be removed or changed for other reasons…” So I am sure they will get to improving performance, but for now, its best for us to be conservative in our expectations/game settings…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.