Mana Regen needs to be Suffix, not Prefix

Lmao, if I had it my way all of my affixes would be attunement, mana and mana regen :grin:

2 Likes

EDIT: Think my translator didnā€™t do the right thing.

Me too. If only there was room on gear for it.

I think this is where the passives help fill in the gaps.

In the mage base tree there is the Scholar node for 8 points that gives 3 mana per point. But I have a feeling it gets ignored in favor of the Elementalist node instead for the damage increase. In the Sorcerer tree you have the Brainstorm node with 8 points and 2% mana regen per point. In the same area there is the Mana Shell node with 8 points and 4 mana per point. But I feel that calculated Desctruction gets picked over those for the crit. In the next tier over you have the Wisdom node for 10 points and they are 3 mana per point.

I can see that they gave us options, so we donā€™t have to focus on stacking these things solely on gear.

Flat mana isnā€™t really a problem and I do take those nodes for the threshold stats (ā€œDo X when over 200/300/400 max manaā€ type things). But yeah. Damage nodes donā€™t always get taken just because, ā€œHurr, moar damagesā€ā€“though thatā€™s part of it. Itā€™s also because they are prereqs for other nodes.

For the Sorc tree in the 1st tier, itā€™s super hard to justify taking mana regen over crit or armor+mana. I do want that node, but it doesnā€™t compete with the other options. Itā€™s the same problem as having it as a Prefix. The only reason I have any on tree is because they robbed me of my cast speed for it on Spell Slinger, but I still want the flat spell damage.

If Brain Storm and Mana Shell were swapped to have Ele Dmg + Armor on one node and MP + MP Regen on the other, it would be a much tougher call. I do value armor, but Increase Ele Dmg on tree is just a ā€œwhateverā€ stat. There would be reason to take Mana Shell over Brain Storm here.

How much mana regen does that node give at the moment?

Which one?

Brainstorm: 8pts / 16% mana regen
Spell Slinger: 5 pts / 15% mana regen

(Not including other stats on nodes)

They would have to at least double the regen on Brainstorm for me to even glance at that node.

1 Like

Completely agree that with clever arrangement, it will make it much harder to choose one over the other for some people.

That would be a real choice too. Iā€™m down to see more of that in the gameā€™s design. It just feels awful when itā€™s being crammed into a space that it canā€™t compete.

Really interesting thread you have here Albino, i am gonna keep following it probably, but one think your ā€œtoneā€ was a lot different with llama that the one you used with washa maybe thats why he feel Āæoffended? or something in those lines, lets keep the disscusion on the matters and not on the subjects and try to respect other opinions as well, anyway wonderful post i think that you guys really ended with some interesting conclusions

Evidently he Respects mah Authoritah!

@Albinosaurus So each node at max points is 1/2 a t5 affix. Kind feels a bit bad.

1 Like

Then you realise itā€™s for a Primalist.
:sob:

3 Likes

This was two things. One was washaā€™s fault, one wasnā€™t.

1. I was pretty pissed when I wrote the OP. Not his fault. I do apologize for that.

2. A few people have been accusing me of dismissing opinions that I disagree with or counter-argue. If I was dismissing them, I wouldnā€™t reply to them. Iā€™m tired of people accusing me of this when I try to be more polite about things, so Iā€™m going to keep my pleasant tone for people who reciprocate. The tone of his posts came across very strongly as faux polite and passive aggressive, which aggravated my mood further (grew up around emotionally manipulative peopleā€“canā€™t stand it). Iā€™m not one to hold grudges or anything, though. He wants to calm his tone, Iā€™ll make an effort to do the same. Simple as that.

And yes, Llama, I do have substantial respect for you. You seem to get me on some level, even if we strongly disagree about something. I appreciate that very much.

2 Likes

I get that youā€™re usually wrong, which is entirely your prerogative & makes for more interesting arguments discussions. :wink:

3 Likes

lolā€¦ jeez

1 Like

Iā€™m stickin to my spriggy with this kind of luck

Iā€™m rolling up my first Primalist just now, actually. What mastery you guys recommend?

Void Knight, Paladin, Spellblade or Necro.

1 Like

I do have a 30-something Pally, but I didnā€™t get into much so far. Probably pick him back up later.

Tough one here. Avalanche Shaman is one of my favorites so far. But this Druid Spriggan with the vines is really crushing it.