Making reap a good damage ability

I made a melee focused only lich.
He wasnt bad but Reap was just underwhelming as a dps tool.
I used transplant for utility and movement since we dont have much choice of skills when you wanna stay melee only.

The node where you get 4% more dmg for each missing health on reap is kinda bad since harvest is still better dmg wise and doesnt have a cooldown.
My idea would be a node where reap gets converted into a bigger aoe cooldown scythe move with more focus on dmg instead of a movement skill

3 Likes

I strongly agree that reap as a damage skill is completely not viable.

Even though it is a movement skill baseline and it should not deal insane amounts of damage, it definitely needs a damage buff.

Aside from that your suggestion where you could transform this skill into a damage only ability sounds very cool.
I imagine a big scythe double spin or something like that.

Did you miss a “not” from there? Movement skills don’t generally do lots of damage. Though I do like the idea of using Bhuldar’s Wrath with Reap/Transplant.

I assume that Reap & Transplant share a cooldown?

1 Like

Not sure what you are talking about :smiley:

No they don’t share a cool down. And they should not share a cool down ever. IMO

2 Likes

:o double (unspec’d) Earthquakes! Though it’s unspec’d so probably not that “interesting”.

@Hackaloken You guys missed a movement skill sharing cooldown…

While Reap definitely is a movement skill, it is really short ranged.

I personally don’t see a reason to give it a shared cooldown with Transplant.

And you know I am one of the guys pushing for non-zoom meta, still I think a shared cooldown for this is not necessary

Reap also provides oneshot protection so it’s not purely a movement skill. That would also make it very powerful if its damage was more scalable so perhaps that’s why it is how it is?

I remember when PoE tried to resist the zoom meta. It was cute. :wink:

That said, I’d really like to see Reap more as a damage ability. Right now it’s like:

1. You have movement, so you can’t do much damage.
  2. You do damage, but have a cooldown because you have movement.

It’s really the worst of both worlds.

Give it reduced leech effectiveness and I think it’d be fine as a damage skill.

I would never demand Reap becoming an insane main dmg skill.

But even with an super strong melee weapon and over 1000%global damage my reap does not even do 50% of the HP of a white mob, literally.

+30 mana
reap is no longer a movement skill
reap dmgs enemies around you
+increased base dmg
+increased cooldown

would be me dream

2 Likes

I’m on the opposite, I’d rather see Reap become a movement and escape ability, even if it means losing damage. It’ visually hyper cool, but I really see it as a movement skill

I just want the devs to make up their mind which it is instead of being terrible at both.

1 Like

This is why hybrid " bad" (or at least worse).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.