Mana gain on hit!

Why is this missing?
I am literally playing in slow motion, waiting for mana to recover / Void Knight … those echoes are 60 mana hungry.
And no, i don’t wanna play the same build as everyone else.
I need mana - can’t sustain mana with 30+ mana regen per sec.
And i have mana + mana regen on every piece of gear.
:))))
Balance Team ?! :smiley:

1 Like

It will break the game, in a sense that a lot of OP builds will pop up. That’s why it’s missing.
My shield throw would be millions of damage had there been mana gain on hit.

Not only is mana gain on hit missing, you also can’t increase the base mana regeneration. I’m not even sure if your mana pool is affecting it. It could, just not in any meaningful way.

2 Likes

Mana pool isn’t affecting mana regen, but it acts as a buffer. In short, you can cast more spells before you run out of mana. If your spell costs 50 mana, having 200 mana or having 1000 mana is quite a difference.

That being said, @lineax should consider using the other available tools, like Idols with Mana Efficiency for Void spells, reduced mana cost on Scepter and mana return on Smite.

2 Likes

If you have played poe, what is the first thing you do with mana?

You make it not matter. Then you reserve 99% of it.

EHG don’t want that. They want mana to matter.

I think I in the past used some setup with spending all my mana and then using the ability that turns back time to refill my mana. Or something. Its a while since I last played void knight.

4 Likes

Make a build that doesn’t try to spam high mana cost abilities then.

2 Likes

I don’t know if this will help you or not as I have not played void knight but a quick search on the net resulted in this for me and sending it your way JUST in case it helps:

“Not super knowledgeable on the meta, but typically I see VK builds using the time reversal skill speced for increase cooldown reduction and increased damage taken (avoid the node that decreases the cooldown but doesn’t regenerate your mana). You blow all your mana in a short window and then rewind to get it back (effectively regenerating mana). You would want enough mana to use your combo and then cooldown reduction as you are going to be tied to the cooldown of the reversal skill to allow you to use your combo.”

Like i said…
What’s the point of making the same build that everyone is doing.
Where is Build Diversity.

Use Clarity.
Why is mana such a problem… for Void Knights.
There is no build diversity if everything is stuck on mana. Simple.
I can’t make a build that i want… because i can’t manage mana.
This is simply put… stupid.

Last epoch it’s more to take a heavy skill and doing 300 of hit in a seconds.
Here, you must have to manage the mana.
Some skills it’s more easy, other not.
Some skills you can put zero mana, other you can cast even without mana.

Tô me the fuking difference in last epoch, you can cast a 1000 mana skill with only 1 mana in your mana poll.

Actually, not having mana gain on hit is what causes build diversity. If you had easy access to mana regen, everyone would just pick the skill that does the most damage.
This way, you either pick the one that does the most damage and try to find a way to work it out (or spend some time waiting for regen), or you go for other skills or combos that don’t do as much damage but that allow you to spam them.

3 Likes

I tried making a build as a Mage that doesn’t rely on mana, guess how it turned out? Mana Strike which is a great ability, there’s just no items in the game that supports the skill.

Really…
Like what ?
Waiting for mana to recover for 4-5 seconds… it’sNEW & Unique type of playing an arpg.
Thank you… but, NO.
it’s just boring.

Also, you don’t really get it… you can’t manage mana on VK… no options available… there is no mana.
Quit damage, quit defence… add tons of mana & mana regen… still, not enough mana to play.
Meh.

If you lack the creativity to make a build that both manages mana properly and isn’t an exact copy of other builds, that’s your problem, not the game’s.

You have to care about your mana consumption in this game. You can deal with that and make a proper build within that restriction, or you can keep being mad about it and make builds that don’t work and keep having a bad time.

Then you made a dumb build. Sorry.

2 Likes

How is that limiting something so important… CREATES… build diversity ???
It’s the other way around.
:expressionless:

Your comment is too sensible for LE forums.

As I explained, if you don’t have to care about mana, everyone would simply pick the highest damage skill. There would be no reason not to. Why would you pick a skill that does less damage over one that does more?
However, if you have to worry about mana, then you either find a way to get the mana (like using Volatile Reversal on VK) to support that high-hitting skill, or you switch to another skill that doesn’t do as much damage but that you can cast more often.

It’s all about balance and about finding a solution to your problem, which is whole point of an ARPG build.

1 Like

I just told… there is no mana for Void Knight.
Giving up all your stats… it’s still not enough.

There is plenty of ways to generate mana or reduce mana cost.

Your expectations of how to use mana spending skills is just off.
You are not supposed to constantly use your 60 Mana skills.
You can counteract the mana consuption to make it more and more fluid but ultimately you cannot trivialize mana. That is by design.

This is the same for all classes and not soley a Void Knight challenge.

1 Like

That would be surprising if it were true. Especially because there are plenty of VK builds that do high corruption.
Volatile Reversal is simply the easiest and most immediate way to get it. But there are more. There are affixes that give you mana on potion use. There are more options as well. You just have to search for them.

Otherwise, there would be no builds using those high cost skills.

1 Like